Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Ha! I saw the emails and thought, yes, they’re [forumites] gonna love them!

How wrong was I? As stated (and probably the most accurate comment) no matter what shirt was revealed, IT WOULD BE WRONG.

Sometimes think most of you would be better off supporting the Bet Lynch crew down the Lancs. At least then you’d have a reason to be miserys.
    What an utterly bizarre rant. I would not recommend boozing and posting on here in future.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'm not quite sure what everyone was expecting really.

The home shirt is about as traditional as it can get, looks very much like the Vee we used to have in the 80s and like a St George shirt. The sponsors are a bit annoying but there's no way we'd sacrifice money on sponsors just to please every single fan.

The away shirt is beautiful, definitely our most popular colours down the years for an away kit and again the long vee looks better. I think both will sell really well.

It'll be interesting to see what merchandise they bring out aswell as I think Saints could make a fortune this year if they deliver on that's aswell.
    Wigan got their shirt(s) spot on this year. The sponsors weren’t overbearing or swamped with sponsors and the design (also being a team synonymous with a particular design) wasn’t near identical to that of a shirt they’d had five years before from the same manufacturer. The design was spot on as well. Our design isn’t that bad at all, I just find it lazy from O’Neills that it’s near identical to the 2017 shirt down to the collar and sleeves.

As said elsewhere, there’s nothing memorable about it. It’s near identical to 2017 so it could just be any Saints shirt, not one celebrating such a big anniversary in the club’s history. That’s the problem. Any other year, I think the majority like it, this year, it’s not good enough.

How is it: a, bizarre; b, a rant? Your contributions outnumber mine by a factor of ten to one on both counts. I particularly like your bizarre rant about the shade of red.

And at 07:45 I doubt I’d be “boozing”, which is ironic coming from someone called Two Beers.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Yes, they’d be gutted that they’d sell loads of shirts this year.
    They would be gutted if they didn't sell anything else in the next 20 years.

In The South Stand

How is it: a, bizarre; b, a rant? Your contributions outnumber mine by a factor of ten to one on both counts. I particularly like your bizarre rant about the shade of red.

And at 07:45 I doubt I’d be “boozing”, which is ironic coming from someone called Two Beers.
    If the argument to people having an opinion is “well, go and support Leigh then” it’s bizarre.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    They would be gutted if they didn't sell anything else in the next 20 years.
    They wouldn’t though, would they? Some years will sell better than others, it’s natural. There’s also other factors why shirts may or may not sell but that’s well away from this thread. If they’re scared of producing a high quality, much liked shirt then making shirts isn’t really for them.

Got A Season Ticket

Personally, I would have liked the club to have commemorated the anniversary with the colours pre vee. White with red band across the middle for the home kit and blue and white stripes for the away. But that's just my opinion.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, as someone who doesn't buy replica kits anymore they could play in a bin bag as long as Robes in lifting trophies wearing it.

FWIW I like them both. Yes, it's similar to the 2017 kit, and yes, it's a variation on a very familiar theme, but it's a proper Saints kit. I haven't had a new Saints shirt for a while, but I think I might well ask Father Xmas for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, as someone who doesn't buy replica kits anymore they could play in a bin bag as long as Robes in lifting trophies wearing it.
    This. In the years where I don't like the kit I've usually forgotten that I didn't like it by round 2.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

They wouldn’t though, would they? Some years will sell better than others, it’s natural. There’s also other factors why shirts may or may not sell but that’s well away from this thread. If they’re scared of producing a high quality, much liked shirt then making shirts isn’t really for them.
    20 years would be an extreme example, and it was more in reply to Gray77 than anything else.
    However, my point still stands.
    It's not really a question of being 'scared'. It's finding the right balance between releasing something long lasting, against persuading folks to buy something each season.
    I said earlier that it wouldn't surprise me to see a 'special' shirt released once we've all bought the regular one.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Both kits are great this year

Learning All The Songs

Stick a special badge on and that will do. Unlike some other clubs Saints never seem to get this side of the business right.

Starting A Programme Collection

They're fine and inoffensive but as a confessed kit nerd I agree with others they're a missed opportunity. I would have liked the home to be all white (inc. collar/cuffs) except the V. That silly O'Neill's collar has been on all but two of our home kits with them since 2015 and is boring and repetitive. I think that's a big part of the problem - we're limited to that tired old template and the only flexibility is what design gets slapped on around it. They don't even seem to vary the shade of red.

I also wish if they were going to put some patterning on the V on the away then it was some sort of artwork related to our history rather than generic geometric pattern number 4. 150 years and all that. But that's O'Neill's for you - they lack imagination and have never demonstrated all that much interest in our history or identity.

I'm sure most people will really like them anyway and a lot of people won't care either way ��

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Have to admit I was expecting something a bit more special for the 150th. However the home one has a nice clean look to the cut and I like the blue one,

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Nice shirts but have to agree with a lot nothing special to mark 150 years. I was hoping for the red band ,would've fit the sponsor in nicely without ruining the design also was hoping for a rehash of the heritage shirt or centenary shirt for away...

If the argument to people having an opinion is “well, go and support Leigh then” it’s bizarre.
    Nope, Didn't say that.

Bizarre, is the response "I would not recommend boozing and posting".

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    This. In the years where I don't like the kit I've usually forgotten that I didn't like it by round 2.
    Yep, me too. Once the season starts, the kit becomes irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Replica Shirt

Ha! I saw the emails and thought, yes, they’re [forumites] gonna love them!

How wrong was I? As stated (and probably the most accurate comment) no matter what shirt was revealed, IT WOULD BE WRONG.

Sometimes think most of you would be better off supporting the Bet Lynch crew down the Lancs. At least then you’d have a reason to be miserys.
    Well said Admin, if people don’t like them don’t buy them, simple!

In The South Stand

Wigan got their shirt(s) spot on this year. The sponsors weren’t overbearing or swamped with sponsors and the design (also being a team synonymous with a particular design) wasn’t near identical to that of a shirt they’d had five years before from the same manufacturer. The design was spot on as well. Our design isn’t that bad at all, I just find it lazy from O’Neills that it’s near identical to the 2017 shirt down to the collar and sleeves.

As said elsewhere, there’s nothing memorable about it. It’s near identical to 2017 so it could just be any Saints shirt, not one celebrating such a big anniversary in the club’s history. That’s the problem. Any other year, I think the majority like it, this year, it’s not good enough.
    I thought it was lazy of the Pies shirt manufacturer to take the shirts off the production line before the run had finished. Surely that's the only explanation for the "smeared" cherry hoops that look like a child has moved his arm across a wet painting. their shirt looks awful.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Miller View Post
    Well said Admin, if people don’t like them don’t buy them, simple!
    I agree, whatever the club came up with people would moan, things like; its too simple, its not simple enough, why have we got the sponsors on, it should be a red band or a thin v, would be thrown around depending on what they had come up with. The red v is what we have been known for to the vast majority of our supporters, those born before 1961 would have seen the red band. I wouldnt have minded us going with the away top resembling our heritage jersey, but the simpleness of our away one is rather nice.

Learning All The Songs

love the home kit. Proper Red V.

Learning All The Songs

I like both home and away kits. Nice and simple designs. The only difference could have been to go back to a white shirt with a red band and a royal blue away kit but that would have been nostalgia for nostalgias sake. I'm not really sure how radically different it could have been

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Doesn't mean your slagging your club you know just by giving your opinion on what you'd have liked to have seen, I thought that's what the forum was for?...

Learning All The Songs

Both cracking kits it’s just a pity they won’t be made of cotton.

Got A Replica Shirt

Who gives a flying f... what they play in.....
    All these moaners...We win 5 in a row if we played in f.. all.
    Just support the lads in whatever