Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Default Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

The new kits are fantastic.

Home kit a simple red vee but a long vee.

Away kit light blue, long navy vee. Absolutely stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The new kits are fantastic.

Home kit a simple red vee but a long vee.

Away kit light blue, long navy vee. Absolutely stunning.
    I have to agree, both are nice

Learning All The Songs

The away kit looks like one of the best we have had, the home is simple but beautiful.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I like that home shirt, some of the players holding the ball against the text HOME looks better still. Not seen a pic of the away shirt yet.

EDIT: Just seen the away shirt......Classy.

In The South Stand

That home one is nice but we’ve literally had that exact home shirt by O’Neills around 2016/17.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

I would prefer the red to be a bit darker but like them both.
    Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Nice enough but both just generic forgettable kits, was hoping for something a bit more special for the 150th anniversary.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Massive anti climax for me. Not particularly bad kits but nothing memorable either. Opportunity missed. Pi$s poor.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Nice enough but both just generic forgettable kits, was hoping for something a bit more special for the 150th anniversary.
    Yeah, that's the correct answer. If you asked an AI to show you a picture of a St Helens kit, it would be that. Neither the club or O'Neills are even trying anymore. Hopefully we move to a better kit maker for next year and hopefully it's something less boring.

Home is fine, it's a quality vee and I quite like the away, colours are nice. But the home has so few changes to any of our kits since 2016 or so there really is no point buying one.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Massive anti climax for me. Not particularly bad kits but nothing memorable either. Opportunity missed. Pi$s poor.
    Happy with both, and I expect that jersey sales will be 'as normal' for the new season.
    Is it possible that the club will also release some sort of special '150' retro shirt once we've all bought the regular ones?

In The South Stand

What’s the difference from 2017? A slightly different shade of red. 150 years and we’ve got exactly the same as what we had five years ago. As said elsewhere, it’s unforgettable and not special in the slightest. O’Neil’s, as many have said for years, can do one.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post

What’s the difference from 2017? A slightly different shade of red. 150 years and we’ve got exactly the same as what we had five years ago. As said elsewhere, it’s unforgettable and not special in the slightest. O’Neil’s, as many have said for years, can do one.
    In Saints defence, they’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they had gone for something “memorable” this thread would have been full of people complaining they didn’t do a traditional shirt.

I with others am hoping for a retro style release without the sponsors to celebrate 150years, but beyond that it’s pretty much exactly what we could have expected

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    In Saints defence, they’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they had gone for something “memorable” this thread would have been full of people complaining they didn’t do a traditional shirt.

I with others am hoping for a retro style release without the sponsors to celebrate 150years, but beyond that it’s pretty much exactly what we could have expected
    Exactly this. It's the same story every year.

In The South Stand

Memorable would be traditional. Traditional would be memorable. That effort is just meh. It’s identical to the 2017 shirt in everywhere, bar the shade of red. It’s borderline offensive. A complete lack of awareness or understanding.

In The South Stand

Memorable would be traditional. Traditional would be memorable. That effort is just meh. It’s identical to the 2017 shirt in everywhere, bar the shade of red. It’s borderline offensive. A complete lack of awareness or understanding.
    Saints are synonymous with the red V. There are only so many things you can do with a red V. Not sure exactly what people are expecting.

In The West Stand

“Being memorable” isn’t a design point. The depth and width of the Vee, piping or no piping and red vs white socks is generally the only real variations we see year on year so am not sure what the expectation is here to be both traditional and distinct.

At least there’s not a cats backside on it like one of our dear neighbors

Got A Season Ticket

That’s the issue, what is traditional? Is it the last 60 years, during which most of the current supporters started watching Saints, or is it the 90 years before that? Everyone’s saying that it’s a traditional shirt, so the thin red Vee worn by Tommy VV is not a traditional shirt, neither is the single red hoop, nor the brown and light blue hoops?

The shirts should have celebrated 150 years, not 60 or 40

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

These are the first O’Neills kits I’ve liked, love the home one, the away is great but I’d have preferred the navy vee to have been plain.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I take this back slightly. Away kit is very nice. Home still disappointing but I will probably get the away one.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Saints are synonymous with the red V. There are only so many things you can do with a red V. Not sure exactly what people are expecting.
    Something that isn’t an identical remake of something five years ago. Something that isn’t just “that’s nice”. Something special. It’s a nice shirt but not a 150th anniversary shirt.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

It's a really nice top, we'll look great in it, nice design and all that. But this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something really unique and special to celebrate a massive anniversary of the club, and instead we've merely just produced a nice modern shirt that's a bit better than ones we've had for the last decade or two. We miss a trick in English RL in not making loads of money off retro shirts, and the 150 year shirt should be one that people would want to buy as a classic in 20 years time. Without the really unimaginative badge extension nobody in 20 years would even be able to pick this shirt out as the one we wore in our 150th season. We've created a really nice shirt, but missed a huge opportunity to create a shirt that people will want to buy for years and years, and it smacks of a lack of creativity, ambition and marketing know-how.

Ha! I saw the emails and thought, yes, they’re [forumites] gonna love them!

How wrong was I? As stated (and probably the most accurate comment) no matter what shirt was revealed, IT WOULD BE WRONG.

Sometimes think most of you would be better off supporting the Bet Lynch crew down the Lancs. At least then you’d have a reason to be miserys.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'm not quite sure what everyone was expecting really.

The home shirt is about as traditional as it can get, looks very much like the Vee we used to have in the 80s and like a St George shirt. The sponsors are a bit annoying but there's no way we'd sacrifice money on sponsors just to please every single fan.

The away shirt is beautiful, definitely our most popular colours down the years for an away kit and again the long vee looks better. I think both will sell really well.

It'll be interesting to see what merchandise they bring out aswell as I think Saints could make a fortune this year if they deliver on that's aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    It's a really nice top, we'll look great in it, nice design and all that. But this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something really unique and special to celebrate a massive anniversary of the club, and instead we've merely just produced a nice modern shirt that's a bit better than ones we've had for the last decade or two. We miss a trick in English RL in not making loads of money off retro shirts, and the 150 year shirt should be one that people would want to buy as a classic in 20 years time. Without the really unimaginative badge extension nobody in 20 years would even be able to pick this shirt out as the one we wore in our 150th season. We've created a really nice shirt, but missed a huge opportunity to create a shirt that people will want to buy for years and years, and it smacks of a lack of creativity, ambition and marketing know-how.
    Perhaps they were a little worried that such a shirt would be worn for the next 20 years, rather than folks buying the latest one each year?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Perhaps they were a little worried that such a shirt would be worn for the next 20 years, rather than folks buying the latest one each year?
    Yes, they’d be gutted that they’d sell loads of shirts this year.