Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/st-he...ium=member_ios

Looks like we’re stuck with O’Neills for a while yet. Are the club issuing this as a way of counteracting the negative views on here regarding O’Neills, or priming us for another extension? I can’t see them coming out with this sort of statement without one or both of these being true.
    Thanks for posting that. It's a very interesting piece. You are right, that has to have come either from the club spotting the negativity towards O'Neills or O'Neills themselves complaining to the club about the social media hammering they are taking.

Two employees talking there that I had no idea even existed. Their roles in the process are a surprise to me, I'd assumed it was a case of O'Neills presenting their designs and the likes of Mike Rush approving them. It seems we're far more involved in the process than I thought we were. It was funny when he was waxing lyrical about O'Neills designs and extra touches setting them apart as the camera panned to Robes wearing a bog-standard generic grey jumper that has absolutely no design features or extra touches.

I think the hints in that video are that it's O'Neills flexibility in regards to order sizes and changes to default templates that sets them apart for the club. Perhaps some of the blame O'Neills are taking should be shared internally within the club as well. They seem to be making the argument that the sales are going well and if that's the case the opinion of the likes of myself that the range is poor is irrelevant really. I'd love to see the stats from that though, particularly the volume of home and away shirts sold per year and the overall profitability of the merchandise operation per year.

Got A Season Ticket

Reading the article on the Saints website, it looks like at least another three years with O’Neills.

“ Saints have been partnered with O’Neills for over 8 years now and the current agreement will see the partnership move into an 11th season.

Got A Season Ticket Haydock Saint's Avatar

Just looking at the Saints clothing merchandise on the website.

Quite frankly the choice and availability is pathetic- particularly given it’s our 150th year and in a few weeks time we have one of our biggest ever games.

Looking for a polo shirt - yet only one type available in my size.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    They seem to be making the argument that the sales are going well and if that's the case the opinion of the likes of myself that the range is poor is irrelevant really. I'd love to see the stats from that though, particularly the volume of home and away shirts sold per year and the overall profitability of the merchandise operation per year.

People buy the merch in spite of O'Neills, not because it's O'Neills

But some people won't buy the merch because it's O'Neills (and the range isn't great and stock availability is patchy)
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    People buy the merch in spite of O'Neills, not because it's O'Neills

But some people won't buy the merch because it's O'Neills (and the range isn't great and stock availability is patchy)
    Yeah the clothing always seems tight every year

Noooobie

Default Too right

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Yeah the clothing always seems tight every year
    Too right, I remember the time when you could wear a shirt over a hoody or coat when Knowsley road was colder than a penguin's flipper.

Starting A Programme Collection

Surprised nobody's whinging about United Carpets & Beds sponsoring Percival's testomonial shirt it's FTSE 100 or nothing for some

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The new Saints Challenge Club Shirt looks a bit special, think I will be buying one once I knowing the sizing is the same as the new season one.
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The new Saints Challenge Club Shirt looks a bit special, think I will be buying one once I knowing the sizing is the same as the new season one.
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com
    Online store says stock only expected mid-April, seems daft

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Fine if we win, it could become quite a collectors item.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Daft? It's incredibly stupid. If we lose, demand plummets. They should be available before the WCC. I don't understand it either. O'Neills will have had the rush on kits for the junior and amateur game and professional game in this country sorted by mid-February given the season starts then. It's almost like they're having a month off before starting on these kits. It'll be a tiny run as well, a thousand maximum?

Got A Season Ticket

Daft? It's incredibly stupid.
    Actually, it’s probably the only thing that they’ve got right this season. Rather than order a load of shirts that they’ll have trouble shifting should we lose, it’s a case of only ordering what people have pre-paid for, so no reduced price sales at the end of the season.
    What I can’t understand is how many people are going to fork out another £50 for an exact replica of a shirt they’ve already bought, save for a few additional graphics?

Also, they title it “History in the making” - what history is that exactly?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    Fine if we win, it could become quite a collectors item.
    If we do win and do the 5, I would be expecting something worth buying for next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NChXAgY78c

Highly rated our Saints shirts. Leigh, Leeds and Warrington the worse rated.

After our famous win can see the WCC replica shirt becoming a collectors item and orders will pick up this week before the deadline 28th Feb.

After our famous win can see the WCC replica shirt becoming a collectors item and orders will pick up this week before the deadline 28th Feb.
    What was with the dark bit at the bottom, it looked like they all had mud on their jersy

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    What was with the dark bit at the bottom, it looked like they all had mud on their jersy
    An image of the 2001 WCC winners.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    An image of the 2001 WCC winners.
    I would never have guessed that. It didn't come across on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    Also, they title it “History in the making” - what history is that exactly?
    Are you Phil Gould in disguise?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Are you Phil Gould in disguise?
    To be fair, it needs an update to ‘History made’.

Sorry if this is a daft question, I’ve just pre ordered the WCC shirt and I’m presuming it’ll have the 3rd star added ?

Thanks for posting that. It's a very interesting piece. You are right, that has to have come either from the club spotting the negativity towards O'Neills or O'Neills themselves complaining to the club about the social media hammering they are taking.

Two employees talking there that I had no idea even existed. Their roles in the process are a surprise to me, I'd assumed it was a case of O'Neills presenting their designs and the likes of Mike Rush approving them. It seems we're far more involved in the process than I thought we were. It was funny when he was waxing lyrical about O'Neills designs and extra touches setting them apart as the camera panned to Robes wearing a bog-standard generic grey jumper that has absolutely no design features or extra touches.

I think the hints in that video are that it's O'Neills flexibility in regards to order sizes and changes to default templates that sets them apart for the club. Perhaps some of the blame O'Neills are taking should be shared internally within the club as well. They seem to be making the argument that the sales are going well and if that's the case the opinion of the likes of myself that the range is poor is irrelevant really. I'd love to see the stats from that though, particularly the volume of home and away shirts sold per year and the overall profitability of the merchandise operation per year.
    My understanding is the club does well with their training wear sales. Having a new set of gear show up ever few months works well.

I don't really buy replica shirts anymore, the training gear by O'Neills does have good variety if nothing else and is good for wearing for a few years and on non-matchdays which you can't say about replicas. I got myself the blue warm up top this year which is a smart piece of clothing.

The only training gear that has sold poorly was the green range.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by docker View Post
    Sorry if this is a daft question, I’ve just pre ordered the WCC shirt and I’m presuming it’ll have the 3rd star added ?
    Thats a good question, the closing date is the 28th February, so I would imagine they can amend the design up to that date. If not the club will have to provide an extra star to sew on or do a DIY job. If the latter we need a bigger star to reflect the win was on Oz soil.

In The South Stand

Am I being too needy to demand a Penrith version of the World Club challenge kit? Same design is fine, but just put the iconic imagery from Saturday morning on it instead of the Brisbane win? I'll even pay and extra £10.

Am I being too needy to demand a Penrith version of the World Club challenge kit? Same design is fine, but just put the iconic imagery from Saturday morning on it instead of the Brisbane win? I'll even pay and extra £10.
    I’ve just had a reply on instagram from someone who’s asked the question about the 3rd star ⭐️ in the club shop and she’s been told it won’t be added. So we are buying something that’s new but already out of date ! Daft really considering they’re taking pre orders until 28th February which could easily be sorted as they won’t be ready to collect/post out until April….