Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

Learning All The Songs

Salford kits look way better than saints.
    I think the 2023 kits look cheap
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Wigan's supplier having issues, company has gone into administration and kit being held at the port

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Canterbury’s are excellent.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    It's exactly the same in reverse with our v longer making it a traditional saints kit which is what it should be

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    Maybe everyone is just an odd size! As I said about the polo's, I'm normally a Large in most shops but had to get a Medium in the O'Neills (so had to go down a size rather than up, opposite to your quandry with the away shirt), which fits great pretty much everywhere apart from the length which is a little short. The large was bob on for length but way too big everywhere else.
    I think there's such a diversity in peoples builds these days Tuna. I've always bought a medium as I like the shirts to be snug. This year however, it would've been too snug (certainly no room for the Christmas dinner!)! So although it's a little long, I've opted for a large. Like most clothes (epsecially shoes it seems!) sizes these days are really only a very rough guideline. If you're shelling out for shirts you do need to pop in and try them on. Happily the numerous decades worth of shirts I've got, both Saints GB and England are all medium and all still fit perfectly, so it's not a case of me ballooning with age! The lady who served me did say that O'Neils sizes are small.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I think there's such a diversity in peoples builds these days Tuna. I've always bought a medium as I like the shirts to be snug. This year however, it would've been too snug (certainly no room for the Christmas dinner!)! So although it's a little long, I've opted for a large. Like most clothes (epsecially shoes it seems!) sizes these days are really only a very rough guideline. If you're shelling out for shirts you do need to pop in and try them on. Happily the numerous decades worth of shirts I've got, both Saints GB and England are all medium and all still fit perfectly, so it's not a case of me ballooning with age! The lady who served me did say that O'Neils sizes are small.
    I think there is a massive diversity in which country clothes are manufactured from, I,m not sure if O"Neills import from abroad. For me I,m usually a Large but getting more towards XL in the gut these days, shoes I,m usually a size 10. China and Vietnam stuff is way off when it comes to UK sizes, bought a cycling jersey last year and had to order a 4XL (China) Hush Puppy Shoes had to go size 12 (China/Vietnam). Only USA sizes go the other way a Large size is more a UK's XL, shoes have to go one size up though.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think there is a massive diversity in which country clothes are manufactured from, I,m not sure if O"Neills import from abroad. For me I,m usually a Large but getting more towards XL in the gut these days, shoes I,m usually a size 10. China and Vietnam stuff is way off when it comes to UK sizes, bought a cycling jersey last year and had to order a 4XL (China) Hush Puppy Shoes had to go size 12 (China/Vietnam). Only USA sizes go the other way a Large size is more a UK's XL, shoes have to go one size up though.
    Im pretty much a large when it comes to clothes. Its the size I always buy. Went to the states last year and treated myself to some ralph lauren polos.....had to get size small

New matchday training/leisurewear stuff now being advertised - terrible!

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/12/0...RKtR9VBc9I3ZyM
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

I think its safe to say that this is the first year I won't be buying anything at all, even to wear for the gym, round the house.

This latest range is horrific. It looks as thought they've given a nursery child a set of paints, a plain white t shirt and just asked them to throw colours on it. I genuinely can't believe there are people that sign this off.

In The South Stand

That’s awful.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    That’s awful.
    Love the design.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Just file this training wear under "B 1 N "

Who ever designed this years kits/training gear has dropped a massive clanger.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Players don’t look too happy modelling the latest design, probably the best design from a bad selection so far. Will just buy the replica home shirt.

Some of those leisure designs reminds me of the 1980's Golf Shirts that you see in the Edinburgh Woollen Mill Stores
    Last edited by STIDDY; 8th December 2022 at 08:18.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    New matchday training/leisurewear stuff now being advertised - terrible!

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/12/0...RKtR9VBc9I3ZyM
    It is mindboggling that someone somewhere is getting paid for this nonsense. The club also should be firing back and demanding a higher quality product. As I've said before there are amateur RL clubs with a better training/leisure range than we have, with a more focused design philosophy and better looking products. The quarter zip that Bennison is wearing is particularly garish. It looks like something a Disney prince would wear. The white t-shirt is probably the best effort out of that lot. If they'd held back several of the lines it might have looked okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It is mindboggling that someone somewhere is getting paid for this nonsense. The club also should be firing back and demanding a higher quality product. As I've said before there are amateur RL clubs with a better training/leisure range than we have, with a more focused design philosophy and better looking products. The quarter zip that Bennison is wearing is particularly garish. It looks like something a Disney prince would wear. The white t-shirt is probably the best effort out of that lot. If they'd held back several of the lines it might have looked okay.
    The training gear's spot on and both the home and away kit are quality the away is like New South Wales

Learning All The Songs

Everyones likes and dislikes are different, i like the look of the new training gear, but also think this year should be the last of O’Neills, its not great quality what we get from them and the sizes are so varied, i an an XL in most tops yet with them i have had an L, XL and 2XL without any change in body size or shape, the quality control has never been great.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by philthompson View Post
    The training gear's spot on and both the home and away kit are quality the away is like New South Wales
    The training gear is spot on? You're the first I've seen say that.

The kits are the best O'Neills have done for us. But they just don't feel new. Same design templates, logo positions, fonts, collar and trim details etc. It's all so classic O'Neills.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I normally buy a couple of things, but not them.

Got A Season Ticket

Blooming awful. As I’ve stated before in previous posts, quality and design of everything is way off this year (but in a sad sort of way, I’ve come to expect that recently) and to find that virtually everything is still available in all sizes tells a story, especially only a couple of weeks away from Xmas.
    Where is the celebration of 150 years except for a gold redesigned club badge (maybe that was the cunning plan, make it as bad as possible so that no one forgets the anniversary)
    The club must take a huge part of the responsibility for this as they have the final sign-off for everything - design, quality, materials used, price, etc. I just can’t fathom who within the club thought these were designs befitting a monumental anniversary, thinking that they would fly off the shelves.
    As brilliantly as our club is run by the powers that be, this years offerings must go down as one of the biggest faux pas they’ve made?
    Last edited by Samphire15; 8th December 2022 at 06:33.

Noooobie

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-super-league/
    After looking at the rest of the Super League's efforts, Saints have some of the best designs, it's just the small fit, cheap feel, and sponsor that let it down.

I suppose releasing gear like that is one way of making sure it all isn't sold out in everything except XS and 6XL by March.

More stellar work by O'Neill's.

Got A Season Ticket

How Saints do it:
    https://www.saintssuperstore.com/new...s-run-tee.html

How it can be done:
    https://ellisrugby.com/product/new-z...vintage-style/

Vast difference in quality and at a lower price

There's obviously a target demographic they are aiming at with this matchday stuff, because surely no one over the age of 15 is going to want to buy any of this range? Maybe the think this is what the youth want, but as has been said, who in their right mind is signing this off from a Saints perspective that think this is what your average fan is going to want to spend their hard earned money on.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

I think the club have become a little lazy off the field to be honest. The range will still sell loads as lots of kids will want them as Xmas presents and lets face it if you can't sell merchandise after doing 4 in a row you may as well give up.

However given that it is not an ordinary season and our 150 year anniversary would it have been so hard to engage with some fans? Ask for 10-15 people as a cross-section of demographics, run through some ideas and designs. They could even have asked for people to submit their designs and held a vote for the winning one. Do something different and memorable but they don't need to presumably because of the on field success.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I quite like it. It's better than some we've had.

I will be getting something as it's the 150 up.
    Learned comment from The Don