Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Home & Away Kit 2023 Revealed

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    That seems bizarre to be honest, surely it's a case that the machine is broke, or the staff aren't trained to use it..

At a tenner a name/number it must make a fair old chunk of profit.

Like you say it's a lot of disappointed kids (mainly!)
    Slightly off topic, but related. I've tried a couple of times in the week to renew my season ticket, but the phone just keeps ringing.
    Could it be that they are short of staff for some reason?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I went into the shop today to get the family kids the kits for Christmas. They had stock of everything, but they told me they no longer put the names and numbers on the back of the shirts and that if they do start doing it again, it'll be after Christmas.

Not great that, does anyone know of anywhere else you can get them done? If they aren't going to bother with that anymore, they need to at least stock some 'hero' shirts for the main players, so the kids can get one with the name and number on.
    On the website you can order a shirt and select personalisation. So I’m not sure it’s true they no longer offer this service.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

When I visited earlier this week, the ticket office was busy dealing with in-person renewals so the staff did not have time to answer the phones. Presumably they are the only ones able to process applications at they are sat at the relevant terminals whereas the in-shop staff do not appear to have appropriate access. It seems, therefore, that it’s a case of keep trying and hope that there is a lull in the ticket office allowing the call to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    When I visited earlier this week, the ticket office was busy dealing with in-person renewals so the staff did not have time to answer the phones. Presumably they are the only ones able to process applications at they are sat at the relevant terminals whereas the in-shop staff do not appear to have appropriate access. It seems, therefore, that it’s a case of keep trying and hope that there is a lull in the ticket office allowing the call to be dealt with.
    Thanks.
    I'd pop in but it's a bit of a drive.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Slightly off topic, but related. I've tried a couple of times in the week to renew my season ticket, but the phone just keeps ringing.
    Could it be that they are short of staff for some reason?
    I had the same issue Friday afternoon. Must have called 5 or 6 times throught the afternoon and every time it just rang out before cutting off. No facility to leave a message. Can only assume like someone said they were busy dealing with people in person. Ended up calling in but it's not great really, especially if you don't live locally. I guess there has probably been a bit of a flurry lately of people renewing before the deadline next week.

Learning All The Songs

Thanks.
    I'd pop in but it's a bit of a drive.
    Just a thought, do you know someone local, you could send them and call when they are there to sort it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Just a thought, do you know someone local, you could send them and call when they are there to sort it?
    Thanks.
    I do, and I could. It's not a problem for me (just yet). I just wondered if it was linked to the shirt naming thing by some kind of staffing shortage.
    It sounds like they're just busy selling tickets, which is great news TBH.
    No idea what's going on with the name printing!

Got a Captains Run polo shirt yesterday, really pleased with it. Had to get a medium (normally wear a large in polos and tees) but in terms of the quality and design I'm actually impressed, after all the quality comments about O'Neills (granted, I haven't worn it or washed it yet so that opinion is subject to change )
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Noooobie

Just called both shop and ticket office and calls were answered after a few minutes. The printing machine is currently offsite but is expected back in store by next week.

Season Ticket sorted!
    It took a few goes on the phone but I did finally get through.
    For some reason they are unable to do this online, so everyone is either phoning in or visiting before the deadline on Friday, so they are busy.
    COYS!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by argus1973 View Post
    Just called both shop and ticket office and calls were answered after a few minutes. The printing machine is currently offsite but is expected back in store by next week.
    Thanks for the update. I'll give them a ring in a couple of weeks and pop back in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Season Ticket sorted!
    It took a few goes on the phone but I did finally get through.
    For some reason they are unable to do this online, so everyone is either phoning in or visiting before the deadline on Friday, so they are busy.
    COYS!
    Nice one, I should imagine the closer to the deadline the manic it gets in the office.

Just seen this on Twitter; presumably from the range yet to be released. Looks good from this picture and much more Saints-like than anything else we have so far.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Just seen this on Twitter; presumably from the range yet to be released. Looks good from this picture and much more Saints-like than anything else we have so far.

Nice to see Percy with a smile on his face after what he’s gone through.

In The South Stand

That’s awful. Looks like he works at Home Bargains.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    That’s awful. Looks like he works at Home Bargains.
    Don't like it either looks like the local Home Bargains Darts Team shirt, we.ve just got to accept the Home Bargain Logo will destroy 90% of any design wear we come up with.

I think we should swop sponsors with Warrington Wolves, at least Hoover is red and white and from Saints point of view can clean up most of the trophies on offer.

Yeah I must admit I don’t like the sponsor being all over the polo tops, etc.

In The South Stand

I think I'm just over O'Neills. That is a different design, but it's just boring. It just screams O'Neills. I wonder if the agreement with them will ever end? I've not heard the club announce how long they've signed up to them for, but most other clubs seem to be moving away.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Yeah I must admit I don’t like the sponsor being all over the polo tops, etc.
    Surely they're only on the player issue ones? They're not on any of the online shop merch. Not really sure where the issue is with that tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Surely they're only on the player issue ones? They're not on any of the online shop merch. Not really sure where the issue is with that tbh
    Yeah good point. Would look much better without it for fans to buy

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Don't like it either looks like the local Home Bargains Darts Team shirt, we.ve just got to accept the Home Bargain Logo will destroy 90% of any design wear we come up with.

I think we should swop sponsors with Warrington Wolves, at least Hoover is red and white and from Saints point of view can clean up most of the trophies on offer.
    Yeah but Hoover fits Warrington perfectly, they suck.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I think I'm just over O'Neills. That is a different design, but it's just boring. It just screams O'Neills. I wonder if the agreement with them will ever end? I've not heard the club announce how long they've signed up to them for, but most other clubs seem to be moving away.
    Very much the same for me. I‘ve not really been wowed by anything that’s come out, so far, for the 2023 season, given its importance and I doubt I will be given O’Neills track record.

The clubs statement on buying unofficial merchandise was interesting. I wonder if the club investigated why people are going down that route? I’m sure there’s a few reasons for it. Maybe we do sell our merchandise quite well and the numbers add up but I rarely see anyone who is completely happy with O’Neills.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    The shop sold hats with Home Bargains logo on this year, I would not be surprised if they were on that polo.

Just been on a training course at Haydock Mercure so was only 4 miles from the TW.

Popped to try on the away shirt, and the quality is poor. The fit is also poor, I’m normally an XL and it was a great length and fit on my arms (length part down the bicep and fitted) but a bit tight across the shoulders/back. No worries, I sometimes need an XXL but whilst that fits my back, it’s way too loose around the stomach and the sleeves are near my elbow and loose!

The difference in size/fit is chalk and cheese!

The T shirts looked nice but I don’t like the saintssaintssaints on the back.

Walked away with a 150 year key ring and pin badge and a tinge of regret….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Just been on a training course at Haydock Mercure so was only 4 miles from the TW.

Popped to try on the away shirt, and the quality is poor. The fit is also poor, I’m normally an XL and it was a great length and fit on my arms (length part down the bicep and fitted) but a bit tight across the shoulders/back. No worries, I sometimes need an XXL but whilst that fits my back, it’s way too loose around the stomach and the sleeves are near my elbow and loose!

The difference in size/fit is chalk and cheese!

The T shirts looked nice but I don’t like the saintssaintssaints on the back.

Walked away with a 150 year key ring and pin badge and a tinge of regret….
    Maybe everyone is just an odd size! As I said about the polo's, I'm normally a Large in most shops but had to get a Medium in the O'Neills (so had to go down a size rather than up, opposite to your quandry with the away shirt), which fits great pretty much everywhere apart from the length which is a little short. The large was bob on for length but way too big everywhere else.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!