Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saint's Ladies

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Default Saint's Ladies

I see that Leeds are to start to make payments to their Ladies team - not salaried, but payments nevertheless.
    I thought Warrington may have been the first to do this, but credit to Leeds.
    I hope we can find a way to follow suit; I know times are tough financially for many people, but maybe a £25 supplement on season tickets?
    Our ladies have brought lots of success - and entertainment - to the club and I, for one, would hate to see our Ladies squad start to break up

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...os-women-paid/
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Its probably come at the right time as they look and play like professionals especially the Leeds, York and Saints teams, I think we get free ladies matches on our season tickets for me I,m willing to pay a fiver instead of a free entry. Our club image is looking great at the moment its not all about the first team.

The whole club first team, ladies team and academy are fantastic in how they wear the badge with pride, the saints ladies in particular seem to sacrifice any spare team they have to play for us.

In The South Stand

It's good to see, but incredibly vague from Leeds. They will make some payments, but keen to stress it's not a salary. It's very odd and I'd be all over that if I were a tax inspector.

Having said that, Saints need to keep pace with whatever this is. The women's game is a massive growth area and so is girl's rugby at junior level.

Learning All The Songs

Well it's a novel way to top up Lisone's salary by paying his Mrs in the women's team...

In all seriousness though, seems like a good step forward. Hopefully others will be following suit, I can't imagine Saints, York or Wire will be too far behind. Clubs like Cas who have cut as much as possible while others go the opposite way are going to find it very difficult to catch back up.

Thought the documetary "Women of Steel" last night was quite absorbing, respect to them for their committment and trying to juggle their everyday life at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought the documetary "Women of Steel" last night was quite absorbing, respect to them for their committment and trying to juggle their everyday life at the same time.
    Heres the link for anyone who would like it
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...women-of-steel

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Don't know if its alteady mentioned but our Saints Prop in Chantelle Crowl reported to have been racially assaulted both verbally and physically in a Spanish Hotel at Lloret de Mar. She has been on the receiving end quite a few times now, hope she is OK and takes her frustration out on the opposition on Sunday.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Don't know if its alteady mentioned but our Saints Prop in Chantelle Crowl reported to have been racially assaulted both verbally and physically in a Spanish Hotel at Lloret de Mar. She has been on the receiving end quite a few times now, hope she is OK and takes her frustration out on the opposition on Sunday.

Disgraceful. Pity she didn't batter the scum (but hopefully somebody else did). No place for bigotry in today's society.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

PS - a great win against Leeds the weekend before last. Really expansive play, which is a change from the season before (which looked like they were copying Woolfball)
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket grungellamas's Avatar

I know you can attend with your season ticket but can you sit in your seat?

Quote Originally Posted by grungellamas View Post
    I know you can attend with your season ticket but can you sit in your seat?
    Its all un-reserved seating, watched about 4 ladies games and sat in my seat twice. Plenty of empty seats you don't get a lot of fans attending.

Its all un-reserved seating, watched about 4 ladies games and sat in my seat twice. Plenty of empty seats you don't get a lot of fans attending.
    Thanks for that.

Just seen it now. Awful. Just awful. Really hope that she and her family are safe now and get some support.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    Disgraceful. Pity she didn't batter the scum (but hopefully somebody else did). No place for bigotry in today's society.
    There's always some morons.