Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Leopards

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I think it's quite different for us having enjoyed all our success.

It looks like Leigh are projecting themselves as something new and different to the 'same old' that's seen them yoyo and not really get anywhere.
    Their existing fans will be more than happy to be in the top flight again, and I do think that this new, modern looking approach may well bring in a younger set of new fans for them.
    The more I think of it, I see it as quite clever.
    A leopard spots graphic is very recognisable but very flexible at the same time.
    No reason why a more traditional looking jersey can't be reintroduced as an away kit, or for a future season, but still incorporating the leopard theme.
    It's actually beginning to make sense to me, and growing on me a little.

Of course, I'm going to look really daft if this does turn out to be a spoof!!!
    Success has little to do with it. Alongside us, they’ve probably been one of the most successful clubs in the UK for much of the last ten years. Club colours and the tradition of those are very emotive subjects for fans of clubs and the change of club colours causes fractures between owners and fans, quite obviously. A complete lack of consultation with organised fan groups or with season ticket holders is not the way to go about a rebrand that includes changing the traditional club colours to an animal that the incumbent owner quite likes.

I think it’s woeful all round. The implementation has been horrendous. There’s some really good stuff for Leigh and the sport that have come out of yesterday. They made ten signings, many of which aren’t the usual dross that floats between promoted teams each year, they want to start a women’s team, they want to start disability teams, they want to get an academy and are going for an A licence. All of that is lost amongst a sea of negativity and people laughing at them as a club. Even Specsavers have had a pop.

The jersey is shambolic. The front isn’t awful but the back is the back passage and it’s going to look as though the leopard is depositing the players names and numbers. That’s without even acknowledging that is a snow leopard on the shirt and rather than just a leopard.

It looks like a kid has knocker the whole thing up, which makes me think Beaumont has done all the work himself.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Weren't we supposed to be Saints Storm?
    I thought it was Saints Sharks that was being mooted at the time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don’t really care what Leigh call themselves. Is Leopards any worse than Warriors, Wolves, Vikings, Rhinos etc?
    They may help marketing, but to me they are all a bit cringeworthy. Really happy we just stayed with our traditional Saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don’t really care what Leigh call themselves. Is Leopards any worse than Warriors, Wolves, Vikings, Rhinos etc?
    They may help marketing, but to me they are all a bit cringeworthy. Really happy we just stayed with our traditional Saints.
    Yeh we’re blessed that we never went down that route!
    Regarding Leigh, we do enjoy poking fun at other clubs but Leigh really asked for it with this stunt. It was never gonna not get ridiculed. If they really wanted a change why not just return to Leigh rlfc with traditional red and white hoops. I’m sure that would have been just enough of a change to freshen things up.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Nothing quite like pointless alliteration to sell stuff! St Helens Stupendous Sentinals for instance would triple our market share. Obviously.

It’s a little worse for sure. Sounds more like a netball team to be honest

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Success has little to do with it. Alongside us, they’ve probably been one of the most successful clubs in the UK for much of the last ten years.
    Sorry DC, but you've lost me there. They've been a yoyo side. That's hardly successful IMO.

... the back is the back passage and it’s going to look as though the leopard is depositing the players names and numbers...
    Maybe that's why they have 'Impact insurance'?

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Budgie the Leopard, I mean Leyther here.....I'm not happy IF we ain't going to be playing in cherry/red & white shirts for the next season or 2. I know it's only cosmetic but it's also tradition of the club to play in those colours. Our home shirts over the years have sometimes have been a cross between a Pie shirt and a Salford one anyway. It is what it is at the end of the day, but it's a shame it's overshadowed the announcement of some excellent signings yesterday (for us anyway), quite literally on the Leigh forums nobody is mentioning them it's just leopards and nothing else. Not too fussed about Leopards instead of Centurions (sounds a bit daft though), but I'd gotten used to the latter. Personally I'd have gone for Leigh Otters, but trust Derek the 'posh chav' to go all bling with OUR club.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm convinced that this is all a wind up
    So is my best mate's husband and he's a Leigh fan. He's not getting a shirt should it be true though, provided me and her with a whole morning of hilarity this has.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Budgie the Leopard, I mean Leyther here.....I'm not happy IF we ain't going to be playing in cherry/red & white shirts for the next season or 2. I know it's only cosmetic but it's also tradition of the club to play in those colours. Our home shirts over the years have sometimes have been a cross between a Pie shirt and a Salford one anyway. It is what it is at the end of the day, but it's a shame it's overshadowed the announcement of some excellent signings yesterday (for us anyway), quite literally on the Leigh forums nobody is mentioning them it's just leopards and nothing else. Not too fussed about Leopards instead of Centurions (sounds a bit daft though), but I'd gotten used to the latter. Personally I'd have gone for Leigh Otters, but trust Derek the 'posh chav' to go all bling with OUR club.
    I’m glad you’re still able to raise a smile.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'll give Beaumont his due, whilst he's a nutter you can't say he hasn't put his heart and soul into Leigh. He's clearly backed them whilst in the Championship and he's backed them this year with 10 new signings and they're not squad fillers, alot of them are good players. He's put his money where his mouth so hopefully it'll be a more competitive competition next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

As long as Toulouse never come back in super league then I’m all for Leigh doing well…. They deserve a bit more respect on here …. Banter or not ! Get Catalan relegated next ….
    LET THE GAME BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    As long as Toulouse never come back in super league then I’m all for Leigh doing well…. They deserve a bit more respect on here …. Banter or not ! Get Catalan relegated next ….

Can I ask how you voted on Brexit dude?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    So you would rather have a cold rainy night in Wakefield than a weekend in the south of France?

In The South Stand

Sorry DC, but you've lost me there. They've been a yoyo side. That's hardly successful IMO.

Maybe that's why they have 'Impact insurance'?
    Finished top of the Championship in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2022. Won promotion twice (three times if you include the elevation because Toronto went pop) , won the 1895 Cup and the old Northern Rail Cup in 2013. They’ve been successful. The rebrand is nothing to do with success but vanity and self indulgence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'll give Beaumont his due, whilst he's a nutter you can't say he hasn't put his heart and soul into Leigh. He's clearly backed them whilst in the Championship and he's backed them this year with 10 new signings and they're not squad fillers, alot of them are good players. He's put his money where his mouth so hopefully it'll be a more competitive competition next year.
    I'm with you, he has supported them and I hope they do OK.

Learning All The Songs

I think they will stay up next year. And fair play to them.
    I actually like the kit if they didn't do the same at the back.

I've always thought expansion has been looked at wrong and building around the areas that already have a strong following is more realistic and beneficial.. leigh a great example.. Cumbria.. more around lancs/Yorkshire/hull

Obviously Catalan have proved it can work.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post

I've always thought expansion has been looked at wrong and building around the areas that already have a strong following is more realistic and beneficial.. leigh a great example.. Cumbria.. more around lancs/Yorkshire/hull

Do Leigh have a strong following? Derek has put some big estimates on the crowds, hopefully they are competitive enough on the field to achieve them, we need as many strong clubs as we can find. I'm not as convinced on their signings. The Leutele and Hardaker signings are decent, but I'm not convinced any of those they've got from Warrington will help them much.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Do Leigh have a strong following? Derek has put some big estimates on the crowds, hopefully they are competitive enough on the field to achieve them, we need as many strong clubs as we can find. I'm not as convinced on their signings. The Leutele and Hardaker signings are decent, but I'm not convinced any of those they've got from Warrington will help them much.
    I hope they have enough to beat the likes of Wakey and Cas.

Finished top of the Championship in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2022. Won promotion twice (three times if you include the elevation because Toronto went pop) , won the 1895 Cup and the old Northern Rail Cup in 2013. They’ve been successful. The rebrand is nothing to do with success but vanity and self indulgence.
    Like I said...

Noooobie

Just seen their tweet from yesterday with the playing squad for this season - honestly one of the worst photo shop jobs I've ever seen. It's really convincing me that this Leopards thing is all just a massive wind up, but surely it's run its course now.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post

I thought there was no relegation next year

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    I thought there was no relegation next year
    If I've understood correctly, only A grades will be protected from relegation.

Also, I'm not sure when that starts. I don't think they've actually said yet!

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

If I've understood correctly, only A grades will be protected from relegation.

Also, I'm not sure when that starts. I don't think they've actually said yet!
    Is it the '24 season that the "grade A" stuff will come into effect?

In The South Stand

Like I said...
    Success is relative, isn’t it? Do you think Leigh fans haven’t enjoyed it or celebrated it because it’s not the Super League?