Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Leigh Leopards

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by cheify View Post
    30 pound is way to expensive for Rugby League you can watch premier league football for that
    I’m not disagreeing with you but what’s the difference in your mind? Both are elite levels of their respective sports.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with you but what’s the difference in your mind? Both are elite levels of their respective sports.
    Demand I would guess is the differential.

Got A Season Ticket

How much was it to get on Leigh last season in the championship and out of interest how much is it in the west and east stands at the TW I always go in the south stand so don’t know how much it is to stand up ???

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    How much was it to get on Leigh last season in the championship and out of interest how much is it in the west and east stands at the TW I always go in the south stand so don’t know how much it is to stand up ???
    I think we’re something like £25-28 to stand but I wouldn’t be the best to ask as I don’t stand at our games. I’m absolutely certain it’s less than £30, though.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

I think we’re something like £25-28 to stand but I wouldn’t be the best to ask as I don’t stand at our games. I’m absolutely certain it’s less than £30, though.
    £23 to stand I believe it is, tickets from approx £25 to sit

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    £23 to stand I believe it is, tickets from approx £25 to sit
    My oh my we are really spoiled aren’t we £23 to watch the 4 peat champions or £30 to watch a thrown together newly promoted relegation favourite
    Thank you very much Eamon

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    My oh my we are really spoiled aren’t we £23 to watch the 4 peat champions or £30 to watch a thrown together newly promoted relegation favourite
    Thank you very much Eamon
    I'll be paying £30 to watch my team play a thrown together newly promoted relegation favourite.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    It will be interesting to see how many do buy the shirts, and what the away one looks like.
    Your mention of SL add on names reminded me of a conversation I had early on in SL which someone ridiculing the 'Americanism' of it.
    I pointed out to him that this was nothing new. We'd had Rochdale Hornets for as long as I could remember, then you had Wasps, Saracens etc in RU, Hotspurs, Wednesdays etc in Football, and that Arsenal isn't a place!

My prediction is that plenty will buy the shirt. Not because they particularly like it, just because they want to be seen as Leigh fans.
    No one will laugh at them, in the same way as no one laughs at our 'Totally Wicked' or 'Home Bargain' ties. (my experience of it anyway!).
    No one will give a toss that they're called 'Leopards', in the same way as the 'old' SL names have become normalised, although I do acknowledge that Hull quickly dropped the 'Sharks' tag.
    Whatever happens, we're all still talking about Leigh.
    What's that saying about 'bad publicity'?
    Don't forget swinton lions

I think Leigh have won their bet with the new kit they have launched.
    Hands down the worst kit of all time.
    Last edited by Div; 16th November 2022 at 12:57.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I think Leigh have won their bet with the new kit they have launched.
    Hands down the worst kit of all time.
    They have used a jaguar, not a leopard lol
    Last edited by Div; 16th November 2022 at 12:57.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Beaumont was in the Wetherspoon's pub near IT yesterday in leopard print baseball boots........absolute tool
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Beaumont was in the Wetherspoon's pub near IT yesterday in leopard print baseball boots........absolute tool
    Who cares what he wears as long as he is pumping money into the club and supporting rugby league

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Who cares what he wears as long as he is pumping money into the club and supporting rugby league
    Indeed. Hopefully he remains around for a long time because he supplies a constant source of entertainment to RL fans. I am hoping the try area is painted a leopard print colour at LSV as well. Perhaps someone should suggest it to him on twitter?

In The South Stand

It all sounds crazy but look how much publicity it’s generated for Leigh and the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    It all sounds crazy but look how much publicity it’s generated for Leigh and the sport.
    Anyone can do that though for a short term publicity stunt. Longer term ridicule and humiliation is more worrying.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Anyone can do that though for a short term publicity stunt. Longer term ridicule and humiliation is more worrying.
    Surviving the first year should be Leigh’s first concern. If they do that, I’m sure their fans can weather jokes at their expense.

If the shirts flop as a commercial venture I’m sure Beaumont will revert to the traditional jersey. Even if the shirts take off, I think they’ll still be a one year flash in the pan although I can then imagine the wolf on the back of Warrington’s next jersey!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I honestly don't think that will happen once the season gets going. I posted something similar earlier as I doubt that people will give it much thought once we've seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

With or without leopard print trainers, he's a tool...... irrespective of how much money he puts into the game
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I can then imagine the wolf on the back of Warrington’s next jersey!

Warrington are more used to having a monkey on their back
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brian nazareth View Post
    warrington are more used to having a monkey on their back