Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints Pitch

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints Pitch

The playing surface at the TWS last night is the worst we have seen it? Major repairs or re seeding needs to be done for next year?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    The playing surface at the TWS last night is the worst we have seen it? Major repairs or re seeding needs to be done for next year?
    Probably needs a rest, it's taken some hammer the last few years. All the covid matches, all our age groups, womens matches, a concert and now World Cup.

Learning All The Songs

Looked like work had been done and not recovered in time. I suppose the season finishing earlier was a factor in doing any work.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Looked like work had been done and not recovered in time. I suppose the season finishing earlier was a factor in doing any work.
    Noticed that 10 metres strip in from the touch line at the North Stand was a different paler colour as though it had been raked. Touch lines and dead ball lines looked a bit shabby as well, when players were tackled at the touch lines the white marking was coming off the grass surface.

Learning All The Songs

The concert midseason wouldnt have helped the pitch, i would assume it is due relaying in any case, its had a lot of games on it over the past few years and the wear and tear maybe too much to continually fix.

Got A Season Ticket

Pitch was damaged by the heatwave whilst the covering for the concert was on it.

Relaying/seeding has either been done or is due. Further complicated by requests for use by the 6 world cup teams for captain's runs etc.

It will be fine for 2023 unless the fireworks damage it......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The concert midseason wouldnt have helped the pitch, i would assume it is due relaying in any case, its had a lot of games on it over the past few years and the wear and tear maybe too much to continually fix.
    Bit off topic, but how many people did they get for that concert?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Bit off topic, but how many people did they get for that concert?
    21500, https://www.totallywickedstadium.com...eaton-july-22/. The covering of the pitch and number of people on it wouldnt have done the pitch any good, nor the excessive dry conditions around that period, add in the rain on the night and it becomes a problem.

In The South Stand

I thought the pitch looked bad but Walter’s explanation makes sense. I’m sure it will be OK for next season. What with a drought, a heatwave, a concert and extra games the ground staff must be working hard.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I thought the pitch looked bad but Walter’s explanation makes sense. I’m sure it will be OK for next season. What with a drought, a heatwave, a concert and extra games the ground staff must be working hard.
    Im sure its no fault of the ground staff but at the beginning of every season it looks like Blackpool beach and cuts up terribly, remember Coote getting injured early in the season a couple of years ago when his standing leg caught on the soft surface, I don't think next season will be any different

The pitch has been hollow tined and filled with sand, that's what the patches were.