Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leigh coming up.

In The South Stand

Default Leigh coming up.

18 nil halftime.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    18 nil halftime.
    24 - 0 now . Got to admire the defensive effort put in by Batley for the first 30 minutes . Another try as I type , leigh will run up a big score now

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    24 - 0 now . Got to admire the defensive effort put in by Batley for the first 30 minutes . Another try as I type , leigh will run up a big score now
    At least Batley are on the scoresheet now but certainly looks good for Leigh to be at the top table next year.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    Their gunna have to offload a lot of quota players now I wonder who stays and goes ??????

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Their gunna have to offload a lot of quota players now I wonder who stays and goes ??????
    Looking at their line up for the game tonight, I think they will too- https://twitter.com/LeighCenturions/...02916923711489

This said, I still think they'll still have sides like Wakefield looking over their shoulders more so than in recent years. Big recruitment period for Wakefield ahead having lost some of their best players.

Leigh have Lam under contract next year and I believe Ipape too, so there's two players in key positions that I think will go well in SL.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Looking at their line up for the game tonight, I think they will too- https://twitter.com/LeighCenturions/...02916923711489

This said, I still think they'll still have sides like Wakefield looking over their shoulders more so than in recent years. Big recruitment period for Wakefield ahead having lost some of their best players.

Leigh have Lam under contract next year and I believe Ipape too, so there's two players in key positions that I think will go well in SL.
    Blake Ferguson
    Ibape
    Lam
    Asiata

4 overseas players that would get into most tol SL clubs.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post

Think it will be between Leigh Wakefield and Warrington for the drop next season then lololol

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Paid for SL promotion. Let’s see how cocky they are next year. Inu was particularly annoying. Take the win and have some humility. Pay to win!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Paid for SL promotion. Let’s see how cocky they are next year. Inu was particularly annoying. Take the win and have some humility. Pay to win!
    You can't have a go because they have spent money! Our sport is crying out for that investment.

I thought they was professional throughout and considering the likes of Blake Ferguson have achieved so much he was on cloud 9 at full time

Good luck to Leigh. I hope they do well.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Good to have another Lancs side in SL with a decent stadium. Can't blame the French fans for not travelling but the away support from across the Pennines at the DW this season has been very disappointing bar the play off match vs Leeds.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    So how do you think Batley would have done in Super League?...If you do t have the personnel, you have no chance.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The promoted Leigh side won't be the same quality team starting Superleague next year, I think they need to off load around 5 overseas players to comply with the comp.

Learning All The Songs

Think it will be between Leigh Wakefield and Warrington for the drop next season then lololol
    We will probably go to franchising for the season after so unless Wakefield and Cas get better grounds Leigh will be secure.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

One positive, will be good to get another regular look at Lams slapped arse face. Always a treat. Certainly happy we have replaced a French team with an English one.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

With the constant discussion re Franchises ir Relegation would it have been better if the Leaders of the Championship had to play the bottom team in Super League to determine who stats up or goes up, maybe a two leg or neutral ground.

Problem is the Championship is a completely different pace.

In The South Stand

The best side all year, so as expected. Both them and Batley epitomised what is wrong with promotion and relegation and why IMG’s proposal is a decent idea.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Does Smith still belong to Saints?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    With the constant discussion re Franchises ir Relegation would it have been better if the Leaders of the Championship had to play the bottom team in Super League to determine who stats up or goes up, maybe a two leg or neutral ground.

Problem is the Championship is a completely different pace.
    The better idea would be to recognise each club on their achievement but also their contribution to Super League as a whole. Leigh offer nothing. No fans, no geographical improvement, no quality on the field, no youth system. They'll have to cut half their squad and they'll be another Wakefield. Great.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    You can't have a go because they have spent money! Our sport is crying out for that investment.

I thought they was professional throughout and considering the likes of Blake Ferguson have achieved so much he was on cloud 9 at full time

Good luck to Leigh. I hope they do well.
    Thanks for that, unlike the b1tchy comments from the naughty reverand.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Does Smith still belong to Saints?
    Until the end of 2022
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Nobody really wants to watch your lot anyway if they know good rugby

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

They are mostly sorted. They are trying to get Lam off quota on the basis he did a few years at Wigan St Pats which would give them a bit of wiggle room. They have 3 or 4 more quota players already contracted and I imagine they will keep a couple more of their current players if they can

Signed Robbie Mulhern, Jack Hughes and Matt Davis from Warrington and rumours they are getting Ricky Leutele and Tom Briscoe. Sidlow is leaving and there are a few loan players they need to decide on, both Smith and Nisbet are leaving Saints so are available to them if required. They look like a decent team already to me although it's a massive step up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    They are mostly sorted. They are trying to get Lam off quota on the basis he did a few years at Wigan St Pats which would give them a bit of wiggle room. They have 3 or 4 more quota players already contracted and I imagine they will keep a couple more of their current players if they can

Signed Robbie Mulhern, Jack Hughes and Matt Davis from Warrington and rumours they are getting Ricky Leutele and Tom Briscoe. Sidlow is leaving and there are a few loan players they need to decide on, both Smith and Nisbet are leaving Saints so are available to them if required. They look like a decent team already to me although it's a massive step up.
    I hope they do have a decent team and do well.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    The better idea would be to recognise each club on their achievement but also their contribution to Super League as a whole. Leigh offer nothing. No fans, no geographical improvement, no quality on the field, no youth system. They'll have to cut half their squad and they'll be another Wakefield. Great.
    Bless, arrogance at it's finest.
    Last edited by Budgiezilla; 4th October 2022 at 00:07.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Bless, arrogance at it's finest.
    Where's the arrogance there? I'd love Leigh to prove me wrong, add another exciting element to Super League. This time will have to be very different than the last time though. The potential is there for Leigh. Good ground, some good overseas players. If you can do what Beaumont has suggested and achieve 7-8,000 crowds then great. If you're bottom and crowds are back to 3,500 then I'll be right.