Full 2023 fixture announcement - 3 November 2022
    Opening round: 16-19 February 2023
    Rival round (Easter): 6-10 April 2023
    Round 27 (final round of regular-season games): 21-24 September 2023
    Eliminators: 29 & 30 September 2023
    Semi-finals: 6 & 7 October 2023
    Grand Final: 14 October 2023

Main point is the Easter double header removed
    Urrgh. Personally I enjoyed the GF being held earlier. It was great to see good rugby on display in good conditions rather than the bar of soap conditions that normally arise in mid October.

Learning All The Songs

Happy to see the Easter double header removed, hopefully means the games can be spread out better over the weekend and have more televised so other supporters can watch. From a selfish point of view i am happy the Grand Final is back in October, i was unable to attend this year due to prior commitments taking up my weekends in September every year, at least we are getting this information out properly rather than the slapdash way it usually happens.

Seems to have a whiff of IGM about it ghis announcement

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Seems to have a whiff of IGM about it ghis announcement
    Thought that myself - promising if it is, as only getting fixture info late on has always been an issue.
    Sky will, inevitably, chop and change individual fixtures around from Thursday / Friday etc to throw a few spanners in the works, but definitely a move in the right direction
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Seems to have a whiff of IMG about it this announcement
    Yes it does. Anything that just feels like common sense just has IMG all over it.

A pre-announcement to let us know when we are going to know things. This avoids the same questions we get every off season, following by annoyance at the RFL for being disorganised and not communicating with the fans.

It is good that it is happening but a little sad that the RFL needed to hand over control to IMG because they were incapable from doing this themselves.

On a related note the RFL execs seem to be playing the victims at the moment. Some real cowardly messages coming out claiming they are being abused by the fans. As well as them claiming that people that don't like them, don't like the sport. I don't usually go onto Twitter but given how bad they have been, for them now to be deflecting is low even for them.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Yes it does. Anything that just feels like common sense just has IMG all over it.

A pre-announcement to let us know when we are going to know things. This avoids the same questions we get every off season, following by annoyance at the RFL for being disorganised and not communicating with the fans.

It is good that it is happening but a little sad that the RFL needed to hand over control to IMG because they were incapable from doing this themselves.

On a related note the RFL execs seem to be playing the victims at the moment. Some real cowardly messages coming out claiming they are being abused by the fans. As well as them claiming that people that don't like them, don't like the sport. I don't usually go onto Twitter but given how bad they have been, for them now to be deflecting is low even for them.
    Just to prove a point, the RFL have released the squad numbers but done the players in Alphabetical order. It is almost like they don't want people to talk about the team.

https://twitter.com/England_RL/statu...cv2L2SLHQ&s=19

New IMG recommendation to come...
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.