Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 in a row

In The West Stand

Just a fun fact for this morning, there are only 6 players in the team yesterday who played in the 2019 Grand final against Salford - Makinson, Percival, Lomax, Roby, Knowles, LMS. To have been so consistent whilst the team continues to be revamped and evolve is just incredible

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Just a fun fact for this morning, there are only 6 players in the team yesterday who played in the 2019 Grand final against Salford - Makinson, Percival, Lomax, Roby, Knowles, LMS. To have been so consistent whilst the team continues to be revamped and evolve is just incredible
    And, trivia lovers…..

3 players remain from the last time Leeds beat Saints in a Grand Final. Roby, Makinson and Lomax all played in 2011.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    And, trivia lovers…..

3 players remain from the last time Leeds beat Saints in a Grand Final. Roby, Makinson and Lomax all played in 2011.
    I thought Wilkin was really chuffed that we got that monkey off our back yesterday, think he was interviewing Makinson.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by singe View Post
    Haha. Who ruffled your feathers? Still smarting over the fact that a Saints fan had the cheek to have a different opinion to yours over Knowles - get over it.

Where did I bag Makinson? Re-read the post - then re-read all my other postings and you'll see nothing but positivity. I'll criticise any of our fans who behave in a pathetic behaviour - won't you? Looks like a following post was in full agreement anyway. Upsetting one of the forum clique doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Lol, part of a forum clique? Now I know for sure your not all there.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Lol, part of a forum clique? Now I know for sure your not all there.
    So, you criticise me without any foundation. You don't reply to any of the points raised and then post a reply adding nothing of value. You're the only one currently posting petty little primary school comments whereas everyone else is discussing one of the best nights in the clubs history. All because you misread/ misinterpreted a post of mine - time to move on, don't you think?

In The South Stand

I've had the inevitable debrief with the people at work. We're just lucky apparantly, Wigan were the best team this year again and we've just been lucky in avoiding them. Our current run doesn't count as we haven't faced anyone decent in the Grand Finals. Had Field been fit in 2020 we'd have lost and we only beat Catalans because of the referee. Wigan would have beaten us by 20-30 in the final too. None of them follow Rugby League anymore though because of Knowles being allowed to play and Makinson's lack of class. I've enjoyed this morning greatly, the pain is almost tangible.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I've had the inevitable debrief with the people at work. We're just lucky apparantly, Wigan were the best team this year again and we've just been lucky in avoiding them. Our current run doesn't count as we haven't faced anyone decent in the Grand Finals. Had Field been fit in 2020 we'd have lost and we only beat Catalans because of the referee. Wigan would have beaten us by 20-30 in the final too. None of them follow Rugby League anymore though because of Knowles being allowed to play and Makinson's lack of class. I've enjoyed this morning greatly, the pain is almost tangible.
    Lick the tears from their faces. Mmmm salty.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Over the last four years there are five teams with a win record over 50% in the League

St Helens, Wigan, Warrington, Catalans and Leeds

We’ve beaten 3 of them during this GF run plus the team with the next best record, Salford, so that’s definitely no a good argument from your colleagues there Saddened!

The best team. They finished 2nd

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    The best team. They finished 2nd
    Yeah but they beat us in a semi final which absolutely had nothing to do with a) losing Dodd and Lomaxs arm in the space of 7 days before the game (along with Hopoate and Bennison also being out) or b) us gifting them 3 tries in the first half.

Just troll them with comments equally as petty and absurd.
    ‘You lot fell apart once you lost your 30+ year old back rower. Field is a one trick Pony. You will be crap next year without Briers. You were lucky to win the cup. Huddersfield were the better team. We threw the loss to you last month just to hustle you. We smoked you lot at Easter when we were at full strength.’

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

This is brilliant. Thanks for reporting this back, it makes 4 in a row even sweeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Yeah but they beat us in a semi final which absolutely had nothing to do with a) losing Dodd and Lomaxs arm in the space of 7 days before the game (along with Hopoate and Bennison also being out) or b) us gifting them 3 tries in the first half.
    The best one I,ve had so far is that I was told that the LLS and also Superleague Trophy has very little value these days and it’s the Challenge Cup which is the top achievement.

So I hit back saying we won that one last year and mentioned everyone was calling this years as the “Best Team Lost Challenge Cup Final” and Smithies should have had 2 yellow cards. Still waiting for a reply.

Learning All The Songs

One, then it was Back To Back, the Three Peat, Four in a Row, now it`s Strive for Five.

It will be difficult next year Wigan will be better in the pack, Leeds with that squad should be more consistent, if Salford start like they finished we will all be in trouble and if Huddersfield can keep their spine fit they will upset a few.

and finally Warrington will have half their squad new and their fans will be hoping for one in a row!!

Got a feeling Catalans could drop off next year. 2021 was their window.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Got a feeling Catalans could drop off next year. 2021 was their window.
    I agree.

Tomkins is still the main man but I think his fitness is now coming into question. Pearce doesn't have the same impact as Maloney for them. A lot will rest on their pack, which seems to be having a complete revamp.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I agree.

Tomkins is still the main man but I think his fitness is now coming into question. Pearce doesn't have the same impact as Maloney for them. A lot will rest on their pack, which seems to be having a complete revamp.
    LMS and Knowles both get one match suspensions LMS for coming into contact with match official, presumably during the scuffle after the tip tackle. Will we appeal and blame the linesman for coming into contact with our player Hardly matters !

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    LMS and Knowles both get one match suspensions for coming into contact with match official, presumably during the scuffle after the tip tackle. Will we appeal and blame the linesman for coming into contact with our players! Hardly matters !
    Knowles isnt for that its for a ‘late’ hit sometime in the second half, wonder if he’ll get a call up to the Knights to serve his suspension like Bateman.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quite right, read it too quickly, it was Makinson who was cautioned for coming into contact with the linesman during the same incident, presumably LMS will have to sit the pre season friendly out, probably as well, he'll still be celebrating

In The South Stand

No issue with Knowles’. It looked late in real time. I noticed LMS made contact with the referee in some highlights I’ve seen of the scuffle after the Martin tackle on Lomax. A Leeds player tries to drag LMS out of the way and he puts his arms out to stay upright and grabs the ref. I don’t think he even knew too much about it, in all honesty.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Knowles isnt for that its for a ‘late’ hit sometime in the second half, wonder if he’ll get a call up to the Knights to serve his suspension like Bateman.
    That means they'' have to name at least three 13s

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    That means they'' have to name at least three 13s
    If Shaun Wane was asked to name 3 13s he'd probably say 39!

In The South Stand

Any Leeds players banned? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Any Leeds players banned? Just asking.
    No. Rhyse Martin no case to answer for tackle on Lomax. Not even a caution.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I’ve found the Leeds fans generally to have been very gracious in defeat, especially once they’d sobered up and watched it back. Living near Leeds a lot of mates are Rhinos fans and they all were jus thrilled to have made the final after the start they had and were happy to admit Saints are the far superior team. Wigan fans I don’t know any personally but the bitterness from them online has been very satisfying!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.