Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Roll on Next Season

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Default Roll on Next Season

When the angst of this weekend is over and whether it be celebrations or tears at least we can look forward to next season.

Surely we can't have another year like this re injuries, if we can keep our main 1 to 13 on the pitch there's not going to be anyone to get near us.

It will be great if we can keep the combo of Welsby, Dodd, Lomax running the show for most of the season,

If Percy, Makinson, Hurrell and Hopoate can stay injury free.

If Sironen, Matautia and Knowles can play each week.

Lees and Batchelor have both stepped up this year, I assume we'll still have Lussick now Roby is staying, and few young forwards pushing their way through.

Obviously I'm biased but when you look at it that's a fantastic squad, there's no other team in SL with anywhere near the depth of talent that we've got

All that is without a replacement for Grace or a new coach, no wonder Woolfe wanted to stay.

games this year seem to have been a lottery base on refs and refs decisions. If we get a fair crack of the whip this we should be ok but either way the future still looks good

In The South Stand

I watched the try of the year clips earlier and it was good to see Dodd in action earlier in the year. I really hope he makes a good recovery. He’ll make a difference.

In The South Stand

I don’t want to look beyond Saturday and would love to be looking back on Saturday with happy memories and not that Groundhog Day period that’s almost all merged into one horrible blur. That said, next year will be special. It’s the clubs 150th anniversary, we’re hopefully going to be in a traditional red v at home and sky blue and chocolate hoops away, whilst being led by St Helens born, Saints fan and Saints legend Paul Wellens whilst also taking in the closing stages of one of the best Saints players in the clubs history in James Roby.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Looking at the strength we have with a handful of class players out I have been thinking these last few days that if we have a better year with injuries we'll absolutely walk it next year

Starting A Programme Collection

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    I’ve thought this myself. Imagine if we had been blessed this year with limited injuries and bans .

I suspect next year , if we have half the adversity we will walk it .

It’s been one massive graft the lads must be ready for a break like never before .

Just one more game !

Learning All The Songs

We just need a fast winger to replace Regan and if he can kick goals would be a bonus?

In The South Stand

I think there's some unexpected news coming out from the club at the end of the season. Nothing particularly drastic, but some changes. I don't know any details but there will apparantly be coaching changes with a couple coming in from outside and one leaving with Woolf. And I've been told that we're looking hard at the NRL for players, which seems to support the rumours that we have someone from the existing squad departing.

In The South Stand

Plus we've likely got the potentially enormous impact of Wellens taking the reins. It'll be interesting to see if the style of our play changes. He's worked under a generic NRL coach in Bennett, a very much attacking based coach in Holbrook and a very defensive focused coach in Woolf. Which route will Wello go down or will he try to combine them all like some Power Rangers robot and come up with something remarkable.

But anyway, we've got a Grand Final to stress over, we can put this thread on the back burner until the fallout, good or bad, from the Grand Final is done.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I don’t want to look beyond Saturday and would love to be looking back on Saturday with happy memories and not that Groundhog Day period that’s almost all merged into one horrible blur. That said, next year will be special. It’s the clubs 150th anniversary, we’re hopefully going to be in a traditional red v at home and sky blue and chocolate hoops away, whilst being led by St Helens born, Saints fan and Saints legend Paul Wellens whilst also taking in the closing stages of one of the best Saints players in the clubs history in James Roby.
    Anymore sentiment you would have had me in tears. A reall special year for the club.