Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Leeds - GRAND FINAL!!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Do people still think we need a replacement for Grace? Jon Bennison absolutely outstanding. 19 years old and the calmest player on the pitch. As he has all season- did not put a foot wrong.
    Yip we need a fast winger

Learning All The Songs

I'd back Bennison for sure.
    I think he will be causing a headache for a fully fit team..
    Wingfield quietly becoming a brilliant addition aswell
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
    Massive ups to Curtis, a sensational performance
    Though him and Batch are different types of SR, on todays performance I think that the two of them have moved up a level on Mautautia

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Yip we need a fast winger
    Sometimes you have to sacrifice one aspect of a players ability and focus on what they do well. Look at wello. Slowest full back in the league for his entire career and yet the greatest fullback this club has had certainly in the modern era if not of all time. Bennison positions himself perfectly, is safe under the high bomb, returns the ball well and shares the work load. Let's get away from thinking you need a French or field in your team. What bennison lacks in pace( and he isn't a slouch by anymeans) he makes up for in every other department.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Though him and Batch are different types of SR, on todays performance I think that the two of them have moved up a level on Mautautia
    I think all our backrowers bring something different and because they are not a steretype player it causes problems for the opposition. Don't think we've seen the best of Sironen yet, it just hit him about 8 weeks ago what it really means to be in this team, seemed to be in awe of the saints supporters as well.

Just heard that they are retiring giant saints flag that they have before the game...just going to mow it into the Old Trafford pitch every week ready for next year's GF.
    As well as being chuffed, is anyone else relieved to get the Leeds monkey off our back?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think all our backrowers bring something different and because they are not a steretype player it causes problems for the opposition. Don't think we've seen the best of Sironen yet, it just hit him about 8 weeks ago what it really means to be in this team, seemed to be in awe of the saints supporters as well.
    Yes he looked very emotional at times post match. A few of them did. A side like Saints must put in so much work that you don’t see so it must be huge for them when it pays off.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes he looked very emotional at times post match. A few of them did. A side like Saints must put in so much work that you don’t see so it must be huge for them when it pays off.
    It's like siege mentality now .. take the fact that every other team/supporters dispise us for whatever reason now and just strive to stay ahead of the curve ( whatever it takes) there is no reason we can't do 5. I am SO PROUD of this squad.

Sensational from the whole squad. What an incredible privilege it is to support this club.

That felt different tonight , not just to win , that really felt much more more .

That team is incredible, whatever the scenario , they all back themselves .what an incredible achievement!

Lomax was world class tonight , but it’s a night for the club , the fans and for the rest of the league to accept , we are the greatest!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought he was OK, it was John Wells who came across and looked a bit miffed that Saints won, doesn't he look like the brother od Vladimir Putin.
    That's fair, I actually don't mind him as the host. John Wells is terrible though, from him clearly sulking when a team he doesn't like is winning

Got A Season Ticket

MoM for me:

1. Lomax
    2. Lees
    3. Bennison

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Think I have a big man crush on Curtis Sironen......wow

Got A Season Ticket

Where is the "Wigan envy meter" gone? Can it make a come back . Can someone one drag it back?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Alshep View Post
    It's like siege mentality now .. take the fact that every other team/supporters dispise us for whatever reason now and just strive to stay ahead of the curve ( whatever it takes) there is no reason we can't do 5. I am SO PROUD of this squad.
    Crazy thing is, I think the pressure is off now we've done 4 in a row and broken the record. We might be better next season as I think no one really expects us to do 5!

Johnny Lomax. What a player. That is all.

All that whinging and moaning about Knowles all week. All that rage spouted all over the Internet.

What did it achieve? Nothing.

I'm loving every minute of it.

4 on the bounce. Champions again.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Sometimes you have to sacrifice one aspect of a players ability and focus on what they do well. Look at wello. Slowest full back in the league for his entire career and yet the greatest fullback this club has had certainly in the modern era if not of all time. Bennison positions himself perfectly, is safe under the high bomb, returns the ball well and shares the work load. Let's get away from thinking you need a French or field in your team. What bennison lacks in pace( and he isn't a slouch by anymeans) he makes up for in every other department.
    No doubts Bennison is a terrific prospect . If he can bulk up a bit he will be a world-beater . Made up we won but I wish we would off load more . Wonder how long before we know who next coach will be.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    No doubts Bennison is a terrific prospect . If he can bulk up a bit he will be a world-beater . Made up we won but I wish we would off load more . Wonder how long before we know who next coach will be.
    Off load more ? We must of made over a dozen offloads tonight easily. In a grand final you don't want to be pushing to many offloads

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Off load more ? We must of made over a dozen offloads tonight easily. In a grand final you don't want to be pushing to many offloads
    Agree. Haven't seen the stats but winning this morning was the priority. Without knowing exact figures I thought our ball retention was outstanding and was what was required on the night. They played the game exactly as it needed to be played on the night.

His face was like a smacked arse. Suck it up John. Loser..

Learning All The Songs

Amazing performance to win after a season like we’ve just had with so many injuries and a crackpot disciplinary process. I hope they enjoy it and have a well deserved break.

Got A Season Ticket

Lomax ran the game from start to finish. A half back masterclass. It’s criminal that he’s not won more individual awards.

Big shout out to Curtis, Lees and Robes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    Crazy thing is, I think the pressure is off now we've done 4 in a row and broken the record. We might be better next season as I think no one really expects us to do 5!
    2019........................I peat
    2020.......................II peat
    2021.......................III peat
    2022.......................IV peat

5 would be really special to us, it would be the 2023 .............. V.... peat
    Last edited by STIDDY; 25th September 2022 at 08:27.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Justice was done last night. We are the best club in the league. Not just on the pitch, but from the players, to the management, down to everyone playing their part backstage. Injuries have crippled us all year yet we still finished top by 4 points. It would have been criminal had any other club won it. I’m so glad we’ve got the Leeds monkey off our back!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies