Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Knowles can play in the GF!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

What I will say is that it’s an absolute shame there seems more focus on this than our sports showpiece event. Especially media such as Sky and their pundits who even made a career from the sport. Do they not see the damage their hyperbole does to our game? Not just this but every week. They would rather spend the half time focussing on a clear forward pass for a try or some other event than any positives from the game.

It’s a disgrace and I really hope Channel 4 get more coverage for next year. While Sky has been important for our sport, I only see it holding us back now.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

I've never seen as much reactionary rubbish in all my life this week. Any club would appeal that ban even in mid-season, absolutely nothing in it and the original tribunal agreed yet somehow decided to uphold the ban.

We will hopefully look back on this as the turning point for this farcical disciplinary process.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    What I will say is that it’s an absolute shame there seems more focus on this than our sports showpiece event. Especially media such as Sky and their pundits who even made a career from the sport. Do they not see the damage their hyperbole does to our game? Not just this but every week. They would rather spend the half time focussing on a clear forward pass for a try or some other event than any positives from the game.

It’s a disgrace and I really hope Channel 4 get more coverage for next year. While Sky has been important for our sport, I only see it holding us back now.
    Mate, if it was any other club SKY wouldn’t make half the fuss but I’m betting it’s all they talk about throughout the 80 minutes tomorrow.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Mate, if it was any other club SKY wouldn’t make half the fuss but I’m betting it’s all they talk about throughout the 80 minutes tomorrow.
    If Knowles scores tomorrow , Carney and his merry band of bell ends will all collectively spaff their loads up the wall with excitement in being able to be the most upset/offended by it.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Once it's in people's heads Saints are cheats, MRP is corrupt, Rugby League is finished as a sport ...... you'll not change their minds so no point trying, just sigh and move on.
    Saints used every available legitimate tool in the box and massively increased their chances of a 4th GF Win on the bounce.
    Other Clubs should take note. Wonder what SKY commentary will make of it come Saturday..... I've a feeling it might get the odd mention.

Learning All The Songs

I hope all this fuss doesn't impact upon his performance tomorrow. We need him on top form( and on the field for 80 mins)

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    Once it's in people's heads Saints are cheats, MRP is corrupt, Rugby League is finished as a sport ...... you'll not change their minds so no point trying, just sigh and move on.
    Saints used every available legitimate tool in the box and massively increased their chances of a 4th GF Win on the bounce.
    Other Clubs should take note. Wonder what SKY commentary will make of it come Saturday..... I've a feeling it might get the odd mention.
    The very same people are the ones calling the RFL inept on almost every other issue, but suddenly it's corruption when Saints benefit from it. Laughable. Saints have done the whole game a favour if anything, shines a light on the abysmal disciplinary process which is surely now not considered fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    I hope all this fuss doesn't impact upon his performance tomorrow. We need him on top form( and on the field for 80 mins)
    He doesn't strike me as the kind of character who will be bothered by it.

2008 : Lee Smith dodges a four match ban for kicking a Wigan player in the head. Free to play in GF
    Saints fans : Silence, nothing, a shrug of the shoulders

2022 : Morgan Knowles dodges a two match ban for holding onto someone’s arm. Free to play in GF
    Leeds fans : “I’ve got a ticket but I’m not going now. If anyone wants it they can have it”
    “It’s absolutely the worst thing I have seen in my 35 years of watching the game”
    “The first thing we should do on Saturday is chicken wing Lomax’s arm right out of its socket. He’s out for the game and the worst they can give now is a penalty”

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    I've never seen as much reactionary rubbish in all my life this week. Any club would appeal that ban even in mid-season, absolutely nothing in it and the original tribunal agreed yet somehow decided to uphold the ban.

We will hopefully look back on this as the turning point for this farcical disciplinary process.

A lot of bother over something the ref and vr got right in the first place. Like you I hope it brings about some changes to rhe disciplinary process.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    The very same people are the ones calling the RFL inept on almost every other issue, but suddenly it's corruption when Saints benefit from it. Laughable. Saints have done the whole game a favour if anything, shines a light on the abysmal disciplinary process which is surely now not considered fit for purpose.
    If Salford won the game and Atkin got a 2 game ban for bending the arm of Welsby who dived to the floor in the same manner then these same people would accuse us of cheating to get a player banned and depriving the player of a grand final appearance. Salford overturning the decision would be seen as a fantastic result.

Learning All The Songs

Just read an article highlighting this petition

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-footb...911630-en-gb:0
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Learning All The Songs

Regardless of Knowles decision everyone should sign this
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

The judiciary have made a right muppet of themselves and deserve the scrutiny they're receiving. Knowles did not intentionally set out to injure a player, it was foul play. Despite looking at it 20 times from different angles and speeds, the ref decided it was a sin binning which was the right call. It was not a sending off offence. There would have been outrage if he'd have dished out the red card. So how the judiciary come up with a 2 game ban can only presumably imo come from an emotive judgement rather than a objective one. The outrage from pundits and fans should be directed at the judiciary making a terrible decision in the first place rather than Mike Rush's ability to make them u-turn which parochial folk end up calling corruption.

I hope Knowles scores a brace tomorrow.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Just read a Barrie McDermot article rueing the fact that this issue is detracting from the focus on the game and the 34 players taking the field and then proceeds to fuel the fire! ...... give me strength!!!

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Having seen the report people first need to realise this is not a rfl decision.

Once you have exhausted your appeals you can only go to an independent tribunal under specific criteria.

The independent tribunal chaired by a judge (not a rfl official) over turned the decision based on a very specific set of criteria.

Pretty much all systems allow for independent tribunals under limited criteria most chaired by a judge or law officer.