Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grand final predictions

Starting A Programme Collection

Bennison was super solid but I thought Lomax, Lees and Sironen were incredible. Hurrell was great too and...and...and...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Will Matty Peat do the honourable thing and give the "Coach of the Year" award to double trophy winner Kristian Woolf.

Defeated in the tunnel. Leeds did a Cas 2017 and never turned up.

Saints did a professional job in 2nd gear and 4 in a row.

The easiest of the 4 in my opinion. Never in doubt from the first minute.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Will Matty Peat do the honourable thing and give the "Coach of the Year" award to double trophy winner Kristian Woolf.
    Never lost a playoff game and never been coach of the year

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Its hard to believe what this team has achieved, champions for 4 straight years is something I never thought I'd see and when you consider how hard this year has been it is truly the biggest achievement in our history

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Yep. Brushed them aside.

Nice to get one back on them. Everyone hates us & it's brilliant

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

After 60yrs of watching Saints that's the most nervous I've been before a final

Normally if you lose a final, its disappointing but there's always next year, but the weight of getting four in a row was extra pressure.

Re my previous comment about Leeds, rxamples of good and bad yesterday
    We were in a mixed section near halfway, there was a Leeds family in front of us, we had a bit of pleasant banter before the game, chatted about previous finals at the we shook hands and joked "see you next year"

Then walking off some young Leeds fan took exception to my Saints shirt and deliberately bashed into me sort of his shoulder to my chest.. the daft sod...he was the same height as me about 6ft but only about 15yrs old so most probably weighs about 10 stone, well I'm about 16 stone plus, so he didn't make dent, I just called him a "silly boy",

Guess all clubs have their idiots

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Its hard to believe what this team has achieved, champions for 4 straight years is something I never thought I'd see and when you consider how hard this year has been it is truly the biggest achievement in our history

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
    Yes, I didn't think they would do it, but I'm pleased that I was wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Play for play, in the arm wrestle, we never looked threatened. We were too sharp and physical for them. I was a bit nervous at half time though. When we chose to kick a penalty goal instead of running it I thought it could haunt us like 2011 when we had Leeds in bits and Foster kicked the penalty that let them get air back in their lungs. When Leeming scored I was panicked because we deserved more than just a 6 point half time lead.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Play for play, in the arm wrestle, we never looked threatened. We were too sharp and physical for them. I was a bit nervous at half time though. When we chose to kick a penalty goal instead of running it I thought it could haunt us like 2011 when we had Leeds in bits and Foster kicked the penalty that let them get air back in their lungs. When Leeming scored I was panicked because we deserved more than just a 6 point half time lead.
    They just kept themselves in it with the try on half time. Had they not got that they were no where near us. We defended plenty of sets on our line though, we earned the win no mistake.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

We were in total control throughout the game. We were making so many yards and inroads into Leeds half. We were too quick and physical for them and I never felt we were going to lose that game. It was a masterclass of a performance. Both Leeds tries were good tries, they had to really earn them which tells you how good pur defence was. They did well to hang in Leeds I thought, but we always had them at arms length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Thought we deserved to be at least 12 points difference going in at half time. I don't think Leeds were smart enough to slow the game down, for me the speed of the PTB's were decent, Wigoons would have flopped on in the tackle a lot more, in a way that quicker PTB put us into our high intensity stride.

Turning point was that we scored first in the second half and from a fan point of view that gaves us confidence that the cushion would give us the chance to win the game. Our scrambling defence was fantastic and it caused Leeds to lose patience and composure.

For Leeds Hardaker and Martin had excellent games on the other side of the coin Austin was a grub twisting the ankle of Lomax and reckless high tackles on Bennison, the Martin spear tackle could have been more serious only for Lomax putting his arm out onto the floor. Hope the disciplinary pick up on those, for us I only rember one high tackle that would get looked at.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    They just kept themselves in it with the try on half time. Had they not got that they were no where near us. We defended plenty of sets on our line though, we earned the win no mistake.
    Yeh mate that’s right. Leeds had injuries too and I don’t want to be a sore winner but if Dodd played last night with us playing like we were before Easter I think we win by 30. We are in another league to Leeds.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought we deserved to be at least 12 points difference going in at half time. I don't think Leeds were smart enough to slow the game down, for me the speed of the PTB's were decent, Wigoons would have flopped on in the tackle a lot more, in a way that quicker PTB put us into our high intensity stride.

Turning point was that we scored first in the second half and from a fan point of view that gaves us confidence that the cushion would give us the chance to win the game. Our scrambling defence was fantastic and it caused Leeds to lose patience and composure.

For Leeds Hardaker and Martin had excellent games on the other side of the coin Austin was a grub twisting the ankle of Lomax and reckless high tackles on Bennison, the Martin spear tackle could have been more serious only for Lomax putting his arm out onto the floor. Hope the disciplinary pick up on those, for us I only rember one high tackle that would get looked at.
    TBH i did expect yellow, was surprised.

Also was Myler up to his tricks? Not sure but after one 2nd half tackle, thought I heard ref say "stop whipping your head back" or some such thing?