Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knowles.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I can’t see us going a forward light on the bench personally.
    Hopoate
    Makinson Hurrell Mata’utia Percival
    Welsby Lomax
    Paasi Roby Lees
    Sironen Batchelor
    Bell

Lussick Bennison LMS Wingfield

May work. As has pointed out when Lussick comes on, Roby goes to 13 to rest Bell, and Sironen and Batchelor are 80 minute players. Our biggest risk in the team is Hopoate breaking down and carrying Bennison on the bench mitigates that.

Who else would add more of a contribution to the team? Royle? Davies?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Hopoate
    Makinson Hurrell Mata’utia Percival
    Welsby Lomax
    Paasi Roby Lees
    Sironen Batchelor
    Bell

Lussick Bennison LMS Wingfield

May work. As has pointed out when Lussick comes on, Roby goes to 13 to rest Bell, and Sironen and Batchelor are 80 minute players. Our biggest risk in the team is Hopoate breaking down and carrying Bennison on the bench mitigates that.

Who else would add more of a contribution to the team? Royle? Davies?
    And if 1-7 stay fit, Bennison doesn't get on and we play with 16. It's just not how I would go personally and I would be surprised if Woolf does.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    And if 1-7 stay fit, Bennison doesn't get on and we play with 16. It's just not how I would go personally and I would be surprised if Woolf does.
    Which is a fair challenge. But I just don't see who else we need on the bench who can contribute more. If Norman was fit, he might of been worth a 15-20 minute stint (and we have seen Woolf go with 3 props plenty of times), but short of taking Baxter/Delaney I dont think we can do that, and it seems harsh to just throw one of them in to a GF at this point!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Which is a fair challenge. But I just don't see who else we need on the bench who can contribute more. If Norman was fit, he might of been worth a 15-20 minute stint (and we have seen Woolf go with 3 props plenty of times), but short of taking Baxter/Delaney I dont think we can do that, and it seems harsh to just throw one of them in to a GF at this point!
    I think Matautia will come off the bench personally as can make a difference and add impact. He also provides covers in the backs (but isn't limited to that role like Bennison would be).

If Hopoate is fit.....

Hopoate, Makinson, Hurrell, Percival, Bennison, Welsby, Lomax, Paasi, Roby, Lees, Batchelor, Sironen, Bell
    Lussick, MAtautia, Wingfield, LMS

If he isn't then everything stays the same as last week bar Bell coming in for Knowles and then Davies or Royle on the bench. (Neither of which are ideal I know)
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Am I the only person who would rather start with Bennison than Hopoate given his lack of game time?

I’d start with Hopoate, he’s clearly the better player. Worth the risk

Young Bennison is a decent player though, if he gets the nod he won’t let us down

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Am I the only person who would rather start with Bennison than Hopoate given his lack of game time?
    Bennison on the wing Percival into his best position at centre with Hopoate at full back and Matautia in the pack with Knowles missing. When Hopoate gets injured then Bennison full back, Percival wing and Matautia goes to centre. If Hopoate can last 60 mins would be happy with that if he only last 10 mins it might be a tight much closer game.

In The South Stand

Default Knowles.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Bennison on the wing Percival into his best position at centre with Hopoate at full back and Matautia in the pack with Knowles missing. When Hopoate gets injured then Bennison full back, Percival wing and Matautia goes to centre. If Hopoate can last 60 mins would be happy with that if he only last 10 mins it might be a tight much closer game.
    Agreed - I think we would be absolutely nuts not to take this approach.

A lot riding on Hopoate being fit. Would love him to come back and play a key role after the difficulties he’s had (and associated nonsense from some sections of our fans).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

If Knowles is available and Hopoate is fit we do have a dilemma.

I'd want Bennison in there somewhere just in case Hopoate can't manage the full game but that would mean someone misses out, most likely Bell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

I forgot to post my team, assuming Knowles doesn't get his ban over turned and Hopoate is fit. I think you just play Hopoate at centre and move Matautia into the pack. I guess the original plan was to put in Hopoate for Bennison but the suspension and Bennos great performance in the semi has probably changed that...

Bennison
    Makinson Hurrell Hopoate Percival
    Welsby Lomax
    Paasi Roby Lees
    Sironen Mata’utia
    Batchelor

Lussick Bell LMS Wingfield
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I forgot to post my team, assuming Knowles doesn't get his ban over turned and Hopoate is fit. I think you just play Hopoate at centre and move Matautia into the pack. I guess the original plan was to put in Hopoate for Bennison but the suspension and Bennos great performance in the semi has probably changed that...

Bennison
    Makinson Hurrell Hopoate Percival
    Welsby Lomax
    Paasi Roby Lees
    Sironen Mata’utia
    Batchelor

Lussick Bell LMS Wingfield
    If Hopoate is fit we need his smarts from FB. He can make things happen in a way Bennison can’t (just yet).

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    If Hopoate is fit we need his smarts from FB. He can make things happen in a way Bennison can’t (just yet).

Definitely, although we need a plan B in case Hopoate isn't able to finish the game.

Starting A Programme Collection

What’s the betting he doesn’t do a full game..?????

What about Lussick to hooker. Robes to loose forward, keep Bell on the bench.
    I bought a pack of luminous condoms last week. The wife's face lit up.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_h View Post
    What about Lussick to hooker. Robes to loose forward, keep Bell on the bench.
    Or keep Robes in the 9 where he is best and Lussick to 13 with Bell as impact

Got A Season Ticket

Knowles appeal dismissed but doesn’t seem to have incurred any additional matches

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    Knowles appeal dismissed but doesn’t seem to have incurred any additional matches

Its rumoured the RFL have selected Bateman into the England Knights squad to reduce his effective match bans, wonder if they will do the same with Knowles to remove the 2nd match ban.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its rumoured the RFL have selected Bateman into the England Knights squad to reduce his effective match bans, wonder if they will do the same with Knowles to remove the 2nd match ban.
    They have a friendly so don’t have to - Knowles will be available for the first game of the WC. Bateman will serve his suspension with the friendly, the Knights game and the Fiji game and being available for the 2nd WC game

Got A Season Ticket

They have a friendly so don’t have to - Knowles will be available for the first game of the WC. Bateman will serve his suspension with the friendly, the Knights game and the Fiji game and being available for the 2nd WC game
    So let me get my head around this
    Player 1 twists someone’s arm a bit 2match ban
    Player 2 directly contacts a players head with his shoulder and knock’s him clean out and gets one game more what an absolute kin joke this panel is then they bend their own rules and include him in a squad he would have been no where near at any other time, totally corrupt
    How can you pick someone who is banned and the same goes for Knowles too

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    So let me get my head around this
    Player 1 twists someone’s arm a bit 2match ban
    Player 2 directly contacts a players head with his shoulder and knock’s him clean out and gets one game more what an absolute kin joke this panel is then they bend their own rules and include him in a squad he would have been no where near at any other time, totally corrupt
    How can you pick someone who is banned and the same goes for Knowles too
    Sione got a 3 match ban for tickling Danny Levi’s collar when he was playing dead. I doubt it even tore a thread in his jersey. Bateman knocks someone clean out, ends their chances of playing in the biggest game of the year using a stiff arm across the jaw line when the ball is long gone… also 3 games. But as the RFL say, it’s all about player welfare and protecting against concussion caused by unnecessary, reckless contact …

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Sione got a 3 match ban for tickling Danny Levi’s collar when he was playing dead. I doubt it even tore a thread in his jersey. Bateman knocks someone clean out, ends their chances of playing in the biggest game of the year using a stiff arm across the jaw line when the ball is long gone… also 3 games. But as the RFL say, it’s all about player welfare and protecting against concussion caused by unnecessary, reckless contact …
    I'm fast getting to the point that I'm considering sctively switching off from the sport I love.
    The disciplinary this year has gone above and beyond ridiculous and bending their own rules for Bateman is the last straw.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdleyboy View Post
    I'm fast getting to the point that I'm considering sctively switching off from the sport I love.
    The disciplinary this year has gone above and beyond ridiculous and bending their own rules for Bateman is the last straw.
    He’s basically got zero punishment for knocking out an opponent and depriving him from the biggest game of the year/his career so much for player welfare truly takes the ••••

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    He’s basically got zero punishment for knocking out an opponent and depriving him from the biggest game of the year/his career so much for player welfare truly takes the ••••
    That's exactly right,the whole player welfare narrative has gone out of the window. They need to punish reckless high shots more severely with added punishment for repeat offenders.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    That's exactly right,the whole player welfare narrative has gone out of the window. They need to punish reckless high shots more severely with added punishment for repeat offenders.
    The RFL don’t give a flying •••c about player welfare all they are bothered about is covering their own backsides from legal action in the future in fact it should be know as Rugby Legal from next season

Starting A Programme Collection

That’s the decision we have come to. No more rugby for us lot.. got together and all decided that was it.. No grand final, deff won’t be any we’re near rugby next season.. so many are making this there last year Good luck saints but to much corruption gone on this year , plus now the Bateman fiasco, don’t need it..