Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final 2022 - Saints V Leeds

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Just watched the Woolf interview and he said Norman and Simm have a chance of coming back into the team alongside Hopoate. If Norman can come back in I would be very tempted to go

Hopoate
    Makinson Hurrell Mata'utia Percival
    Welsby Lomax
    Paasi Roby Lees
    Sironen Batchelor
    Wingfield

Lussick Bell LMS Norman
    Norman and Simm are both on the very unlikely side of making it so I wouldn't expect them to play. Hopoate though is in full training.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Of course I could be wrong but maybe an off season with our strength and fitness coaches will make him fitter for next season because there’s a player under those bandages, without a doubt…..
    You mean like before this season? He had a full
    off season with the same coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...eason-25065933

confirmed no double games next season, 27 rounds with looped fixtures returning.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post

confirmed no double games next season, 27 rounds with looped fixtures returning.
    Is it still a top 6 play off?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post

Loop fixtures have never gone away - I don't understand this part of the article.

I just hope SL have the foresight to spread games over the Easter weekend

In The South Stand

Whatever, it’s just more of the same but us fans are expected to be thankful we don’t have an Easter weekend double round, again.

Is it any wonder why the last third of the year is an absolute car crash in the weekly rounds when we’re pushing blokes through 27 meaningless weeks?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Is it still a top 6 play off?
    3 weeks for the playoffs infers top 5 or top 6

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    3 weeks for the playoffs infers top 5 or top 6
    I think the top 5 system was 4 weeks, so it’ll be top 6, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    You mean like before this season? He had a full
    off season with the same coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn’t come here with injuries as far as I know, but he’s had them over this season without a doubt.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think the top 5 system was 4 weeks, so it’ll be top 6, I guess.
    The only other way you could get 2 weeks from the play offs and make it fairer would be Top 4.

W1
    1 v 2, winner to GF
    3 v 4, loser eliminated

W2
    Loser of 1 v 2 v winner of 3 v 4

That for me would tick the boxes, make the 27 rounds better as the bar is set higher and places more emphasis on consistency, would give the teams finishing 1st and 2nd two lives befitting their league position, etc.

But we know it's still going to be Top 6. The clubs support it, we continue to shape our game around the 'excitement' of who will make 6th as opposed to who will finish 1st, and I think if anything it'll get larger and more diluted if we move back to 14. As I've done this season I will pick and choose the games I go to as most of them are now the equivalent of watching F1 qualifying, where the cars in 5th or 6th have several punctures and barely deserve a second look, then suddenly one of them finds itself in the lead on Grand Prix day despite having loads of mechanical faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    The only other way you could get 2 weeks from the play offs and make it fairer would be Top 4.

W1
    1 v 2, winner to GF
    3 v 4, loser eliminated

W2

That for me would tick the boxes, make the 27 rounds better as the bar is set higher and places more emphasis on consistency, would give the teams finishing 1st and 2nd two lives befitting their league position, etc.

But we know it's still going to be Top 6. The clubs support it, we continue to shape our game around the 'excitement' of who will make 6th as opposed to who will finish 1st, and I think if anything it'll get larger and more diluted if we move back to 14. As I've done this season I will pick and choose the games I go to as most of them are now the equivalent of watching F1 qualifying, where the cars in 5th or 6th have several punctures and barely deserve a second look, then suddenly one of them finds itself in the lead on Grand Prix day despite having loads of mechanical faults.
    Yeah, that would work better than the current system. I personally think the top 5 is the best system we’ve had by miles.

Noooobie

Seen hurrell in town yesterday and he looked in a bad way…. He could hardly walk I just hope that’s just muscle tiredness from the weekend, he didn’t come off with any sort of injury and Woolf didn’t say nothing when asked how players was after the game but when I did see him my first thought was he’s not walking like he’s gonna be involved in much training this week, if I wasn’t just passing on the bus I’d of asked will he be ok for Saturday

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Championsagain View Post
    Seen hurrell in town yesterday and he looked in a bad way…. He could hardly walk I just hope that’s just muscle tiredness from the weekend, he didn’t come off with any sort of injury and Woolf didn’t say nothing when asked how players was after the game but when I did see him my first thought was he’s not walking like he’s gonna be involved in much training this week, if I wasn’t just passing on the bus I’d of asked will he be ok for Saturday
    Must take a little while to recover physically from such a brutal encounter in fairness, especially for someone over 30.

Although I'd expect him to be mostly recovered by Tuesday. If he's still looking like that today then I'd be worried!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Poysaint View Post
    Must take a little while to recover physically from such a brutal encounter in fairness, especially for someone over 30.

Although I'd expect him to be mostly recovered by Tuesday. If he's still looking like that today then I'd be worried!
    Liam Moore the referee for Saturday,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Liam Moore best ref out of the lot imo. Can see Thaler screwing us on any 50/50 calls that go upstairs though.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yeah, that would work better than the current system. I personally think the top 5 is the best system we’ve had by miles.
    I think Im the only person who doesn’t like the top 5 system. If you finish top and win in week 2 of the play offs you go into the final having played only one game over past 4 weeks coming up against a more battle hardened team. Ive never been keen on that.
    I like the top 6 format just think it’s better suited to a 14 team division though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I think Im the only person who doesn’t like the top 5 system. If you finish top and win in week 2 of the play offs you go into the final having played only one game over past 4 weeks coming up against a more battle hardened team. Ive never been keen on that.
    I like the top 6 format just think it’s better suited to a 14 team division though.

That way at least you’d have two weeks out to arrange the friendlies to get our bans over with and an extra week recovery for HIA and muscle injury whilst the other finalists risks losing players to suspensions and concussions for 11 days plus any minor niggle injuries ruling them out.

Lottery either way.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That way at least you’d have two weeks out to arrange the friendlies to get our bans over with and an extra week recovery for HIA and muscle injury whilst the other finalists risks losing players to suspensions and concussions for 11 days plus any minor niggle injuries ruling them out.

Lottery either way.
    Yeh good point. With the recent concussion protocols i suppose the 2 week break is a bonus.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

W1
    1 v 2, winner to GF
    3 v 4, loser eliminated

W2

I would take that over a top 6 any day.

In The South Stand

I always liked that there was a second go at it for first and second, which was more of a reward than getting a home game, as we get now. I don’t like that we’re lauding Leeds and Salford as having had superb seasons by winning barely half of their games when all you really need to do to scrape the play-offs is put a run together in the last ten games of the season. That’s why I’d go for four teams.

Week One
    1 v 2 (winner through to the final)
    3 v 4 (loser goes out)

Week Two
    Loser of 1v2 v winner of 3v4

Week Three
    Winner of 1v2 in Week One v Winner of Week Two’s game

In The South Stand

W1
    1 v 2, winner to GF
    3 v 4, loser eliminated

W2

I didn’t read this before posting. I’d definitely go with four teams with this format.

Got A Season Ticket

Must have really got a good glimpse as you passed on the bus!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Must have really got a good glimpse as you passed on the bus!
    Yeah I passed on a bus mate not a motorbike!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Yeah I passed on a bus mate not a motorbike!!!
    I mean what 5 second glimpse to determine he couldn't walk properly. Was he in a wheelchair

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    I mean what 5 second glimpse to determine he couldn't walk properly. Was he in a wheelchair
    How long does it take you to see if someone isn’t walking properly?? Take a while register for you does it?