Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: When is the Disciplinary panel meeting?

In The West Stand

Genuinely thought someone had hacked the RFL Twitter page when I first saw it. Astounding work by the club

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Saints going about their business in a nice quiet professional manner.
    Great news for Morgan - one of the hardest working players in the team who deserves to play on the big stage on Saturday.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Can’t wait for Mike Rush’s book.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Oh this is absolutely glorious. Social media has gone into complete meltdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Good. As I said it was never a ban, never dangerous, it’s a restraint / wrestling hold to slow the play the ball down. Atkin hit by top tier sniper and the club knew they had good grounds to appeal . Justice has been served .

In The South Stand

Shocked and surprised. I’d heard this, this afternoon but didn’t think it was legit, I had it down as one of those social media rumours. I don’t know how we’ve got away with it, for me, he was bang to rights and deserving of a ban based on the stupidity, if not the action itself.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Just waiting for Knowles to get the Harry Sunderland now …

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Shocked and surprised. I’d heard this, this afternoon but didn’t think it was legit, I had it down as one of those social media rumours. I don’t know how we’ve got away with it, for me, he was bang to rights and deserving of a ban based on the stupidity, if not the action itself.
    It wasn’t a ban though, take Atkins swan dive out of your mind it was never a ban.

Got A Season Ticket

Hilarious. Fair play to our legal team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    It wasn’t a ban though, take Atkins swan dive out of your mind it was never a ban.
    I was of the opinion it was. Knowles had hold of his arm as he retreated from one side of Atkin’s body to the other. The reaction of Atkin may have been extreme but the act itself was stupid and worthy of a punishment.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I was of the opinion it was. Knowles had hold of his arm as he retreated from one side of Atkin’s body to the other. The reaction of Atkin may have been extreme but the act itself was stupid and worthy of a punishment.
    It was stupid and also punished, Knowles spent ten in the bin and we conceded six points. I think it was fair in relation to the incident, it was never two matches.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    It was stupid and also punished, Knowles spent ten in the bin and we conceded six points. I think it was fair in relation to the incident, it was never two matches.
    I think you got it right, anyone thinking that was two games as probably never played the game.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Atkin should get the two match ban for faking injury.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    “Attacking” players joints and “unnatural positions” has been a ban (as wel as punishment on the day) for a little while now. I can’t say that I agree with the RFL’s decision to reduce the ban and I wouldn’t be happy had it been a Leeds player going from two to free to play within twenty four hours of the appeal.

How we’ve got away with that, I don’t know. I’m glad we have but The RFL and the disciplinary process need binning immediately.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

“Attacking” players joints and “unnatural positions” has been a ban (as wel as punishment on the day) for a little while now. I can’t say that I agree with the RFL’s decision to reduce the ban and I wouldn’t be happy had it been a Leeds player going from two to free to play within twenty four hours of the appeal.

How we’ve got away with that, I don’t know. I’m glad we have but The RFL and the disciplinary process need binning immediately.
    This is what the RFL have said "Tonight’s tribunal accepted that while there was some twisting to apply pressure to the limb of an opposing player, this did not exceed the normal range of movement and therefore could not have posed an ‘unacceptable risk of injury’."

Full minutes out tomorrow.

However what saints have argued and your photo shows it is that it's quite normal for the arm to go there, I'm sure everyone can put their arm in that position.

I mentioned the other day - it's not a typical chicken wing - where pressure is put on the joint

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    This is what the RFL have said "Tonight’s tribunal accepted that while there was some twisting to apply pressure to the limb of an opposing player, this did not exceed the normal range of movement and therefore could not have posed an ‘unacceptable risk of injury’."

Full minutes out tomorrow.

However what saints have argued and your photo shows it is that it's quite normal for the arm to go there, I'm sure everyone can put their arm in that position.

I mentioned the other day - it's not a typical chicken wing - where pressure is put on the joint
    In fairness, still images can be used to support both arguments. The minutes will be interesting. I’d like to see yesterday’s too.

Got A Season Ticket

I put my own arm further up my back when I'm bloody scratching it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I think that image supports my perspective more than yours to be fair. I do agree about the disciplinary process needing a complete overhaul, I feel the refs this season have been more consistent than the disciplinary.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Look daft thing for Knowles to do, was trying to prevent quick ptb, was it worth 2 matches? Course it wasn't..
    Saints appealed, failed. Clearly the rules allow another appeal and they must've brought fresh evidence or argument and won.
    Can't blame Saints! Show me another Club who wouldn't have done the same.
    At least the MRP had the guts to admit they'd made a mistake.
    Just wondering who's arm we had to twist to get the decision over the line? Tee hee