Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When is the Disciplinary panel meeting?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Can anybody tell me what Roby was cautioned for??
    Being too good...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Knowles 2 games. Welsby fine.

Shocking as I thought Harry’s mate at SKY was a cast iron source.
    Knowles only has himself to blame.Stupid action on his part

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

He’s banned as the Salford player threw himself to the floor the second he felt it to force the refs hand. He doesn’t fall to the floor it’s never mentioned again.
    It happens in almost every tackle but usually on the ground when players are looking to slow the play the ball down by grabbing wrists and pulling in a downward motion.
    I agree with the club and have from the moment I saw it, it’s never a ban. It’s a poor tackle technique that ALL clubs use to slow the player from using his other arm to play the ball quick allowing the defensive line to get into place. Knowles chose to do it standing up, camera directly behind him and opposing playing throwing himself to the floor like a sniper had took him out. It’s a restraining technique brought into rugby. I would imagine the RFL are more than aware of this and have factored this into the 2 games rather than 1 aware an appeal would be incoming with a really good standing behind it. Saints will have hours of footage of this technique being used all season unpunished, we are not soft. I’m actually quite confident it will be completely overturned.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Suspensions carry over into the world cup. So he'll miss the friendly plus the first game against Samoa if it's deemed frivolous. Seems a no brainer to me.
    Think it’s daft, personally. It was a stupid and dangerous act, thankfully he just held the arm and there was no twisting or pulling motion from Knowles as he’d be banned for far longer. It is a clear ban and a couple of games for a Grade B sits fine with me.

Realistically, we’re not going to get an appeal to go from two games to free to play, are we? Knowles out for an utterly pointless England friendly as the second game is absolutely fine with me and I’d rather we didn’t risk a frivolous appeal, as we can and should use appeals for attempts we can actually gain something from. Just feels a waste of time and effort this week.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    He’s banned as the Salford player threw himself to the floor the second he felt it to force the refs hand. He doesn’t fall to the floor it’s never mentioned again.
    It happens in almost every tackle but usually on the ground when players are looking to slow the play the ball down by grabbing wrists and pulling in a downward motion.
    I agree with the club and have from the moment I saw it, it’s never a ban. It’s a poor tackle technique that ALL clubs use to slow the player from using his other arm to play the ball quick allowing the defensive line to get into place. Knowles chose to do it standing up, camera directly behind him and opposing playing throwing himself to the floor like a sniper had took him out. It’s a restraining technique brought into rugby. I would imagine the RFL are more than aware of this and have factored this into the 2 games rather than 1 aware an appeal would be incoming with a really good standing behind it. Saints will have hours of footage of this technique being used all season unpunished, we are not soft. I’m actually quite confident it will be completely overturned.

And a completely unpunished (almost identical) twist of the arm in the Wigan/Leeds game too…. On SKY and every single angle available
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    And a completely unpunished (almost identical) twist of the arm in the Wigan/Leeds game too…. On SKY and every single angle available
    Again, this happens in most tackles. Wrestle mania took over our sport decades ago. Neither are bans, nor are they in the NRL otherwise we’d be issuing 5 to 6 bans every game.
    Our bans have been dished out for late contact and high tackles etc. risking head injuries and concussion. The Knowles ban has been treated harshly in comparison to others from across the league for similar matters.

why have we got a separate thread for morgan knowles ban? can we not merge both together?

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2018 View Post
    A pal who works for Sky tells me Welsby and Knowles will be suspended for Saturday, everyone else is ok
    Thanks for this Clark Kent. Next time you get a scoop, let us know!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't see why Welsby got charged with a Grade A, the panel minutes saying careless rather than reckless, opponent dips on impact. Surely that means Atkin was careless and made the situation worse.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Agree with everything but the last sentence, I think they will turn two into one which does nothing for us.

Got A Season Ticket

I believe Knowles is the first ever player to be suspended for a Grand final ?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    I can’t remember what for but I remember Lee Smith should have been suspended for one of the finals against Leeds and the dickhead got away with it and got MoM. Fumin

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2018 View Post
    A pal who works for Sky tells me Welsby and Knowles will be suspended for Saturday, everyone else is ok
    Not as well informed as he thinks your mate is he?

Got A Season Ticket

When was the last player to get a 2 game ban overturned to 0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    When was the last player to get a 2 game ban overturned to 0?

Morgan Knowles, September 2022

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not as well informed as he thinks your mate is he?
    I think it must be the same one who wanted the penalty try given to Salford

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Zak Hardaker (admittedly for different reasons)?

Learning All The Songs

Woolf's comments about being flabbergasted if Knowles got banned might not have helped.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Woolf's comments about being flabbergasted if Knowles got banned might not have helped.
    If i was Woolf I would pack up and think about going back to OZ fairly pronto after that Knowles decision.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Think it’s daft, personally. It was a stupid and dangerous act, thankfully he just held the arm and there was no twisting or pulling motion from Knowles as he’d be banned for far longer. It is a clear ban and a couple of games for a Grade B sits fine with me.

Realistically, we’re not going to get an appeal to go from two games to free to play, are we? Knowles out for an utterly pointless England friendly as the second game is absolutely fine with me and I’d rather we didn’t risk a frivolous appeal, as we can and should use appeals for attempts we can actually gain something from. Just feels a waste of time and effort this week.
    Depends. You either appeal the guilt or you appeal the grading. If the club have a stack of examples of similar which either haven't resulted in charges or got cautions then it's worth appealing.

Earlier in the season Woolf was publicly in favour of the disciplinary crack down (before everybody's complaints made them more lenient) even when our players were getting bans so I'd be surprised if they were just doing it for giggles.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Morgan Knowles, September 2022
    Haha. If we get this overturned Rushy and our legal team deserve a pay rise.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    Haha. If we get this overturned Rushy and our legal team deserve a pay rise.

They’re more than paid enough believe me. Knowles will have his ban overturned, it’s a Grade A careless by keeping hold, player makes the most of it, minimal exertion to the opposing player who’s body turns whilst being pulled counteracting the movement more so. He will receive a warning and maybe a fine, no ban. See you Saturday.

Learning All The Songs

Funny how they missed the tackle by Salford which also saw Ackers injured.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I would rather him be banned and Bell come in. Would be like the Joynt VT all over again.
    In my opinion Bell is an outstanding replacement. Disappointing for Knowles and they have probably deliberately made it two games so that any appeal can be reduced to one and he'll still miss the final. Probably deserved a ban though IMHO.

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by singe View Post
    In my opinion Bell is an outstanding replacement. Disappointing for Knowles and they have probably deliberately made it two games so that any appeal can be reduced to one and he'll still miss the final. Probably deserved a ban though IMHO.
    Hopoate back to centre - Matautia to back row - Bennison remains at full back
    “With great power comes great responsibility”