Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 2023 Scholars

Got A Season Ticket

Default 2023 Scholars

Anybody get the names of the young lads announced ?

Been waiting to see the new intake.

Got A Season Ticket

Was it the kids introduced at HT? I couldn't hear them called out. Another thing, Wigans kids had shirt n ties on and looked smart and professional when they was introduced, ours had trackie tops and mixed shorts and looked rag tag by comparison. Only a little thing but it sets standards.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Was it the kids introduced at HT? I couldn't hear them called out. Another thing, Wigans kids had shirt n ties on and looked smart and professional when they was introduced, ours had trackie tops and mixed shorts and looked rag tag by comparison. Only a little thing but it sets standards.
    It was the scholars.

Wigans lads was the academy intake

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post

FFS - today was a brilliant demonstration of our club. The new lads celebrated. The academy players given status with the first team, and the families on the pitch. & a class send of for Paulo.

Just celebrate what a culture we have.

Learning All The Songs

I could hear the names being announced as I walked Mrs Maghullsaint's assistance dog round the outside of the stadium at half time

Noooobie

Saints have really nailed the recruitment for this age group. They snapped up the two best players in the league if not the country early on. Best prospect is Jack Campbell who is the son of former Referee and Warrington player Chris Campbell. Lad plays full back and has no real weaknesses in his game. He's absolutely electric with the ball in hand, solid under the high ball and has great tackling technique. Also a really good goal kicker. I've seen him destroy teams single handed. Other one is Leon (can't remember his last name) from Woolston Rovers. He's big, fast, strong and good with his hands. Can see him making an outstanding 13 or 6 depending on how he develops physically. Saints have also signed Nathan Percival who is Mark Percivals Nephew. He's a really strong ball carrier who puts in massive shots.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddington End View Post
    Saints have really nailed the recruitment for this age group. They snapped up the two best players in the league if not the country early on. Best prospect is Jack Campbell who is the son of former Referee and Warrington player Chris Campbell. Lad plays full back and has no real weaknesses in his game. He's absolutely electric with the ball in hand, solid under the high ball and has great tackling technique. Also a really good goal kicker. I've seen him destroy teams single handed. Other one is Leon (can't remember his last name) from Woolston Rovers. He's big, fast, strong and good with his hands. Can see him making an outstanding 13 or 6 depending on how he develops physically. Saints have also signed Nathan Percival who is Mark Percivals Nephew. He's a really strong ball carrier who puts in massive shots.
    Cheers for that info, always take an interest in the progress of the young talent coming through, ones to watch out for next season.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    FFS - today was a brilliant demonstration of our club. The new lads celebrated. The academy players given status with the first team, and the families on the pitch. & a class send of for Paulo.

Just celebrate what a culture we have.
    No idea what you're on pal...nowhere did I disrespect the lads. I just explained the difference in how the lads was announced. Good times for the future.

Got A Season Ticket

As a side note, did I miss it or was there no goodbye for Kyle Amor?

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

I'm sure Chris Campbell is the son of former referee Dave Campbell who played on the wing for Saints in the 70's

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

He is and Chris also had a go at refereeing like his Dad.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Got A Season Ticket

Cheers mate. Been looking for some news like this. Much appreciated

Got A Season Ticket

Think the Woolston player might be Leon Johnson

Got A Season Ticket

Now listed on Saints website.

Seems we have signed Matagi (Cas prop) son from Siddal. We dont often dip into the yorkshire talent pool.

Good luck to them all

Got A Season Ticket

Also the centre signed from Batley team Birkstall victoria looks huge

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WmS71gV4M

Siddal are the U14 national champs and yorkshire champs at this level. Matagi is on this video. Nice watch. The other centre from birstall Knox, beat Siddal to the league.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Think the Woolston player might be Leon Johnson
    Yes it is. He's been the other stand out in this age group for years other than Jack Cambell.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    He is and Chris also had a go at refereeing like his Dad.
    Yes he is. David watches most of Jacks games and is great fella. Helps out some of the junior refs some times

Noooobie

Also the centre signed from Batley team Birkstall victoria looks huge
    Yeah, he used to play for Saddleworth in NWC, but they collapsed due to their coach being a total bellend (his son has signed for Warrington i believe). IMHO there are better players than him in this age group who haven't got picked up yet, he's big and fast but in what i've seen of him he doesn't offer much else and seems to go missing when he gets smashed a few times.

Got A Season Ticket

Yeah, he used to play for Saddleworth in NWC, but they collapsed due to their coach being a total bellend (his son has signed for Warrington i believe). IMHO there are better players than him in this age group who haven't got picked up yet, he's big and fast but in what i've seen of him he doesn't offer much else and seems to go missing when he gets smashed a few times.

How come Halton hornets have two teams ?

I see Percival plays for Galton greens and Campbell Halton Reds ?

Halton Reds a division below but seem the better team.having just reached the Lancashire final Vs Brook.

You'd think they'd put the better players in one team.and use the other as like reserves ?

Noooobie

How come Halton hornets have two teams ?

I see Percival plays for Galton greens and Campbell Halton Reds ?

Halton Reds a division below but seem the better team.having just reached the Lancashire final Vs Brook.

You'd think they'd put the better players in one team.and use the other as like reserves ?

Its all very complicated and due to school history, politics and parents/coaches and unfortunately it seems that common sense does not prevail at the Hornets and they will not create a "super" team that would potentially challenge for all the honours. Jack Campbell used to play for the Greens, but left at the end of last season, he's the main reason the Greens where always the stronger of the two teams along with Percival and a couple of other really good lads who are on the radar of a few clubs.

Got A Season Ticket

Its all very complicated and due to school history, politics and parents/coaches and unfortunately it seems that common sense does not prevail at the Hornets and they will not create a "super" team that would potentially challenge for all the honours. Jack Campbell used to play for the Greens, but left at the end of last season, he's the main reason the Greens where always the stronger of the two teams along with Percival and a couple of other really good lads who are on the radar of a few clubs.
    Sorry but it’s not really a ‘common sense’ issue. You can’t just simply merge the teams or cherry pick the best ones and place them in one team use the other team as a reserve team. Some of the boys have been together since they were newbies and when they will have originally split it would have been mostly chance whether you were in Green or Reds. As teams are only allowed three transfers per season and each player moving from greens to reds or vice versa counts as a full transfer you can’t simply mix and match. There are also strict rules in place which state that any attempts to create a super team will not be sanctioned, the league simply wouldn’t allow it.

In The South Stand

Now listed on Saints website.

Seems we have signed Matagi (Cas prop) son from Siddal. We dont often dip into the yorkshire talent pool.

Good luck to them all
    He was the young lad doing the haka for Paulo then I take it? I wondered who he was.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    He was the young lad doing the haka for Paulo then I take it? I wondered who he was.
    Yeah that's him.

Top try scorer in the Yorkshire league

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
    Sorry but it’s not really a ‘common sense’ issue. You can’t just simply merge the teams or cherry pick the best ones and place them in one team use the other team as a reserve team. Some of the boys have been together since they were newbies and when they will have originally split it would have been mostly chance whether you were in Green or Reds. As teams are only allowed three transfers per season and each player moving from greens to reds or vice versa counts as a full transfer you can’t simply mix and match. There are also strict rules in place which state that any attempts to create a super team will not be sanctioned, the league simply wouldn’t allow it.
    I think you'll find its been going on at other clubs as long as i've been involved in Junior Rugby League (over 35 years), the league do have certain rules to prevent it but, it doesn't stop it happening. From U13's there is no issue with players selecting which club they want to play for and NWCRL can't stop it. It only takes 2 seasons to move the all best players from one team to another. IMHO having seen it done very well in junior football it is the best outcome as you end up with lads all playing at their right level, rather than being carried by or dragging down their team mates. Their are kids who want to try and make a career of it playing alongside kids who are playing because their parents want them to.