Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary findings

Noooobie

Another wigan player let-off....Oliver Partington who was sinbinned in the loss to Hull KR.

The Disciplinary Match Review Panel’s minutes state that the Wigan forward ‘Caused a melee’ and that “Player runs and confronts opponent but does not throw punches.”

Partington was also later cited for ‘Contact off the ball’: “Player obstructs opponent without the ball.”

That being said, no further action was taken on both accounts by the Match Review Panel

Absolutely ridiculous now, not even trying to hide certain teams leniency anymore.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdleyboy View Post
    Another wigan player let-off....Oliver Partington who was sinbinned in the loss to Hull KR.

The Disciplinary Match Review Panel’s minutes state that the Wigan forward ‘Caused a melee’ and that “Player runs and confronts opponent but does not throw punches.”

Partington was also later cited for ‘Contact off the ball’: “Player obstructs opponent without the ball.”

That being said, no further action was taken on both accounts by the Match Review Panel

Absolutely ridiculous now, not even trying to hide certain teams leniency anymore.
    And only one Catalans player cited, I saw at least three incidents in that game, and one of them should have been a card at the time

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

I don't think there is any great conspiracy against Saints. However, using the Wigan v Saints game compare the high tackle by Smith on Lees as he is stopped short in about the 5th minute, and compare it with the Sironnen tackle. Very little difference in my opinion. Yet 1 is banned the other isn't even cited. Bearing in mind there is a member of the disciplinary panel whose only job is to look for incidents to put forward to the rest of the panel. That's only 1 example, but it is examples like this, of which there have been plenty of others, which build the foundation of the conspiracy theory. Some of the explanations given by the panel don't help matters either. Who on here or on any other board apart from Leeds thought Myler threw his legs up to try to escape from the tackle of Hill.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Starting A Programme Collection

Speaking of conspiracy I’ve noticed that the last 5 rounds as seen only 3 or 4 tackles by Warrington players looked at by the MRP. Now I know they can’t have made many tackles judging by their league position, but only 3 or 4 looked at in 400 minutes of rugby all with the same result. NFA. Just saying.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Speaking of conspiracy I’ve noticed that the last 5 rounds as seen only 3 or 4 tackles by Warrington players looked at by the MRP. Now I know they can’t have made many tackles judging by their league position, but only 3 or 4 looked at in 400 minutes of rugby all with the same result. NFA. Just saying.
    Its called the "Paul Cullen effect" activates at lower limits.

Be interesting to see what happens with Batemans head tackle and French tip tackle, which didn't look to bad, but has attracted a ban in the past.

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Be interesting to see what happens with Batemans head tackle and French tip tackle, which didn't look to bad, but has attracted a ban in the past.
    I’ll expect nothing from this. If Cust’s tip tackle the week before got nothing I don’t think this was anything worse

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    There is no way they’ll ban Bevan French. The man of steel, poster boy of the league and plays for the cherry and sh**e.
    Joking aside though, neither warrant any disciplinary action.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    There is no way they’ll ban Bevan French. The man of steel, poster boy of the league and plays for the cherry and sh**e.
    Warranting disciplinary action hasn’t always been the deciding factor with disciplinary action this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Based on others this year, yes they do. Batemans tackle as bad as Knowles and Siro in last Derby, could argue the tip tackle has been an auto ban all bar one game this year too - Litten getting hit with a grade c for one recently

Undoubtedly though there will be no action

Got A Season Ticket

No Saints bans https://rugby-league.com/article/608...h-review-panel from this weekend's game

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    No Saints bans https://rugby-league.com/article/608...h-review-panel from this weekend's game

Never really looked at the descriptions on there before but thought the mention for Morgan Smithies was amusing... 'Player keeps head in tight, but does not head butt the opponent.'

Jeez, I'm presuming that must be on there every week.

Learning All The Songs

they've slipped up badly! We will probably cop for at least 1 ban for the GF( if we qualify)

Learning All The Songs

Leeds' hopes have taken a big blow with Martin's ban

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    I've not seen the incident but I'd expect them to appeal. His goal kicking could be the difference for them.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Leeds didn't have any hopes to start with. Here's hoping they beat Catalans and Hudds beat Salford so we can play Leeds at home.

The punishment for Martin’s tackle is excessive in my opinion.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    I've not seen the incident but I'd expect them to appeal. His goal kicking could be the difference for them.
    It’s an absolute joke. The disciplinary process is a shambles it really is.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Never really looked at the descriptions on there before but thought the mention for Morgan Smithies was amusing... 'Player keeps head in tight, but does not head butt the opponent.'

Jeez, I'm presuming that must be on there every week.
    Yes I noticed that about his rutting stag 'technique'

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It’s an absolute joke. The disciplinary process is a shambles it really is.
    Just watched the tackle. Talk about a nothing tackle, players missing play-off games for that is an absolute disgrace.

Learning All The Songs

Ridiculous that's a ban and some other tackles we've seen in recent weeks haven't been.

If due justice is brought into play he will win an appeal.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Yes I noticed that about his rutting stag 'technique'

He is one horrible member of the Odet family. All niggle, the type of player you wonder why someone doesn’t just return the favour to him. Seems to get away with it every week.

In relation to Smithies ,if the member of the panel who viewed the incident thought it enough to bring before the whole panel for decision, how come this has never happened before, it's something he has done all season. Perhaps it highlights that one member of the panel is more diligent than the rest. Without an incident being brought to the panel then no-one is cited and gets a charge. Perhaps we've been unlucky and got this member all season up until now.

Noooobie

https://twitter.com/leedsrhinos/stat...03469437665282

Rhyse Martin has had his appeal for a Grade A charge rejected and will miss Friday’s play off game in Perpignan. In addition, he has been given another game ban for a frivolous challenge to the original charge