Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary findings

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Disciplinary findings

Morgan Knowles 1 match ban

In The South Stand

Definitely feels like they have to ban one of ours every week now. Another presumably incredibly minor incident, given no one has mentioned it at all.

In The West Stand

13 bans yet sin binned Mago crusher tackle was “inconclusive”. I have continued to quote Haylons Law to describe the disciplinary process, but it’s getting harder and harder

Learning All The Songs

13 players have copped for bans this week. RFL just love devaluing the game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Its like a 3 section revolving door with the RFL playing roulette, with Sironen, Matautia and Knowles always on the match ban list. Will we ever see them play together for more than 2 games on the trot.

Learning All The Songs

Jack walker should have got an Oscar. One minute he was wobbling all over the place, but apparently not enough to go off for a head injury assessment next he was in at the corner

Learning All The Songs

Mago was sin binned in their game but no ban yet Knowles gets banned despite no bin at the time.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Mago was sin binned in their game but no ban yet Knowles gets banned despite no bin at the time.
    I haven't seen the Mago incident but just because someone's been sinbinned doesn't mean they get a ban. Likewise just because the referee only gives a penalty doesn't mean it isn't a ban.

Hull KR - already struggling with a load of injuries - have received bans for Parcell and Ethan Ryan.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Hull KR - already struggling with a load of injuries - have received bans for Parcell and Ethan Ryan.
    Parcell is a big loss for them, he's been playing well

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I haven't seen the Mago incident but just because someone's been sinbinned doesn't mean they get a ban. Likewise just because the referee only gives a penalty doesn't mean it isn't a ban.
    if a Saints player gets binned, its an automatic ban - or so it seems.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    if a Saints player gets binned, its an automatic ban - or so it seems.
    Welsby didn't get banned after getting sin binned. Twice.

Got A Season Ticket

Nice of the RFL to rotate our back row for us so they’re fresh for the play offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    Nice of the RFL to rotate our back row for us so they’re fresh for the play offs.

Joe Batch must be getting frustrated, what he keeps getting right to avoid a ban. Sironen needs to have a word with him.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Welsby didn't get banned after getting sin binned. Twice.
    Seem to recollect that the binnings were for an offence that didn't carry a ban.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Our final league game against Toulouse we should play a complete reserve team.If we don’t we risk getting players banned for play off simi and final for nothing incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Our final league game against Toulouse we should play a complete reserve team.If we don’t we risk getting players banned for play off simi and final for nothing incidents.
    You probably find once we get to the play offs there will be more tolerance shown for minor offences. I assume any 3 match bans inherited from the semi final or final carries over into the World Cup games for those involved, so maybe this is we’re tolerance comes in.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 15th August 2022 at 19:44.

They must do a good brekkie at the RFL Disciplinary panel, every chuffer wants to be there most weeks.

The game is turning in to an absolute farce with no common sense applied at all - get a grip RFL!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Seem to recollect that the binnings were for an offence that didn't carry a ban.
    Precisely the point

In The West Stand

Precisely the point
    But a crusher tackle is a bannable offence, which is exactly what Mago was sin binned for so I don’t know what point you’re driving at? From the reports I’ve seen, the Mago offence is comparable to Powell on Good Friday yet one got a 6 game ban and one got “insufficient evidence”

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I’d go the other way. Play a reserve team against Wakefield on the Monday and full team against Toulouse.

Don’t forget, we get a week off first round of the play offs. Need to make sure we’re not under cooked.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    I’d go the other way. Play a reserve team against Wakefield on the Monday and full team against Toulouse.

Don’t forget, we get a week off first round of the play offs. Need to make sure we’re not under cooked.

Id go somewhere in the middle for the last game and not pick those liable to a ban, the last thing we need is a ban coming from the Toulouse game, the RFL would use anything as an excuse to ban a player or 2 of ours and there are some that are clearly on their radar.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    But a crusher tackle is a bannable offence, which is exactly what Mago was sin binned for so I don’t know what point you’re driving at? From the reports I’ve seen, the Mago offence is comparable to Powell on Good Friday yet one got a 6 game ban and one got “insufficient evidence”
    The post I replied to said that every Saints sin bin is automatically a ban. The point I'm driving at is that it isn't. That's tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense.

Like I said, I haven't seen the Mago incident. But a crusher tackle is only a bannable offence if the disciplinary deem it a crusher tackle, regardless of whether or not the referee thought it was a crusher at the time. A sin bin is irrelevant in deciding guilt at the disciplinary.

It's quite possible that as it wasn't on Sky the video angle is rubbish and they can't confirm it was a crusher hence he gets off. That isn't a conspiracy or one rule for Saints players and one for Wigan players like the poster I quoted was suggesting.

In The West Stand

The post I replied to said that every Saints sin bin is automatically a ban. The point I'm driving at is that it isn't. That's tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense.

Like I said, I haven't seen the Mago incident. But a crusher tackle is only a bannable offence if the disciplinary deem it a crusher tackle, regardless of whether or not the referee thought it was a crusher at the time. A sin bin is irrelevant in deciding guilt at the disciplinary.

It's quite possible that as it wasn't on Sky the video angle is rubbish and they can't confirm it was a crusher hence he gets off. That isn't a conspiracy or one rule for Saints players and one for Wigan players like the poster I quoted was suggesting.
    As I said originally I try to apply Haylons Law (never explain behaviour with malicious intent when incompetence suffices) to all of these things, but what you just said is a very big problem. An offence being treated differently whether it’s on Sky or not shouldn’t ever come into consideration. If we don’t have all angles at all games, we shouldn’t be using sky footage.

Got A Season Ticket Two Sugars Strong's Avatar

Jake Connor, 22 minute, deliberate elbow into Davies' head. Causes the cut, Jake shits himself and starts rolling around on the floor, then gets up and runs off whilst Davies is still getting his head bandaged. Davies didn't cause a fuss, no theatrics....
    That's the Saints way...