Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lms

Learning All The Songs

Default Lms

Would you give Louie 1 more year????????

The way he's playing deffo for me.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Simply for his side step yesterday, get him signed up for another season

In The West Stand

It’s a difficult one and sort of depends on the rest of our recruitment. If Roby is staying and Bennison is given the 5 shirt, then getting another international class prop is where I would invest Graces money (assuming we’re able to get one). If we’re able to find a quality replacement for Grace, LMS going around again, with the expectation Wingfield is going to be his replacement (as he seems to have overtaken Norman) would be a good continuation.

He seems to have a good partnership with Paasi and definitely not playing like it’s his last year though.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    It’s a difficult one and sort of depends on the rest of our recruitment. If Roby is staying and Bennison is given the 5 shirt, then getting another international class prop is where I would invest Graces money (assuming we’re able to get one). If we’re able to find a quality replacement for Grace, LMS going around again, with the expectation Wingfield is going to be his replacement (as he seems to have overtaken Norman) would be a good continuation.

He seems to have a good partnership with Paasi and definitely not playing like it’s his last year though.
    That's exactly the problem,with all our non fed spots taken then any prop or any other signing for that matter needs to come from home and there are not a lot available.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

McKenzie Buckley and Delaney won’t be quite ready to step up for next season but we have Wingfield who seems to have bulked up this season.

Really it should be Norman to take over LMS but we do like a couple of fast athletic mobile props and LMS is still effective.

Starting A Programme Collection

The only change next season will be a left winger, be he from this country or abroad. If the latter then one of the quota would be let go.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    McKenzie Buckley and Delaney won’t be quite ready to step up for next season but we have Winfield who seems to have bulked up this season.

Really it should be Norman to take over LMS but we do like a couple of fast athletic mobile props and LMS is still effective.
    There does look to be a decent player in Norman,but we only gave him a 1 year extension,not sure if this is cap issues or the coaching team want him to really push on and earn a longer deal. As you say LMS is effective and his enthusiasm certainly rubs off on the rest of the team,he is still fit and is worth another year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

A real pity if Wingfield has overtaken Norman. It's not often we get someone with Norman's physique that wants to play professional RL.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    A real pity if Wingfield has overtaken Norman. It's not often we get someone with Norman's physique that wants to play professional RL.
    Not sure why it’s a pity? Wingfield has put in some really promising performances this season and if he can capitalise on his potential it’s the next one off the production line.

On topic, LMS says he wants another year
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...elens-24762429

In The South Stand

Not sure why it’s a pity? Wingfield has put in some really promising performances this season and if he can capitalise on his potential it’s the next one off the production line.

Give LMS another year, he's earned it and does not yet seem injury prone. He gives 100% and fires up the team with attitude. As for that sidestep, whoa!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'd give him another year.

He's very rarely injured, he's a good player to come off the bench, he's a big character in the changing room and he won't be commanding a huge salary. Norman and Wingfield will still get chances and develop with him there so its a no brainer for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

I think Belgian likes to see Norman get the chance to use his size he's not the finished article yet, at 6'-5" and just under 18 stone he can be a real asset. Wingfield for me could replace Matautia in the second row later.

Learning All The Songs

LMS has been playing really well since the day Holbrook joined us, he deserves another season.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think Belgian likes to see Norman get the chance to use his size he's not the finished article yet, at 6'-5" and just under 18 stone he can be a real asset. Wingfield for me could replace Matautia in the second row later.
    He doesn't realise how big he is and doesn't run his weight. If he could get over that he could be devastating.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Simply for his side step yesterday, get him signed up for another season
    From the highlights, you could be forgiven for thinking LMS was picked at 6 yesterday for Saints. Hull really poor again.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I probably didn't word it correctly. I meant it more a pity that someone with Norman's size hasn't (up to now) fulfilled his potential, whereas Wingfield who despite his bulking up doesn't have the physique of Norman.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I probably didn't word it correctly. I meant it more a pity that someone with Norman's size hasn't (up to now) fulfilled his potential, whereas Wingfield who despite his bulking up doesn't have the physique of Norman.
    I don't necessarily think it's a matter of Wingfield or Norman, the former has decent hands and can run in the channels providing a point of difference off the bench with LMS and Paasi the 'true' middles.

These project players and younger forwards have been brought through well in the past and Norman is no different. I'd say he's on a similar trajectory to Batchelor in terms of age and number of performances when he broke through, took a couple of years development for Batch but he made himself a fixture in the third year. I'd happily keep LMS around for another year to hopefully help facilitate Norman's break through.

Got A Season Ticket Two Sugars Strong's Avatar

Dan's scored 4 tries in 10 appearances in SL this year so far. Not bad stats. I agree that if he believed a little more that he could bust through tackles, he'd be up there with Batch's 8.
    That's the Saints way...

In The South Stand

There’s not a massive amount off contract this year that looks realistic or up to the standard to replace him, so I’d give him another year and look at replacements for 2024 onwards. We may need two if Paasi goes home at the end of next year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    He doesn't realise how big he is and doesn't run his weight. If he could get over that he could be devastating.
    This. He goes down far too easily for a man of his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    This. He goes down far too easily for a man of his size.
    Think that was more reflective of last season, seems to be a lot better this season. However still needs to show a lot more agression, Greenwood was similar when at Saints, for me give Norman another year could be a late developer like Walmsley and Batchelor.

Learning All The Songs

He wants one more year he wants one more year
    Just like the last one
    He wants one more year
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

I think that the problem with Dan Norman is that, due to his size, we all automatically assume he is the next Alex Walmsley. Like it it not, I don’t think that anyone in our lifetime will compare with AW, he is a once on a generation player, Could probably be compared to Robes in the way he has changed the function of his position and adopted it to his advantages and strengths. We’ll be talking to our grandchildren about him 20 years from now. Dan Norman has to find his strengths and work them to his advantage if he wants to progress.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    I think that the problem with Dan Norman is that, due to his size, we all automatically assume he is the next Alex Walmsley. Like it it not, I don’t think that anyone in our lifetime will compare with AW, he is a once on a generation player, Could probably be compared to Robes in the way he has changed the function of his position and adopted it to his advantages and strengths. We’ll be talking to our grandchildren about him 20 years from now. Dan Norman has to find his strengths and work them to his advantage if he wants to progress.
    He hasn’t looked out of place when he’s played for us. Time on his side as well, still only 24. A lot of props only hit their peak in their late 20’s so if he keeps improving he could end up being a very important player for us. Walmsley is 32 so we need a succession plan, he’s that important for us. I’m not suggesting Norman will fill that alone but as Lees (24) should only get better, between them they could make a dominant front row pairing.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

You have hit the nail on the head!