Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Murphy

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    All that is likely to mean is that we contribute cap space and cash to pay for his recovery and then he eithe a) isn't the same player and stays or b) is the same player and leaves anyway.

It's a sahme we don't have any outside backs that are generating a buzz in the Academy at the moment - before Grace came through there was a big buzz around both him and Calvin Wellington, we seem more blessed in the pack and halves at every level currently.
    I suppose there’s a degree of sentiment in that part of my post that mentions Regan. I don’t tend to think in businesslike terms but I was excited when Regan broke into the first team and have felt a similar level of excitement Lewis Murphy.

My out and out preference would be to go after Murphy but I know that would mean a fee and I also know that players make their own choices. It may all be pie in the sky but I hope the club have at least considered an approach.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Chris Smith had the likes of Paul Newlove and Kevin Iro next to him didn't he? I don't think we can drop too far in terms of quality as they'll likely be playing next to Ben Davies for most of the season if Hopoate stays and Percy doesn't have any better luck, which would then leave us exposed on one side.

I might try to kidnapp Dom Young and convince him that Australia is horrible.
    Game has changed a lot since then, wingers will run the ball up a lot more and the half backs and full back often cut out the centres to get on the edger edge quickly. We have to stay positive that Percival and Hopoate get more game time next season.

Learning All The Songs

Dear Mr Rush

Can you sign Lewis Murphy Please then you will sell lots of season tickets.

Thanks lots of love from the Saints fans

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Dear Mr Rush

Can you sign Lewis Murphy Please then you will sell lots of season tickets.

Thanks lots of love from the Saints fans
    Should we start a whip round?

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Should we start a whip round?
    Money isn’t the issue.

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    Money isn’t the issue.
    What do you see as the issue? I’m sure money is part of the issue

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    What do you see as the issue? I’m sure money is part of the issue
    If money is the issue then we take a punt on Tea Ritson for me. Really good feet, speed and a great step. Fix up and work on his defence in a full time environment he’d be worth a risk.if money isn’t the issue spend the dinner plate money on Lewis Murphy, he looks the real deal: completely wasted at Wakefield

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    If money is the issue then we take a punt on Tea Ritson for me. Really good feet, speed and a great step. Fix up and work on his defence in a full time environment he’d be worth a risk.if money isn’t the issue spend the dinner plate money on Lewis Murphy, he looks the real deal: completely wasted at Wakefield
    I do not know where you get the idea his defence isn't good, his defensive record is actually above the average winger. Jumps very high for his size, one on one track back is very good and he is pretty good under the high ball being a very good fullback in his previous early clubs.

Got A Season Ticket

Another one I'd have is Matty Ashton

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon Doe View Post
    I do not know where you get the idea his defence isn't good, his defensive record is actually above the average winger. Jumps very high for his size, one on one track back is very good and he is pretty good under the high ball being a very good fullback in his previous early clubs.
    I never said his defence wasn’t very good though did I? I said to work on fixing it up in a full time environment. Correct me if I’m wrong but the lad has played all his career in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier of rugby league and he’s not almost 27 years old. Defending on the wings in Super League is nothing like defending on the wing in the aforementioned tiers of rugby league.

Lewis Murphy has shown at this level he can already do this adequately.

Got A Season Ticket

I never said his defence wasn’t very good though did I? I said to work on fixing it up in a full time environment. Correct me if I’m wrong but the lad has played all his career in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier of rugby league and he’s not almost 27 years old. Defending on the wings in Super League is nothing like defending on the wing in the aforementioned tiers of rugby league.

Lewis Murphy has shown at this level he can already do this adequately.
    Ritson went through Salfords U16s youth Scholarship system and also played for a while for Widnes Academy UI9s when the were a SL club, he then played for the Cumbria Storm full time pro Academy and signed for Workington in the Championship at just turned 18 years old, signed by St Legend Phil Vievers.

Ritson went through Salfords U16s youth Scholarship system and also played for a while for Widnes Academy UI9s when the were a SL club, he then played for the Cumbria Storm full time pro Academy and signed for Workington in the Championship at just turned 18 years old, signed by St Legend Phil Vievers.
    That’s all good stuff mate, as I said though he’s never been tested playing in super league.

Got A Season Ticket

That’s all good stuff mate, as I said though he’s never been tested playing in super league.
    I've news for you mate, neither were most SL players who moved up, including several St's Players, Kyle Amor to name one of your own, or Ade Gardener, from Barrow team. Bullock, Donaldson, Mcnally, I could go on for a long time.

In The West Stand

I've news for you mate, neither were most SL players who moved up, including several St's Players, Kyle Amor to name one of your own, or Ade Gardener, from Barrow team. Bullock, Donaldson, Mcnally, I could go on for a long time.
    And I’m struggling to think of any of them whom went into the squad as first choice straight off the bat, as we would be asking Ritson to do.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    And I’m struggling to think of any of them whom went into the squad as first choice straight off the bat, as we would be asking Ritson to do.
    After full preseason and friendlies, probably, all players are human not supermen and many Academy players have debuts don't they? This player is far ahead of any 21yr old academy player so are many others who have previously stepped up. Stop thinking SL players are super human because its their long term environment. Look at Olpherts? I'd say Scouts and Coach's see more than fans do

In The West Stand

After full preseason and friendlies, probably, all players are human not supermen and many Academy players have debuts don't they? This player is far ahead of any 21yr old academy player so are many others who have previously stepped up. Stop thinking SL players are super human because its their long term environment. Look at Olpherts? I'd say Scouts and Coach's see more than fans do
    Again not many academy players make their debut with the 5 shirt on their backs.

Academy kids, championship players stepping up need to be drip fed into super league games and we don’t have that luxury with the winger we need for next season.

It’s not “thinking SL players are super human” it’s acknowledging that the sport is faster stronger harder in the SL and it naturally takes players time to adjust to that. We saw it with Walmsley, Bentley, Batchelor etc it takes time. That’s not saying he’s not capable of it, I’m just saying given are our requirements are for someone to immediately step in, he’s not right for us at the momen.

Learning All The Songs

Ritson isn't good enough for a starting spot at Saints and I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we signed him.

Ade Gardner for one never went straight into the first team. Kyle Amor played 79 games for Wakey in Super League before we signed him. Again, Tea Ritson looks decent in the championship but is unproven at SL level. Signing him to play straight off the bat is a risk.
    You seem to like the player and know a bit about him which is great, I’m just being realistic pal.

Got A Season Ticket

Ade Gardner for one never went straight into the first team. Kyle Amor played 79 games for Wakey in Super League before we signed him. Again, Tea Ritson looks decent in the championship but is unproven at SL level. Signing him to play straight off the bat is a risk.
    You seem to like the player and know a bit about him which is great, I’m just being realistic pal.
    I'm Cumbrian and a Rugby fan, I know quite a lot about many local Cumbria players, not only in SL. I understand why some chose semi professional as teens, working and playing can pay more than just being full time and getting an apprentiship in other professions for life after rugby etc. There are several reasons why SL capable players don't make the step up, there are quite a few out there. You aren't just being realistic you are making an assumption, you are being judgemental.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I know wing is a priority but we don't need to rush into it with silly money. The club needs to assess if Hopoate has longevity and will put his injuries behind him for next season. Some on here know that Percival has been doing a lot of sprint training and has come up with some impressive speed times.

With that in mind we could go:

1. Welsby

2 Percival
    3. Hopoate
    4. Hurrell
    5. Makinson

6 Lomax
    7. Dodd

With Davies, Bennison, Archer, Sambou and Hill to cover.
    And waste reputedly the best center in super league on the wing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Wouldn't be a permanent move in that position, as I mentioned don't need to rush getting a winger on silly money or a panic buy. At the moment we don't have confidence that both Percival and Hopoate would last a long sequence of games. 'You do a lot more carries and tackles at centre we need to we need to look after Percival, hopefully he will get to his best as per season 2021.

Starting A Programme Collection

I agree crazy idea!

Learning All The Songs

who has become very injury prone in recent seasons.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Ritson isn't good enough for a starting spot at Saints and I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we signed him.
    Why do people keep going on about Ritson ? Woolf was asked directly about him in the interview a few weeks back and he said they're looking for a new winger and had been speaking to several players, but Ritson definately wasn't one of them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    who has become very injury prone in recent seasons.
    No he hasn't, go and look at his game stats.
    Over the last few years he's been averaging around 24 games a season.

He had several injury ravaged years in his early career, then managed a good few years relatively injury free, had a bad season for injuries a few years ago, and then been relatively injury free again until May this year.