Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Lewis Murphy

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    This debate is going round in circles really.

We all know we need a new winger. Saints will also know this and are actively looking but they won't just sign for the sake of it.

I'd rather us stick Hopoate or Bennison there than sign an average player like Matty Russell.
    You're right, the debate is going round in circles.

But just on the example you've given... in my opinion Matty Russell is a better winger that Hopoate or Bennison. That's how I'd be looking at it. He's not the best winger in SL or a long term option by any means, but he'd be an addition to the first team squad on perhaps a 1 year deal at a time of limited options.

That's if Lewis Murphy is not interested in joining the club as said on here and Saints don't want to explore putting Hopoate and/or Bell on the market. Thus making a quota player out of the question as well.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Everyone agrees that the lack of a winger is a major problem but what’s the solution?

The best is possibly Mansour for one year and then see who is available after that. He’s basically another Makinson so will do a job

Other than that it’s slim pickings out there

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Everyone agrees that the lack of a winger is a major problem but what’s the solution?

The best is possibly Mansour for one year and then see who is available after that. He’s basically another Makinson so will do a job

Other than that it’s slim pickings out there
    In the reserves we have Martyn and Gilford who are wingers. Are they any good, could they step up yet? No point signing any winger just for the sake of it. Bennison is also a slim possibility, but I can’t see anyone else coming through from our home grown talent this season

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    You're right, the debate is going round in circles.

But just on the example you've given... in my opinion Matty Russell is a better winger that Hopoate or Bennison. That's how I'd be looking at it. He's not the best winger in SL or a long term option by any means, but he'd be an addition to the first team squad on perhaps a 1 year deal at a time of limited options.

That's if Lewis Murphy is not interested in joining the club as said on here and Saints don't want to explore putting Hopoate and/or Bell on the market. Thus making a quota player out of the question as well.
    Matty Russell would an acceptable 12 month deal similar to Hurrell to prove himself. Could be a better player in a much better team like Saints with a disciplined structure. His kick returns have always been the best part of his game, think he was in the top 3 for wingers on tackle busts and has does plenty of offloads. Weakness probably defence and errors but that can be fixed or improved on.

Learning All The Songs

We can put to bed the wish of signing Lewis he's another player going to the NRL to play for the Roosters.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    We can put to bed the wish of signing Lewis he's another player going to the NRL to play for the Roosters.
    cant compete with the Roosters wages. end of.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    cant compete with the Roosters wages. end of.
    No problem with any player leaving IF there contract is up?