Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Castleford

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    So we’ve called Royle back and he’s not even on the bench. Matautia back next week too. If and when Percival returns it seems a strange decision to recall him unless they know that Percival is out for a while in which case Matautia will stay centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I assume we recalled Royle when we assumed Sironens injury was far worse than it was. If I remember correctly the rules say that HKR can reloan Royle as he was on loan over the signings deadline this year, so could go back when Mata’utia returns/ we have more clarity on Percival returning?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Against Salford . Bennison looked like a schoolboy & Hurrell looked like his grandad .
    Neither Benn. or Davies look effective . Reckon we need a top class NRL winger to
    replace Regan . Benn. is too lightweight
    No way is a top class NRL winger coming to SL. Think you need to manage your expectations quite a bit

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I wonder which Walmsley will play today. Strong runs Walmsley or hands on hips after 5 minutes Walmsley. I thought Norman might have got a game today in the absence of Paasi.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I wonder which Walmsley will play today. Strong runs Walmsley or hands on hips after 5 minutes Walmsley. I thought Norman might have got a game today in the absence of Paasi.
    Hasn't Norman got an injury?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Not Exotic View Post
    Totally agree. Best player on the pitch at Cas, and as I’ve said before, Sam Tomkins in the Sky studio was waxing lyrical about him. Since that game at Cas though, we’ve seen nothing of him.
    He was only training part time I think. Was still in FT education. Someone else mentioned he doesn't want to sign FT either.

Sirronnen has answered his critics with a try

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Hasn't Norman got an injury?
    I wasn’t aware of him being injured but perhaps he is.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

It's not been very good has it? Sironen going well but he's the only one down that left edge doing anything worthwhile.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Steady basic rugby, defence is going OK attack clumpy with that backline. Bennison and Sironen having good games.

Was going to say Kendall reffing OK then went back to his script after 30 mins.

Scoring hard to come by but I think we have got more points in is.

EDIT: Bombed a few chances in the second half should have scored 32 points but with Lomax and Welsby taking a couple of knocks and Bennison making a few unforced errors we didn't have an effective attacking spine, so we wrap the win the 2 pts and move onto next week.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 7th August 2022 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    Sirronnen has answered his critics with a try
    Sirronnen reverts back to type

Very scratchy performance again.

Surprised it took Cas so long to attack down our left edge.

Can't fault the lad for being thrown in at the deepend, but Hill is no where near ready for this level, physically or skillfully at the moment. Ok, he made a few errors but on the whole Bennison looks a more rounded player than Hill, just think Hill looks far too raw for this level at the moment.

Strong performance from Wingfield.

We really need the likes of Hoppa back so we can get Bennison back on the wing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I think we just need to muddle through these games until some of our backline returns. Hopoate, Matautia and Percival will make a big difference when they come back, but it's just all so clunky at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Can't have it all ways really we've four of our starting seven backs missing (made slightly better having Hurrell) and also our next best option of Matautia. So we either continue with Roby at half back, which isn't working, or play a couple of kids in the back line

If we can get one of Percy/Hopoate back it'll be a start.

I'd expect to see Matautia at centre with an abundance of back rowers, even with an incoming ban for Sironen

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Can't have it all ways really we've four of our starting seven backs missing (made slightly better having Hurrell) and also our next best option of Matautia. So we either continue with Roby at half back, which isn't working, or play a couple of kids in the back line

If we can get one of Percy/Hopoate back it'll be a start.

I'd expect to see Matautia at centre with an abundance of back rowers, even with an incoming ban for Sironen
    Hopoate will make a big difference, hope he trained this week and can play next week. Matautia and Passi back next week with as you say Sironen 50:50 for a ban.

Got A Season Ticket

2 points, job done. Onto the next one.

Considering we can’t get the same 17 on the field from week to week, being clunky is expected. Keep the crusts at arms length ready for a big final push.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Good win today with a seriously depleted left edge defence.

Can understand Makinson's frustration. Any other game them two passes go to him and hes in for a try.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Good win today with a seriously depleted left edge defence.

Can understand Makinson's frustration. Any other game them two passes go to him and hes in for a try.
    I was thinking we look unconvincing

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    We don’t need to prove anything to anybody we know what we are about just need some body’s back and we’ll be fine

In The West Stand

I think we were bombed and robbed at least an extra 6 tries over the course of the game. The two flicks mentions, Olpherts pushing Makinson in the air on the act of grounding it, Walmsleys offload going to no one and I’m sure there are a couple more.

Think Cas figured out too late to attack our left egde.

As well, they had a lot of piggy backing up the pitch , bar the 40-20, to get them into an attacking position.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think we were bombed and robbed at least an extra 6 tries over the course of the game. The two flicks mentions, Olpherts pushing Makinson in the air on the act of grounding it, Walmsleys offload going to no one and I’m sure there are a couple more.
    That kick through just before half time bounces the right way and Hill walks in for a try.

Starting A Programme Collection

Apart from 2 games ( cats 1st game & and Hudds 25-0) we have looked unconvincing all year . We haven’t been at our best all year , just better than the rest !

It’s been the hardest year for us ever in Terms of injuries so fair play to our team for being where we are .

At this stage in the season every game is a cup final for most teams as every game is valuable therefore no game is a given . We are very vulnerable but yet some how mange to win discounting last week !

The only thing that’s getting us though at present is desire and attitude. Fair play to or team more so to those young lads giving there all for the jersey . We are on our knees and fighting for every win .

It’s not pretty at all , but I’m more proud now of our team than when we are’ consistently convincing ‘because this year we have had to show more than just quality ! Resilience , attitude, pride and determination.

Keep going lads !

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I assume we recalled Royle when we assumed Sironens injury was far worse than it was. If I remember correctly the rules say that HKR can reloan Royle as he was on loan over the signings deadline this year, so could go back when Mata’utia returns/ we have more clarity on Percival returning?
    My understanding is that he can’t go back on loan to them.

Learning All The Songs

No Panic Hopoate will be back shortly from injury

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Apart from 2 games ( cats 1st game & and Hudds 25-0) we have looked unconvincing all year . We haven’t been at our best all year , just better than the rest !

It’s been the hardest year for us ever in Terms of injuries so fair play to our team for being where we are .

At this stage in the season every game is a cup final for most teams as every game is valuable therefore no game is a given . We are very vulnerable but yet some how mange to win discounting last week !

The only thing that’s getting us though at present is desire and attitude. Fair play to or team more so to those young lads giving there all for the jersey . We are on our knees and fighting for every win .

It’s not pretty at all , but I’m more proud now of our team than when we are’ consistently convincing ‘because this year we have had to show more than just quality ! Resilience , attitude, pride and determination.

Keep going lads !
    All that may be true but a coach has to put the best available 17 on the field and this 17 isn’t likely to win a grand final in my opinion. I’m not saying I disrespect them. I’m saying I’m not convinced they can win a fourth one. That’s got nothing to do with their effort or desire to play for Saints. Hopefully we will have a better 17 available