Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 21 man squad v Wakefield

In The South Stand

Just saw the drop goal footage - love Bennison's reaction, that lad was loving it!

Was a tough game in pretty horrific conditions (and that was just for the fans!!!).

Thought Thaler had his usual game. Welsby was pushed over at the PTB in Wakey's territory towards end of first half, nothing given. LMS does exactly the same in the second half to a Wakey player, and they were awarded the penalty.

Thought our line speed yesterday, was pretty crap apart from Bell who hit everything and anything within 20 metre radius, he was brilliant in defence.

Sironen had a good, solid game, Koni came in to it more in the second half and Bennison was very impressive fielding every kick without mistake in crap conditions.

Fantastic drop goal from Jack at the end, which is ironic as I thought he was pretty average yesterday and then pops up with that play!

Shout out to J-Lo too, those 2 conversions he kicked were fantastic, both from the touchlines!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Positives from today. Bells defense and effort was great, Bennison had a great game under the high ball. Please put Roby back at hooker, Welsby back in the halves and Bennison full back. Roby has to go around again because Lussick is just pedestrian. Just need to wait for ban day now.
    Looks like Matty Lee has won the weekly lottery ticket issued to the team for a chance of the weekend off after being penalised for a late tackle, just have to wait for the prize draw to be announced this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Looks like Matty Lee has won the lottery ticket for a chance of the weekend off after being penalised for a late tackle, just have to wait for the prize draw to be announced this afternoon
    Really? I don't remember that! Lomax & Sironen were both taking late at points in the game and nothing happened, so again highlights the inconsistency!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Really? I don't remember that! Lomax & Sironen were both taking late at points in the game and nothing happened, so again highlights the inconsistency!
    yes, Thaler's approach in stark contrast to Kendall who produces yellows at the drop of a hat

Looks like Matty Lee has won the weekly lottery ticket issued to the team for a chance of the weekend off after being penalised for a late tackle, just have to wait for the prize draw to be announced this afternoon
    Where do you find this out? Have you got a link. I only look at RFL discipline that only shows when decisions have been made. Cheers.
    If he does get banned we might be light in the prior area as Norman went off with a hamstring injury and was strapped up walking round at end of game.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Surprised nothing has been made of Welsby sliding in with the foot during wakeys 2nd try.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Surprised nothing has been made of Welsby sliding in with the foot during wakeys 2nd try.
    don't give them hints!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Played that back quite a few times, it looks as though he was thinking of hoofing the ball off the pitch before anything else.

Learning All The Songs

If that drop goal had been awarded against us, I'd have been shouting for a knock on

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Where do you find this out? Have you got a link. I only look at RFL discipline that only shows when decisions have been made. Cheers.
    If he does get banned we might be light in the prior area as Norman went off with a hamstring injury and was strapped up walking round at end of game.

On a couple of rugby league news sites this morning that he was penalised, but NO BANS this week for any of our players!!! What have we done right!

On a couple of rugby league news sites this morning that he was penalised, but NO BANS this week for any of our players!!! What have we done right!
    Tanginoa got a 1 match ban for a late hit on one of our players. Bennison cautioned for sporting behaviour, over reacting on the Welsby drop goal.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Tanginoa got a 1 match ban for a late hit on one of our players. Bennison cautioned for sporting behaviour, over reacting on the Welsby drop goal.
    Over reacting? What did he do? Was he cheering in Wakey players faces or something?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

There's nothing on the disciplinary notes RE Bennison so I'm not sure where the press have pulled that one from.

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    There's nothing on the disciplinary notes RE Bennison so I'm not sure where the press have pulled that one from.
    I made that up, had to find something for other fans to moan about. He jumped onto Welsby and let out a loud roar don't think Thaler liked that.

Learning All The Songs

I made that up, had to find something for other fans to moan about. He jumped onto Welsby and let out a loud roar don't think Thaler liked that.
    Hook, line and sinker.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Got me too, must be losing my touch

Very inconsistent again.
    Friday night saw yellow cards for pushing!
    Yet, John Bennison got clouted around the head on at least three separate occasions and nothing more than a penalty.
    We have had loads of suspensions for legal (but late) tackles.
    It's just a lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Very inconsistent again.
    Friday night saw yellow cards for pushing!
    Yet, John Bennison got clouted around the head on at least three separate occasions and nothing more than a penalty.
    We have had loads of suspensions for legal (but late) tackles.
    It's just a lottery.
    Just watched the game and agree with that, I counted 5 head shots on Bennison and one of them could have been a yellow, serious push on Welsby which should have been a yellow.

On the game itself greasy ball and greasy pitch accounted for a lot of errors. We were a bit slow on line speed and Wakey were good on theirs. Last quarter we got back to normal applying lots of pressure, Sironen was man of the match for me and Hurrell got us down field at the right time on a couple of runs.

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

Just watched the match on Saints TV. On 1:17:40 Big Al is penalised for an incorrect play the ball in front of our posts just 15m out with the scores locked 12:12. Thaler insists he played it sideways, "facing the touchline". Is it me. It looked like any other play the ball. Talk about pedantic.

Pretty sure that Benno got clouted on his first three touches of the ball, 2 of which were passes from Hurrell which he gathered before cutting inside and being decked.

The officiating of SL is an absolute joke, worst it has been in a long, long time.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Just watched the match on Saints TV. On 1:17:40 Big Al is penalised for an incorrect play the ball in front of our posts just 15m out with the scores locked 12:12. Thaler insists he played it sideways, "facing the touchline". Is it me. It looked like any other play the ball. Talk about pedantic.
    I think that's fair enough to be honest. It was a pretty horrible PTB and could have been penalised for a few different reasons. Although, you'll probably find plenty that look exactly the same and don't get penalised which is probably the issue.

Got A Season Ticket

Haha ffs

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Just seen Lomax’s conversions. One off each touchline, absolute class from someone who isn’t a regular kicker. Has to be one of the most complete all round players super league has ever seen.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Just seen Lomax’s conversions. One off each touchline, absolute class from someone who isn’t a regular kicker. Has to be one of the most complete all round players super league has ever seen.
    We’ll miss him when he’s gone, probably one of my favourite St Helens players ever. He’s incredibly tough and resilient but has a game intelligence way beyond nearly every other player in the league

A lot of fans on here wanted him gone when he had those continual injury issues years ago, I’m so happy that they cleared up and he proved them wrong