Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield team if the worst happens

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Does that mean it can be used for one of Siones 3 match bans as well?
    I presume so I hope the club are aware of this loop hole I can’t see them not being

Got A Season Ticket

Doesn’t a reserve fixture only count if there is no SL fixture?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    Doesn’t a reserve fixture only count if there is no SL fixture?
    That's what I thought. Clubs only used that on CC Final and England v All Stars weekends IIRC.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Yeah just watched the clip back as I remember him saying something but I thought that was more in relation to what he did on the night as opposed to going forward but you could be right. Or Hopoate could be absolutely fine who knows haha
    Hopoates missus has put something on instagram about thank you for the messages to him and the family towards his recovery so it doesn’t sound good.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Roby is staying in the halves according to Woolf so I'd guess

Welsby
    Bennison Hurrel Davies Grace
    Lomax Roby
    Walmsley Lussick Lees
    Batchelor Sironen
    Wingfield

Bell
    LMS
    Paasi
    Norman or even Pemberton maybe?
    I'm glad to see that, Welsby at full back is more effective than in the halves, he's good in either position but from FB he can vary his play more.

For a young player he is very astute tactically, whether it just comes naturally or he plans things I don't know, obviously having Lomax and Roby alongside helps.

Having Robes one side of the play the ball, Lomax the other and Welsby deciding which side to join in makes us sharper in attack, this combination also brings Lussick into the game more.

Hopoate and Bennison are both competent at full back but Welsby is a step up in class

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    what a pathetic state the game is in when we are worrying about Welsby picking up a ban for that nothing challenge. Knowles was stupid to get that yellow card .He is another who need to control himself.
    The game in the UK is now a joke . Mata' 3 match ban for grabbing Pryce's shirt.
    NRL seem to have a different rule book , high tackles are just part of the game .

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    The game in the UK is now a joke . Mata' 3 match ban for grabbing Pryce's shirt.
    NRL seem to have a different rule book , high tackles are just part of the game .
    He did not get a 3 match ban for grabbing a shirt, but for trying to lift an opponent from the ground, the opponent staying down injured.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    If someone had done that to Walmsley or Masoe they could have paralysed them for life.

The rules are black and white and they're there for a reason. Player welfare isn't a joke just because you can't understand it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    He did not get a 3 match ban for grabbing a shirt, but for trying to lift an opponent from the ground, the opponent staying down injured.
    Still wouldn't get a 3 match ban in the NRL in my opinion. Just watch when the World Cup starts all this business, head shots, late hits will go out of the window and match bans will be nowhere near Superleague standard. So if we have any fakers or cheats in our England Squad ( a la Farrell) they will be laughed at and be on the receiving end of some rough stuff afterwards.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    I agree with you, the player might have been faking injury but that isn't for Sione to judge, and the risk is too high. 3 matches is fair enough.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I agree with you, the player might have been faking injury but that isn't for Sione to judge, and the risk is too high. 3 matches is fair enough.
    The red card was a certainty but, if I remember right, he only tugged the shirt and didn’t really try to lift him. Given the early red card and the facts that the player wasn’t injured and played on, I’d have thought 2 games would have been fair. It wasn’t as bad as Gale’s attempts to drag Lomax to his feet, which I think also got 3 games. I hope our players now stay away from attacking players who are injured or feigning injury to milk a penalty/card.

I don’t think the game’s gone soft. Players shouldn’t touch potentially injured players and need to expect punishment for doing so. It’s just a pity players who feign injury can’t be punished but it’s probably too difficult for referees to judge properly. They struggle with their existing duties.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    The red card was a certainty but, if I remember right, he only tugged the shirt and didn’t really try to lift him. Given the early red card and the facts that the player wasn’t injured and played on, I’d have thought 2 games would have been fair. It wasn’t as bad as Gale’s attempts to drag Lomax to his feet, which I think also got 3 games. I hope our players now stay away from attacking players who are injured or feigning injury to milk a penalty/card.

I don’t think the game’s gone soft. Players shouldn’t touch potentially injured players and need to expect punishment for doing so. It’s just a pity players who feign injury can’t be punished but it’s probably too difficult for referees to judge properly. They struggle with their existing duties.
    I’m just watching a recording of the Super League Show and it was worse than I remembered. He did lift the player and in the case of a spinal injury it could have been dangerous. Maybe 3 games is fair. You’d think they’d all learn from other cards and bans this year.

Got A Season Ticket

I’m just watching a recording of the Super League Show and it was worse than I remembered. He did lift the player and in the case of a spinal injury it could have been dangerous. Maybe 3 games is fair. You’d think they’d all learn from other cards and bans this year.
    Personally, I think the incident involving a prone, and potentially injured, Lussick, with Trout and Fages looking to get the ball right in front of the referee, was infinitely worse... I am struggling to understand how one incident is punished and the other wasn't.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo's Knockonathon View Post
    Personally, I think the incident involving a prone, and potentially injured, Lussick, with Trout and Fages looking to get the ball right in front of the referee, was infinitely worse... I am struggling to understand how one incident is punished and the other wasn't.
    Agree. Inexplicable and there’s no excuse for anyone doing it.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

The fact that Kendall can’t apply the rules evenly over the course of the game is a concern but not a surprise. Sione shouldn’t have done it and given Kendall a reason to send him off, however, I am unsure as to the exact rule of moving somebody prone on the ground. I can’t remember anyone being sinned binned for it before, let alone sent off. The disciplinary had to give Sione three games to justify the ref’s decision to send him off, anything less makes Kendall look more incompetent than he already was.

Got A Season Ticket chesterxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    The fact that Kendall can’t apply the rules evenly over the course of the game is a concern but not a surprise. Sione shouldn’t have done it and given Kendall a reason to send him off, however, I am unsure as to the exact rule of moving somebody prone on the ground. I can’t remember anyone being sinned binned for it before, let alone sent off.
    Micky MAC a few seasons ago, I can’t remember who the prone player was though.
    Am I a glass half full type of person? Yes ! But every now and then, some bugger knocks my drink over!

"If you are an alien, then how comes you sound like you're from the North?"
    "Lots of planets have a North !"

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chesterxiii View Post
    Micky MAC a few seasons ago, I can’t remember who the prone player was though.
    https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...-six-match-ban

Brad Dwyer was who he picked up. His was far more reckless than Matautai's if I remember correctly.

3 games is sufficient for Matautai. I just hope he learns from it. Great potential but too prone to a brain fart sometimes.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Players who feign injury can be punished. It doesn't have to take place during the game. The panel can actually earn their money and watch what happens after the penalty is awarded. If the player jumps up a la Farrell, he obviously wasn't injured. Give him an X game ban.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Players who feign injury can be punished. It doesn't have to take place during the game. The panel can actually earn their money and watch what happens after the penalty is awarded. If the player jumps up a la Farrell, he obviously wasn't injured. Give him an X game ban.
    I presume it would come under bringing the game into disrepute but has it ever happened?

The problem with subsequent bans is that they don’t benefit the opposing team. I don’t know what the answer is but certainly the disciplinary having a close look at these incidents would help.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...-six-match-ban

Brad Dwyer was who he picked up. His was far more reckless than Matautai's if I remember correctly.

3 games is sufficient for Matautai. I just hope he learns from it. Great potential but too prone to a brain fart sometimes.
    Was he sent off though? Thought he stayed on and was punished retrospectively. My point being that has anyone been binned or sent off prior to Sione?

Learning All The Songs

Thaler is ref on Sunday

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    Was he sent off though? Thought he stayed on and was punished retrospectively. My point being that has anyone been binned or sent off prior to Sione?
    Because of the bans now being handed out I don’t think referees have any choice but to show a red card. If something is worthy of a 3 to 8 weeks ban it has to be red. On reflection, however, I’m not sure if one has been shown before.

P.S. Since I posted the above YG has put a report of a Woolf interview on another thread:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...cy/?ref=twtrec

It appears it was the first red card for this offence this year. I honestly thought there had been others but in view of the penalties dished out for the offence it should now be standard. Woolf clearly feels rightly aggrieved at the failure to give Napa and McIlorum red cards during the Catalans game. Who could argue with that? Sheer cowardice or incompetence by the officials when they had the benefit of replays. It stings that one.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 20th July 2022 at 18:08.

Because of the bans now being handed out I don’t think referees have any choice but to show a red card. If something is worthy of a 3 to 8 weeks ban it has to be red. On reflection, however, I’m not sure if one has been shown before.

P.S. Since I posted the above YG has put a report of a Woolf interview on another thread:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...cy/?ref=twtrec

It appears it was the first red card for this offence this year. I honestly thought there had been others but in view of the penalties dished out for the offence it should now be standard. Woolf clearly feels rightly aggrieved at the failure to give Napa and McIlorum red cards during the Catalans game. Who could argue with that? Sheer cowardice or incompetence by the officials when they had the benefit of replays. It stings that one.
    Cheers Suttoner, glad Woolf is calling it out but hope Sione gets the message.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    If someone had done that to Walmsley or Masoe they could have paralysed them for life.

The rules are black and white and they're there for a reason. Player welfare isn't a joke just because you can't understand it.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on the moving incident and rules BackrowSaint.
    The analogy shows what can happen, Walmsley walked from the field, Barrie Mac diagnosed from commentary how long on the sidelines with an a/c joint injury, Jon Wilkin says he was massaging his neck later as Alex was cycling the bike and he spent the weekend post injury waiting for his scan at home. Mose knew there was a problem immediately so did the players and though making great progress is sadly compromised for the rest of his life.

Learning All The Songs

Jamie Shaul has joined Wakefield on loan for the rest of the season