In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo's Knockonathon View Post
    Shipped 62 v Leeds today

Taxi for Hodgson?
    He should of gone last year. He's out of his depth

In The South Stand

Hodgson finally gone and Tony Smith most likely to replace him

Learning All The Songs

Ex Saints Assistant Keiron Purtill has also been included in the collateral, second time that's happened now which must be hard for him.

Got A Season Ticket

Whoever the coach they have a fantastic spine with plenty of speed next year

1. Hoy
    6. Connor
    7. Trueman
    9. Dwyer
    13. Lovadeu

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post

1. Hoy
    6. Connor
    7. Trueman
    9. Dwyer
    13. Lovadeu
    I'm not sure it's a 'fantastic spine' but I'd say it's a good one. Tex Hoy could be one of these backs that have come over here from the NRL and be a revelation. Can play 1 or 6. I believe he was highly rated as a junior player but not seen too much of him myself and in first grade. Had limited opportunities behind Ponga.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    I'm not sure it's a 'fantastic spine' but I'd say it's a good one. Tex Hoy could be one of these backs that have come over here from the NRL and be a revelation. Can play 1 or 6. I believe he was highly rated as a junior player but not seen too much of him myself and in first grade. Had limited opportunities behind Ponga.
    He’s played 12 games for the Knights this year Steve. Scored a beauty last weekend too. Great signing for Hull, I’d imagine it will be 12 months if all goes well for him, 24 if less so and the boy will be back playing NRL. Too good for Hull

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    He’s played 12 games for the Knights this year Steve. Scored a beauty last weekend too. Great signing for Hull, I’d imagine it will be 12 months if all goes well for him, 24 if less so and the boy will be back playing NRL. Too good for Hull
    Yes he has been going pretty well. For me so much comes down to attitude and that is personal but also instilled by the set up you enter. A player like Hoy could come over with an attitude to prove NRL wrong and give it his all or could be despondent and just go through the motions.

In The South Stand

I obviously have no idea but the problems at that club go beyond who the coach is as hammerings and poor league finishes have been par for the course for the past five years at Hull. Three eighth place finishes and only one finish within the play-offs is pretty poor for a club who spend a fair amount, like Hull.

I know we laugh at Warrington but I find it baffling that Powell went in there and ripped the place apart. They were consistently a top three or four side, had a couple of Grand Finals under their belt and a Challenge Cup in recent years. The need for a blank canvas is at Hull and was a year ago when Powell got the Wire job. I think Tony Smith could well do that for Hull.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post

1. Hoy
    6. Connor
    7. Trueman
    9. Dwyer
    13. Lovadeu
    The problem is that they don't have any defensive back bone. most of the big hammerings have been embarrassingly in front of their own home fans. They need to fix the "D" first. We can say a similar thing with Dire.

In The South Stand

In my view Hull have gone cheap and/or jobs for the boys for far too long in coaching. They should have gone all out for someone like Watson who can focus on shifting the culture of the place as he did at Salford and is doing at Hudds. I don't think anyone ever really thought Hodgson was going to be wht they needed.

It's a massive appointment this for Hull - they can't afford to keep getting it wrong and the sport needs its big clubs like Wire, Leeds and Hull not to be farcical basket cases, which is what they have been at times in recent years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    In my view Hull have gone cheap and/or jobs for the boys for far too long in coaching. They should have gone all out for someone like Watson who can focus on shifting the culture of the place as he did at Salford and is doing at Hudds. I don't think anyone ever really thought Hodgson was going to be wht they needed.

It's a massive appointment this for Hull - they can't afford to keep getting it wrong and the sport needs its big clubs like Wire, Leeds and Hull not to be farcical basket cases, which is what they have been at times in recent years.
    Agree on Watson; based on the size of Hull FC as a club (their support, good ground) that Watson would be a fit. Hoever I just wonder if Hull didn't quite stack up as an attractive option to IW given their financial constraints. I'd also question the relative strength of their academy programme vs Huddersfield who IW lauded for their improvements to it. Not so long ago there was even talks of a merged Hull/Hull KR junior system.

I would also question whether some of the top coaches would want to work for the Hull Chairman after what he did to Lee Radford live on SKY.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I would also question whether some of the top coaches would want to work for the Hull Chairman after what he did to Lee Radford live on SKY.
    One of the worst things I have ever seen. He should still be ashamed to this day for doing that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    That entered my head as well. I don’t think that Radford is a top coach, but he is one of the most honest in the competition. And no way should Pearson have humiliated him the way he did.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post

I read somewhere earlier this week that Hull have 'promoted' assistant coaches from other clubs to their head coach position for the last 5-6 appointments. They are crying out for some experienced leadership, Hodgson has been all wrong for them and they've wasted two years. Think Smith will be perfect for them but would need more freedom than an egotist like Pearson will provide I fear.