Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Parking

Got A Season Ticket

Default Parking

I've not been to a home game for a while but I found it really hard to get parked last night. I've never been to anywhere with so much parking in the immediate vicinity that is empty but you can't park there. Am I missing something? Tried the old multi storey at chalon way, then followed the stadium parking signs and came to a car park closed sign, so ended up paying £6 to park at the station. Where should I have parked? I actually found it easier to park at headingley the other week.

In The South Stand

There’s a bit of a discussion about parking at the end of this thread (not a title related to parking but it includes a list of Council car parks):

http://forums.redvee.net/showthread....4-Family-Stand

There’s also a parking at Dunelm thread below.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thumbs up Parking in Jackson Street

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I've not been to a home game for a while but I found it really hard to get parked last night. I've never been to anywhere with so much parking in the immediate vicinity that is empty but you can't park there. Am I missing something? Tried the old multi storey at chalon way, then followed the stadium parking signs and came to a car park closed sign, so ended up paying £6 to park at the station. Where should I have parked? I actually found it easier to park at headingley the other week.

If you go to Jackson Street early enough and park top end near the houses - there is an old metal bridge between houses and the start of industrial estate that leads onto the other industrial estate opposite Saints ground

Learning All The Songs

You can park on any council car park for nothing, Tontine is £1.50 i think. On another note, i’ve just got a parking fine for parking on Cineworld and going to watch a film there, even though i entered my registration in to their system, private parking companies are a bunch of cowboys, thankfully i kept my receipt so i can appeal and tell them to go •••• themselves.

In The South Stand

It was a weird one last night, the usual places we park were all taken. I was expecting a big crowd, but it was lower than a few of the games this season.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    You can park on any council car park for nothing, Tontine is £1.50 i think. On another note, i’ve just got a parking fine for parking on Cineworld and going to watch a film there, even though i entered my registration in to their system, private parking companies are a bunch of cowboys, thankfully i kept my receipt so i can appeal and tell them to go •••• themselves.
    It's a good while since I lived in the town but I thought I'd gone to tontine (just over the railway bridge opposite the raven) but that one was shut.

Got A Season Ticket

We're coming to tonight's game and still not sure wheres best to park. Where would you recommend? Ideally with a street name rather than a car park name as that'll make it easier to find.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    We're coming to tonight's game and still not sure wheres best to park. Where would you recommend? Ideally with a street name rather than a car park name as that'll make it easier to find.
    Tontine car park off Exchange Street is the closest council car park now, £1/1.50 to park in there and it’s just opposite where the old Chalon Way car park used to be.

The other council car parks are free but some aren’t that big or are the other side of the town centre (Birchley street is massive but a bit of a walk).

I usually park on Jackson street by the ambulance station and walk down from there, takes 10-15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got A Season Ticket

Are you regretting that decision now?

Got A Season Ticket

The atmosphere was superb.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Nah, not really. It sounded a rubbish atmosphere on TV and I had to be up early anyway.
    Atmosphere was good SKY might have muffled the noise because there was a lot of abuse aimed at Kendall when he only refereed one side for large chunks of the game. Our fans really showed a lot of vocal support which helped our players when their backs were against the wall.

When Passi scored and later Lomax scored that final try the West Stand went beserk and the players joined in as well.

Learning All The Songs

Park at Fingerpost and say goodbye to your car?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Atmosphere was good SKY might have muffled the noise because there was a lot of abuse aimed at Kendall when he only refereed one side for large chunks of the game. Our fans really showed a lot of vocal support which helped our players when their backs were against the wall.

When Passi scored and later Lomax scored that final try the West Stand went beserk and the players joined in as well.
    In the after match interviews with Wolfe and with Lomax, Jenna Brooks commented about how well the crowd had got behind the team

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    In the after match interviews with Wolfe and with Lomax, Jenna Brooks commented about how well the crowd had got behind the team
    You could tell it was a good atmosphere, even the North stand was bouncing at the end!!

Noooobie

Can anyone help please. We are going to Wakefield on Sunday, not been before, parking options, we are arriving from North Lincolnshire. Many thanks