Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Next 4 games.

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Next 4 games.

What are your views on the next four games ?
    Leeds, Cats, Pies and Huddersfield.
    I can see 6 points.
    Not ever wanting to think they will ever lose, but can we the next four ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Should win the 2 home games against Leeds and Huddersfield, should win one of the others. If we win them all then its going to be very difficult for any other team to get that LLs trophy. Last big game of the season is Wigoon v Cats.

We will probably lose a game outside of the next 4 games but we do have a 2 game cushion + the points difference advantage. Either Catalan or Wigan would have to win all their remaining games of the season.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 14th June 2022 at 09:39.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think to beat Leeds we can get away with playing a 6 & 7/10 game but the next 3 will be much tougher.

4 wins and we'd have won the LLS comfortably. We already need to lose 3 (with our PD) whilst one of the chasing teams win every match. So we can realistically afford 4 losses in the last 12 games and still win the shield IMO.

We will have to play better than we have shown since Dodd's injury to win in Catalan I think.

Wigan I imagine will be close but our attack should be in a better place than it was the SF.

Hudds could be a banana skin, not really mentioned but they're only a point behind the other 2. The sort of team if we played well we'd beat but anything else could be a struggle.

I would go with 3 wins.

I think we will lose one of the Catalan/Wigan games. I think they'll both be close, though.

Learning All The Songs

I'd be happy with six points from that but I think the Wigan game is the most important in terms of how the rest of the season pans out. We've shown some real mental toughness over the last couple of years but losing to Wigan twice in big games over a couple of months would be a blow going into the play offs and a potential GF against them.

Any of the other three I think would be easy to shrug off but that one would be a big test. Our record at magic isn't the best either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I'd be happy with six points from that but I think the Wigan game is the most important in terms of how the rest of the season pans out. We've shown some real mental toughness over the last couple of years but losing to Wigan twice in big games over a couple of months would be a blow going into the play offs and a potential GF against them.

Any of the other three I think would be easy to shrug off but that one would be a big test. Our record at magic isn't the best either.

The CCSF game came at the worst possible time for us, and we should be out for revenge.

They're your typical 'whole is greater than the sum of their parts' because they give everything. But there's a number of players in that team who you'd be disappointed is Saints signed them.

We're stuttering badly, though; not quite getting our spine clicking, which impacts on our ability to score. In our last 8 games ( I wont include the Cas game where we played the kids), we average scoring 21 points. That worries me. (for comparison, the first 9 games of the season, we averaged 31.5). Our defence has kept us in it but, if we have a defensive off-day and concede 4 tries (like against the scum in the SF), then we are very vulnerable.

In The South Stand

Default Next 4 games.

I think we’ll win all of them, further injuries aside.

Keeping Hopoate and Welsby fit and avoiding more pointless bans will be key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    I think we’ll win all of them, further injuries aside.

Keeping Hopoate and Welsby fit and avoiding more pointless bans will be key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speaking of this, he had his thigh strapped during the game, hope this was just protection

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Speaking of this, he had his thigh strapped during the game, hope this was just protection
    Did I see him getting it strapped, then they took it off again?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Had the strapping taken off 10 mins later, looked fine at the end of the game

Learning All The Songs

Also depends on the RFL wanting to keep banning our players?

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Had the strapping taken off 10 mins later, looked fine at the end of the game
    Cool, I didn't notice

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I can see us getting 8 in the same way I can see us getting 2. Anything is possible.

These 4 games are massive and im pretty sure this is the 2nd time round , this season, that we've had a really tough fixture period involving pies/cats/hudds all in a short space of time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I can see us getting 8 in the same way I can see us getting 2. Anything is possible.

These 4 games are massive and im pretty sure this is the 2nd time round , this season, that we've had a really tough fixture period involving pies/cats/hudds all in a short space of time.
    I’d expect us to beat Leeds and Huddersfield at home. Catalan away can be a bit of a coin toss as can Wigan at home. I think a lot depends on whether we can keep Hopoate, Welsby and Lomax together in the pivots. We’ve really struggled without Dodd to score freely and, with unreliable goal kicking, leaves us vulnerable if a team can get 3 or 4 tries against us, as others have mentioned. If we can find a way to score 26 points in each of those games I think we win all 4 as I can’t see our defence conceding more than 4 tries.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Also depends on the RFL wanting to keep banning our players?
    Also getting through this "international" without anybody being crocked. I know we have to suppoort the international game and injuries can happen anytime but it can ruin a season.

I think last year Hull lost O'Connor for the rest of the year in th equivalent game

Catalan away is going to be a really tough one, the 4th trip to France this year so far - and in the height of summer, so I don't expect us to get anything from that trip. As long as we win the other games that isnt a disaster as it will keep the battle for 2nd and 3rd nice and tight right until the end of the year, whereas hopefully we will be safely in 1st and able to rest a few towards the back end, also if Catalan finish 2nd then Wigan will have a tough trip to France in the play off semi final.

The last few weeks have been a bit like preseason, so I expect that we will come out firing now and go full on now for these 4 games, get 6 points out of them and then recover with the 4 "easier" games that follow.

It’s all down to whose turn it is to be banned by panel. Will certainly pick one of the big players.. come on saints make these corrupt panel have it.

Wigan looks to be hitting some good form and playing with a lot of confidence. I imagine it will be a better display from them than we saw in the CC and we all know how that game finished, and yes, we played horrendous that day.

Going to be a tough game.

Plus they have a week of this weekend . Only 2 playing chance of them pulling out…