Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: England Squad

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Bumped into Shaun Wane walking his dogs this morning whilst on my bike run in Haigh Hall. Asked him about pivotal players, got the impression he has spoken to Roby about availability.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Bumped into Shaun Wane walking his dogs this morning whilst on my bike run in Haigh Hall. Asked him about pivotal players, got the impression he has spoken to Roby about availability.
    Is there a better option at 9? I don’t think so. Roby starting with the running threat of Clark off the bench would be my choice for 9 and 14. Hodgson, McIlorum and McShane are well below the standard required.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Comes across well here. Watch from 26 minutes in. I have previously said I don't agree with Aussies playing for England and I still don't fully, but my stance has softened slightly after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnfBLO9VvgM
    Thanks for sharing this, didn't know James Graham did a podcast. Will watch some of these later.

Heard Graham has had his contract ended by the Dragons over the past week, so interesting to see what else he does moving forward alongside his media work.

On Victor Radley and speaking of his ability... I think he's a great player. And I'd pick him at 13 for England. His nickname doesn't do him justice in terms of his ball playing ability- he's like another half in that regard. And when we have question marks over some of the other pivots in the team, I think he could be really useful. He can lose his head mind, though he's been better at keeping himself on the field this year than last year certainly.

The eligibility side of things makes me a little uncomfortable too, but these are the rules and other nations use to their advantage as we know.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, didn't know James Graham did a podcast. Will watch some of these later.

Heard Graham has had his contract ended by the Dragons over the past week, so interesting to see what else he does moving forward alongside his media work.

On Victor Radley and speaking of his ability... I think he's a great player. And I'd pick him at 13 for England. His nickname doesn't do him justice in terms of his ball playing ability- he's like another half in that regard. And when we have question marks over some of the other pivots in the team, I think he could be really useful. He can lose his head mind, though he's been better at keeping himself on the field this year than last year certainly.

The eligibility side of things makes me a little uncomfortable too, but these are the rules and other nations use to their advantage as we know.
    They're all on YouTube mate, some good ones on there....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v...zD42W5aaSewgEw

As for Radley, I can see him at 13 with Knowles used in the front row, assuming Bateman and Farrell are nailed on for 2nd row (I don't think Bateman should be). I think Wane likes McIlorum too and he will go down that route.

Walmsley, McIlorum, Knowles, Bateman, Farrell, Radley

Leeming/Clark/McShane, Whitehead, Thompson, Burgess

Don't think that will be too far off.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Comes across well here. Watch from 26 minutes in. I have previously said I don't agree with Aussies playing for England and I still don't fully, but my stance has softened slightly after this.

Fair do's

Learning All The Songs

Wow that's nice to hear from Mcshane

I couldn't agree more. Noone comes close to his consistency
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Learning All The Songs

I hope not. It would really turn me off supporting England if we’ve got Aussies playing for us. There’s a massive difference between being eligible for England and being English. Call me old-fashioned, narrow minded or whatever I don’t really care. Aussies shouldn’t be playing for England. Simple as that.
    I agree but there is the issue of what makes you English! Grandparent rule sort of seems ok but it’s arbitrary.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I agree but there is the issue of what makes you English! Grandparent rule sort of seems ok but it’s arbitrary.
    In Radley’s case it’s his dad who was born here.

Yeah. Seems OK on there. I've been harsh

Jammer's podcasts so far are decent

In Radley’s case it’s his dad who was born here.

Yep. From Sheffield his dad

They're all on YouTube mate, some good ones on there....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v...zD42W5aaSewgEw

As for Radley, I can see him at 13 with Knowles used in the front row, assuming Bateman and Farrell are nailed on for 2nd row (I don't think Bateman should be). I think Wane likes McIlorum too and he will go down that route.

I've just watched the podcast Graham did with Wayne Bennett now... the respect and admiration they have for each other is really evident. Can see why they say Bennett is a great man manager and think he came across really well- 'stop procrastinating, making a decision and back yourself'. Wise words. Jammer laughing his head off telling of the prank with the spicy orange juice! Thanks again for sharing the link!

That's what I was thinking of for Knowles as well. Think he can do a job in the prop rotation and he did a stint there last year if I recall correctly.

Luke Thompson has to be of concern for Wane, not played since round 12 and it's round 22 this weekend. Phil Gould was asked again on Twitter this week about him- https://twitter.com/PhilGould15/stat...CqpcveqZsrAAAA There's not many games left, Bulldogs season ends after round 25.

Banned

If Wane goes with such a lightweight pack it will get bossed all over the field. Farrell has never ever shown anything at international level. It would be the cricketing equivalent of recalling Mark Ramprakash. Im not sure what situation is regarding Thompson - its subject of speculation on the Bulldogs forum.

Just looking at getting some WC tickets and was going to gamble on getting England QF tickets as group A winners. Then I saw Samoa's potential squad and thought we may be finishing second. What are your thoughts?
    1 Joseph Suaalii
    2 Brian To’o
    3 Stephen Crichton
    4 Izack Tago
    5 Taylan May
    6 Jarome Luai
    7 Anthony Milford
    8 Josh Aloiai
    9 Erin Clark
    10 Josh Papalii
    11 Kelma Tuilagi
    12 Jaydn Su’A
    13 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    14 Fa’amanu Brown
    15 Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
    16 Junior Paulo
    17 Marty Taupau

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Just looking at getting some WC tickets and was going to gamble on getting England QF tickets as group A winners. Then I saw Samoa's potential squad and thought we may be finishing second. What are your thoughts?
    1 Joseph Suaalii
    2 Brian To’o
    3 Stephen Crichton
    4 Izack Tago
    5 Taylan May
    6 Jarome Luai
    7 Anthony Milford
    8 Josh Aloiai
    9 Erin Clark
    10 Josh Papalii
    11 Kelma Tuilagi
    12 Jaydn Su’A
    13 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    14 Fa’amanu Brown
    15 Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
    16 Junior Paulo
    17 Marty Taupau
    It's a very strong squad, I think we're in for the best on field world cup we've ever had. We are starting to see the depth of Polynesian players in the NRL filter into their national sides.

Checked last week how much for my season ticket seat for the Tonga game....they want me to cough up £70 so looks as though I,ll be watching it on the TV.

Agreed. Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG are all very strong so the QFs onwards should be tremendous games. I hope it's really well supported and we can make a big national spectacle of it.

Checked last week how much for my season ticket seat for the Tonga game....they want me to cough up £70 so looks as though I,ll be watching it on the TV.
    The concession prices aren't too bad but £70 and £55 for standard adults seems too high especially in these times, particularly as there will be a whole lot of publicity over energy prices at the time of the World Cup with people beginning to put their central heating on and realising the enormous increase in cost. surely a slightly reduced ticket sales offer perhaps linked to Season Ticket holder purchases could be made, better a full stadium with reduced ticket prices than a half full stadium at full price, probably too late now as tickets are already on sale

Got A Season Ticket

I was looking forward to supporting Tonga at Saints. But £110 for two tickets on a Tuesday night. I'm afraid i also will be watching a on TV and keeping hold of my money .

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Agreed. Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG are all very strong so the QFs onwards should be tremendous games. I hope it's really well supported and we can make a big national spectacle of it.
    That Samoa team does look very strong as you say. Have some great players to call on.

Think I'm right in saying that players of pacific island decent now make up 50% (if not more) of the players in the NRL.

On England, Luke Thompson must still be a worry. He did play a couple weeks ago for the Bulldogs off the interchange. Stats say he played for 37 minutes and ran for 86 metres. He was named to start at 13 this past weekend against the Sharks but then wasn't in the squad come game day. Not in the squad for their last game of the season this weekend either.

Herbie Farnworth too, not played for sometime now after a bicep injury and not named for Brisbane this week. Will likely be Broncos last game of the season this weekend as well.

Got A Replica Shirt

Just heard from a mate (Wigan fan) saying that he's heard that Farrell could be out for 6 months.

Learning All The Songs

if true, would have preferred it to happen to Field or French or both.

Learning All The Songs

Shit thing to say.. but I get that it's meant because of how big a threat they are. It's almost unfair a team has 2x players like that
    Big loss for England if Farrell is out
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wide 2 west View Post
    I was looking forward to supporting Tonga at Saints. But £110 for two tickets on a Tuesday night. I'm afraid i also will be watching a on TV and keeping hold of my money .
    Someone was telling me about the ticket prices a few weeks ago as he did the same thing. Went to book his seat for that game and saw how high the price was so didn't bother. I'd assumed he had got it wrong to be honest as I thought they couldn't possibly be that price but seemingly not. Dont think there will be many there at all I can't imagine that anyone would pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Not Exotic View Post
    Just heard from a mate (Wigan fan) saying that he's heard that Farrell could be out for 6 months.
    Bad news for the lad, I heard knee ligament damage. The goons have not lost any major pivotal players this season but farrell is one of them.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Down View Post
    Someone was telling me about the ticket prices a few weeks ago as he did the same thing. Went to book his seat for that game and saw how high the price was so didn't bother. I'd assumed he had got it wrong to be honest as I thought they couldn't possibly be that price but seemingly not. Dont think there will be many there at all I can't imagine that anyone would pay that.
    I wonder if there's been an additional cost added to each ticket so that it can go to help Tonga and their people? Does seem extremely high cost wise if not!