Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: james Bell banned

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Did my eyes deceive me or wasn't JL taken out after one of his kicks. I also dont understand why a late tackle on the passer warrants a charge due to flexion of the neck, but a direct hit to the head in the tackle, which incidentally was penalised so was seen, isn't even looked at by the disciplinary.
    Spot on Roger. It wasn't just once though, my wife was asking me why aren't KR being penalised for the late hits on JL? Also correct re the direct contacts to the head, which the ref deemed less serious than a petulant push by a young player, which earned him a yellow. No wonder we're the most penalised team in the league, if kicking a ball away and a push in the back earns you the sin bin! As for the Pies being one of the lesser penalised teams, why don't the officials see the head movement of Smithies in most altercations? Probably not as damaging as kicking a ball away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    The way some of our fanbase are, it could be believable that some think that way.
    And yet oddly, it seems to be you and very few others who think differently

Starting A Programme Collection

All teams are offside a LOT of times during a game. Our superior line speed and dominant defence highlights this and gets us penalised more. As for the other stuff I’m really not sure about without paying an unhealthy interest in players from other teams.

It’s great how the other players that were banned this week can use the international game as their game off, having been picked in a preliminary squad from April

Pity Bell wasn’t in form in April

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    It’s great how the other players that were banned this week can use the international game as their game off, having been picked in a preliminary squad from April

Pity Bell wasn’t in form in April
    It's a total farce but hardly surprising. Completely separate entity and should be treated as such. Unless its an act of serious foul play

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    All teams are offside a LOT of times during a game. Our superior line speed and dominant defence highlights this and gets us penalised more. As for the other stuff I’m really not sure about without paying an unhealthy interest in players from other teams.
    This is probably more to the point about our defence dominance, to eradicate some of the so called "late hits" on the passer which are really committed tackles we would have to reduce our line speed so that the passer can get the ball away. Its such a fine margin which doesn't go in our favour and eventally will stop us applying pressure when defending.