Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty Lees

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Matty Lees

Could Matty cop a ban for leading with his shoulder when he flattened Fash? I reckon there is a chance of 3 suspensions.

Got A Season Ticket

No such thing as "leading with the shoulder", Fash got his head in the wrong place. Wasn't even worthy of a penalty.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

No Flash got his head in the wrong place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    No Flash got his head in the wrong place.
    Thats how i think everyone in the stadiun saw it. No less i still think the rlf will decide to ban him to even things up for wire on thursday. Fully expect 1-2 match for bell

Bell was a little unlucky as he may have completed the tackle safely if Sironen didn’t push the Hull player. Also the Hull player didn’t actually suffer any dangerous impact, which may help his case

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Could Matty cop a ban for leading with his shoulder when he flattened Fash? I reckon there is a chance of 3 suspensions.
    It’s so sad how our great game is being destroyed bit by bit when there are threads discussing players who might get banned for nothing offences cheers Bobby Goulding and co

It was a televised game, so surely the video ref would have had plenty of time to watch the replay repeatedly such was the delay in treating him to suggest that the ref put it on report if there was anything suspicious, he didn't , there was no raised or leading elbow so case closed

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Never a ban. Some clown on a YouTube comment claimed he was leading with the elbow too. Utter tosh.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Never a ban. Some clown on a YouTube comment claimed he was leading with the elbow too. Utter tosh.
    It shouldn't be a ban, but that doesn't mean anything these days. I'm concerned he could be cited

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

The ball carrier can lead with his shoulder it's only if he raises his elbow it's an offence. I maybe wrong but I think use of the shoulder is only an offence if it is the tackler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    The ball carrier can lead with his shoulder it's only if he raises his elbow it's an offence. I maybe wrong but I think use of the shoulder is only an offence if it is the tackler
    The tackler can lead with the shoulder - but they need to also wrap their arms.

I fact, in a high proportion of tackles the first impact from the tackler is with the shoulder.

If Lees is cited then Akuaola will doubtless get a retrospective sine die ban for his previous similar contacts as a ball carrier. People who think there was anything culpable by Lees clearly don’t understand rugby while anyone who thinks the RFL would impose a ban to ensure a level playing field for Warrington need to get some treatment for their victim complexes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Akuaola never copped a ban at Warrington, and running in hard and leading with his shoulder is all he had to his game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    If Lees is cited then Akuaola will doubtless get a retrospective sine die ban for his previous similar contacts as a ball carrier. People who think there was anything culpable by Lees clearly don’t understand rugby while anyone who thinks the RFL would impose a ban to ensure a level playing field for Warrington need to get some treatment for their victim complexes.
    Not one post mentions a ban to benefit Warrington. Perhaps people with a superiority complex should be the ones seeking treatment.

My post was in reference to the RFL's obvious intent to to react to any contact with the head these days. I also clearly said it shouldn't be a ban. Hopefully that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Not one post mentions a ban to benefit Warrington. Perhaps people with a superiority complex should be the ones seeking treatment.

My post was in reference to the RFL's obvious intent to to react to any contact with the head these days. I also clearly said it shouldn't be a ban. Hopefully that helps

I’m sorry if you thought I was referring to your post, or any other in this thread, regarding the RFL. You obviously don’t follow the same social media groups that I’ve seen suggesting Lees should be hung out to dry.

Got A Season Ticket

On the slowmo it looked like a head clash to me

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    On the slowmo it looked like a head clash to me
    Yeh possibly. The game is played at 100mph and the judiciary don’t seem to bare in mind the difference in physiology of players. To me it looked like Fash’s head is square with Lees chest and lower arm. Lees didn’t lift the elbow. You could argue Fash got the tackle all wrong.
    For me it was one of them ‘it’s a contact sport, shit happens’ sort of incidents.

In The South Stand

Yeh possibly. The game is played at 100mph and the judiciary don’t seem to bare in mind the difference in physiology of players. To me it looked like Fash’s head is square with Lees chest and lower arm. Lees didn’t lift the elbow. You could argue Fash got the tackle all wrong.
    For me it was one of them ‘it’s a contact sport, shit happens’ sort of incidents.
    Definitely. Lees ran it in hard and Fash just seemed to pause momentarily and didn't adjust his body for the tackle. He needed to get his head to the side and get lower into the ribs, but he just stood there. If there is a charge on Lees the club needs to throw the kitchen sink and a 5 minute highlight reel of Akuola at them. Lees wasn't anywhere near the head contact he's done over the years and he's never been charged.

I thought Bell was unlucky too, but he'll definitely cop a ban. It was Sironen's fault and one gleefully taken by the Hull player as he hurled himself to the ground to try to get the card. Daft to lift him that high though so got to take the inevitable 2 game ban. Knowles shouldn't be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It shouldn't be a ban, but that doesn't mean anything these days. I'm concerned he could be cited

That's my thinking also, the disciplinery panel is a joke.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Did any else see Knowles get a jabbed to the face by a Hull player? Ive not be able to record the game to look back and double check. But im positive it happened? He got subbed not long afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Definitely. Lees ran it in hard and Fash just seemed to pause momentarily and didn't adjust his body for the tackle. He needed to get his head to the side and get lower into the ribs, but he just stood there. If there is a charge on Lees the club needs to throw the kitchen sink and a 5 minute highlight reel of Akuola at them. Lees wasn't anywhere near the head contact he's done over the years and he's never been charged.

I thought Bell was unlucky too, but he'll definitely cop a ban. It was Sironen's fault and one gleefully taken by the Hull player as he hurled himself to the ground to try to get the card. Daft to lift him that high though so got to take the inevitable 2 game ban. Knowles shouldn't be banned.
    Yeh i agree with all that, mate. Those tipping actions can really get out of control once you lift a players legs which sadly Bell did. No player goes into a tackle thinking ‘I’m gonna tip this bloke, risk breaking his neck and get myself banned for a month’
    It looked worse than it was but at the end of the day you just can’t do it.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It is tricky in the space of the few seconds to get it right. But totally agree you just can't lift in the tackle anymore as you never know when another player will join the tackle and cause that dangerous imbalance.

It only takes one time for a player to be severly damaged as we have seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It is tricky in the space of the few seconds to get it right. But totally agree you just can't lift in the tackle anymore as you never know when another player will join the tackle and cause that dangerous imbalance.

It only takes one time for a player to be severly damaged as we have seen in the past.
    Doesn't look like there any citings at all for Bell or any other Saints players according to the RFL disciplinary reports, I'm a little surprised about Bell, they presumably decided sin bin was enough

Learning All The Songs

The ban of the shoulder charge is a bloody joke

They should have just clamped down on the shoulder to the head.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Learning All The Songs

Ps it wasn't a shoulder charge.. just saying
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative