Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9192526272829

Thread: Wire

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    You watch enough of this game to know a good highlight reel doesn't necessarily equate to a positive contribution to the overall team.
    Dufty got 4 tries for Wire today, albeit in another loss.

Warrington have a lot of work to do for next year but you can see what he brings to them in terms of his speed in attack- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0C0NLRGxA
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Dufty got 4 tries for Wire today, albeit in another loss.

Warrington have a lot of work to do for next year but you can see what he brings to them in terms of his speed in attack- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0C0NLRGxA
    Don’t deny his talents but the rumours are that he is a toxic character. Arrogant, argumentative etc, so he’ll fit right in at Warrington!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

FYI, Mike Cooper was interviewed in the SS bar after the Catalans game last night. Commented how they had spent money on good players at Wire but were short on the grittiness and determination exhibited by even the academy lads at Wigan, nor did they have the family atmosphere/camaraderie. He was apparently offered a new deal by the Wire board but Powell vetoed it. All in all doesn't sound like Warrington are in a good place at the moment.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Feelgood View Post
    FYI, Mike Cooper was interviewed in the SS bar after the Catalans game last night. Commented how they had spent money on good players at Wire but were short on the grittiness and determination exhibited by even the academy lads at Wigan, nor did they have the family atmosphere/camaraderie. He was apparently offered a new deal by the Wire board but Powell vetoed it. All in all doesn't sound like Warrington are in a good place at the moment.
    Cooper is a rat. Left a sinking ship after all those years and jumped straight to a team he thought could bring him success. Lowest of the low.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Always quite liked Cooper, but that's poor if that's what happened.
    Don't think it's any secret that he was shown the door by Powell for not wanting to fully commit to training due to his business interests
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Good move by Cooper and similarly with Hill. The culture at Wire must be rotten just look at George Williams shadow of a player, Powell I reckon has de coached every player in that team can't think of any player who has improved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Good move by Cooper and similarly with Hill. The culture at Wire must be rotten just look at George Williams shadow of a player, Powell I reckon has de coached every player in that team can't think of any player who has improved this season.
    Spoke to Amor only a few weeks ago - he said , they actually think they are training hard when in fact it’s academy intensity .

Some players are allows to turn up late , all a bit amateurish!

As one of the senior players, Cooper is 100% responsible for ensuring the players show grittiness and determination as well as fostering the family atmosphere. Sounds like Wire are better off without him.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Is Amor available for us now? Or has his season now finished?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Spoke to Amor only a few weeks ago - he said , they actually think they are training hard when in fact it’s academy intensity .

Some players are allows to turn up late , all a bit amateurish!
    I remember Shaun Wane saying something on the same lines, last year when the Saints lads joined the England squad a few days later than the others he said the intensity in training shot up. Our conditioning and impact training at the club probably makes it easier and quicker to get match fit on a return.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Likewise the stock of Briers who obviously left Warrington last year continues to rise by comparison. He will be a loss for Wigan.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Briers made a massive impact on us bringing in new attacking plays. I was hoping we would bring in Danny Maguire from HKR as a replacement as I like some of their attacking play and it offers us something different to what we have had in the past. With TL as new assistant I worry we could go back to Waneball, though to be fair, Matty Peet's academy teams always had a lot of attacking flair.

Banned

Briers made a massive impact on us bringing in new attacking plays. I was hoping we would bring in Danny Maguire from HKR as a replacement as I like some of their attacking play and it offers us something different to what we have had in the past. With TL as new assistant I worry we could go back to Waneball, though to be fair, Matty Peet's academy teams always had a lot of attacking flair.
    Simplistic as it sounds, I attributed Briers to freshening up Wigan’s attacking with Peet improving the defense and culture of the club. (?)

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    As one of the senior players, Cooper is 100% responsible for ensuring the players show grittiness and determination as well as fostering the family atmosphere. Sounds like Wire are better off without him.
    Before we appointed Madge at Wigan I would say that some of our younger players at the time had issues with attitude and when that runs through the squad it is difficult for those with a professional attitude to exert their influence, especially if not backed up by a strong enough coach, so I wouldn't necessarily lay the blame with Cooper/Hill for not setting an example. I think we lost that some of that professionalism with Lam as coach but Peet has managed to turn the ship around.

I think Wire have a major attitude problem amongst their players with many being there for the wrong reason (£ not trophies). To compound this they have got rid of players like Cooper and Hill who do have the right attitude. I feel sorry for the likes of Ratchford having to play with that shower.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    I agree and whether the story about him missing training to attend to his other business interests is true or not, sure we can all remember the incident when Steve Price was the head coach. That was really poor and didn't paint him in a good light.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Wire have identified players with "wrong attitude" and got rid. It might hurt at first but eventually will prove the correct decision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Wire have identified players with "wrong attitude" and got rid. It might hurt at first but eventually will prove the correct decision.
    Just a thought but what happens if the coach has the ‘wrong attitude?’

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Just a thought but what happens if the coach has the ‘wrong attitude?’
    Again with the Man United comparison but if every coach seems to be the problem despite loads of money being spent then you have to question the players and the culture.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.