Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 818242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Wire

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Can’t take it away from Toulouse not the best but full
    Of heart - likely they will go and two soulless clubs will continue in SL .
    This is Warringtons year to celebrate hanging on by the skin of the teeth. Toulouse did well I I hope Wakefield go down. Leigh would be a better team for Super League.

Got A Season Ticket

They’ve been competitive in the majority of their matches this season. Which is all you can ask for in the first season at this level.

It’ll be a shame if they go down because they’re building something and I think the rivalry with Catalan will help the game over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    They’ve been competitive in the majority of their matches this season. Which is all you can ask for in the first season at this level.

It’ll be a shame if they go down because they’re building something and I think the rivalry with Catalan will help the game over there.

Totally agree . I’d really like them to stay up . Vital for our game in my view .

Got A Season Ticket

Went to Toulouse twice and loved it. Went to Wakefield once and hated it.
    Toulouse is too big a city with too much potential to be discarded. This must be taken into account when the set-up is decided

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    Went to Toulouse twice and loved it. Went to Wakefield once and hated it.
    Toulouse is too big a city with too much potential to be discarded. This must be taken into account when the set-up is decided
    It would be a travesty to discard Toulouse from the league without a real chance to develop. They have so much potential.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

You can’t take it away from Toulouse, but Kendall certainly did. One of the most inept and biased performances for quite a while.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You can’t take it away from Toulouse, but Kendall certainly did. One of the most inept and biased performances for quite a while.
    He was bad, terrible in fact, but Toulouse contributed to their own downfall too. Some really poor skill and unforced errors, and awful discipline from experienced players who should know better.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I've noticed the games never flow when Kendall is in the middle. Stop, start. No real rythem to the match. I know it's his job to police infringements but we don't pay good money to listen to his whistle.

Learning All The Songs

I like Toulouse they bring something to the game that some other clubs don`t.
    Cannot agree with the blaming the ref in this instance, they sailed close to the wind first half, he let them away with a few but early second half Corey with his finger in Holmes then the next tackle Hansen does the same. Personally I would sooner see a high shot than see or hear of that being done on a RL field (that is not a homophobic remark before anyone starts) it may be to put a player off their game but it is low if you forgive the pun.
    A few 50-50 calls went Warrington`s way after that, the Bullock call was tough as he also led with the shoulder but a few Toulouse players were bold last night they took it too far.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    It would be a travesty to discard Toulouse from the league without a real chance to develop. They have so much potential.
    Steve McNamara spoke very candidly and very passionately about the sport in France after the game last night. Made some comments about SL in general too and was a good listen. It is a healthy debate.

On the game, I thought Dufty showed flashes of what he can do and I think he will prove to be a quality signing for them. Still think they'd benefit from a new half to partner Williams. A game manager and let Williams focus on his instinctive play.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    On the game, I thought Dufty showed flashes of what he can do and I think he will prove to be a quality signing for them. Still think they'd benefit from a new half to partner Williams. A game manager and let Williams focus on his instinctive play.
    Dufty will still be a dud. There's a reason 2 of the worst teams in the NRL ditched him first change they got. As soon as he makes his first howler in a Wire shirt the fans will be on his back (just like the NRL) and he'll disappear in most games.
    My money is still on him not being in SL beyond 2023, back to Aus and the NSW cup.

Learning All The Songs

Steve McNamara spoke very candidly and very passionately about the sport in France after the game last night. Made some comments about SL in general too and was a good listen. It is a healthy debate.

Dufty will have a decent highlight reel and that's about it. He's just simply not a good player, he pulls the odd bit of flair occasionally but is on the whole a poor all round player.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Dufty will still be a dud. There's a reason 2 of the worst teams in the NRL ditched him first change they got. As soon as he makes his first howler in a Wire shirt the fans will be on his back (just like the NRL) and he'll disappear in most games.
    My money is still on him not being in SL beyond 2023, back to Aus and the NSW cup.
    The NRL and SL are different competitions as we know. We've seen what other players have done on coming over here of a similar style to him. He probably knows he's unlikely to get another NRL deal in the future, so sure he'll want to make a success of it in SL and he's spoken of his ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Dufty will have a decent highlight reel and that's about it. He's just simply not a good player, he pulls the odd bit of flair occasionally but is on the whole a poor all round player.
    If he does have a decent highlight reel from his stint, surely that'll mean he'll have done well for Warrington won't it? He's better than they had and strengthens them in a key position. He'll be a threat for them in attack.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Learning All The Songs

The NRL and SL are different competitions as we know. We've seen what other players have done on coming over here of a similar style to him. He probably knows he's unlikely to get another NRL deal in the future, so sure he'll want to make a success of it in SL and he's spoken of his ambition.

If he does have a decent highlight reel from his stint, surely that'll mean he'll have done well for Warrington won't it? He's better than they had and strengthens them in a key position. He'll be a threat for them in attack.
    You watch enough of this game to know a good highlight reel doesn't necessarily equate to a positive contribution to the overall team.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post

So let the French sort their own league out if they want the game to develop over there. What if there were half a dozen more competitive French teams, should they come over and we can get rid of Wire, Salford, Hull KR etc? Why not get some French teams in the Prem to get rid of the shite at the bottom of that league? Welcome to superleague Leigh.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    So let the French sort their own league out if they want the game to develop over there. What if there were half a dozen more competitive French teams, should they come over and we can get rid of Wire, Salford, Hull KR etc? Why not get some French teams in the Prem to get rid of the shite at the bottom of that league? Welcome to superleague Leigh.
    I would like to see Leigh back in SL,and with there points lead in the table they can start to prepare for it. The investment up to now seems like they have already started. But, it’s not a question of Leigh vs Toulouse. It’s more Toulouse or Wakey. If as likely Wakey stay up, next year they will still have a crappie ground and be a lower table team. Toulouse is a big city’s with potential for large crowds. For me the only negative to Toulouse in SL is a lack of away support.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Tbf the amount of fans the likes of Wakefield bring over is embarrassing. Even to the Yorkshire teams, the following is shocking. I don't think there would be that much difference interns of revenue from away fans. I'd much rather see Toulouse in the SL but the biggest consequence from that will be smaller attendances at CC Final and GF. Also not a great look for the sport.

In The South Stand

I've attended every GF that Saints have played in and the Catalans final had the least atmosphere for me. Many empty seats and although the "neutrals" were supporting Catalans it never felt like a big raucous event as it has in the past. I'm not a fan of the inclusion of French teams (could you imagine the atmosphere, or lack of it if, two French teams were in the GF at Old Trafford?), I'd much rather see encouragement for expansion in Cumbria and Wales.

Learning All The Songs

I also think The French teams belong in France and not in British super league. Regarding Wakefield they always seem to be a struggling club but given a bit of success, similar to Salford who many also wanted to get rid of a few years ago, would get increased attendances. Wakefield is also a city which although maybe doesnt have the same standing as Toulouse has a large enough catchment area from which to attract support. Their ground is also delapidated much like Knowsley rd was but we were lucky enough to get the funding from certain businessmen. If the love for RL is already in places like Toulouse/Catalans they'll generate support off their own backs and get their own league to thrive and then maybe have a European comp but not in British rl at the expense of traditional clubs like Wakefield and Salford etc..

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

I am a bit staggered that some want a long standing English club to go down and a French club remain. Come on Yorkshire. Someone in every single league, prem football, NRL has to be bottom. Doesn’t mean we should judge them out. Feel sorry for Wakey fans.

Wire fans delighted in their teams defeat at Leeds ‘
    That result is good given Leeds recent form’ , ‘played really
    Well Second half .

No ‘Powell out ‘ posts this week . A quality defeat by the sounds of it !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I am a bit staggered that some want a long standing English club to go down and a French club remain. Come on Yorkshire. Someone in every single league, prem football, NRL has to be bottom. Doesn’t mean we should judge them out. Feel sorry for Wakey fans.
    Got to agree with that, we never travel well in France, going there 3 or 4 times a season we struggle to get a 50:50 win or lose.

Normal service resumed at the Halliwell J . Another collapse ! In Powell we trust ��

Got A Season Ticket

Made my night......Powell the gift that keeps giving...

Just a shame it’s not on sky . Nothing better than a Powell Post mortem