Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 29 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: Wire

Got A Season Ticket

Default Wire

Some second half capitulation there..And some people on here moan about where we are..

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo's Knockonathon View Post
    Some second half capitulation there..And some people on here moan about where we are..
    Powell can’t last , surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Their recruitment has been all over the place for a few seasons.

They need a clear out.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Their recruitment has been all over the place for a few seasons.

They need a clear out.
    I don't think Dudson is the answer...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Don’t know mate. It’s a bit cruel of a club to sack a coach in his first season surely? Huddersfield underachieved in the eyes of many last year but in his second year there Watson seems to have fixed it. Some coaches need a season just to work things out and see what needs sorting.
    In 2013 we did very little under Nathan Brown (admittedly we weren’t as bad as wire are now), then 2014 Champions.
    If I’m in charge of Warrington i would write off this season. If they start 2023 badly then I start asking is Powell the right guy.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

It’s some nose dive, to recover from this to championship contenders seems more than another season away at the moment . I wouldn’t be to pleased if I was a wire fan

In The South Stand

Yes he can. He has to be given a chance of his own team

They were well in that game until Moore went crazy, when he gave that penalty for a Catalans player falling over with no one near him I bet the Wire players wanted to walk off the pitch

They just don’t seem to have any attacking shape at all, it’s all just everyone stood about waiting for one player to break the line

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    They were well in that game until Moore went crazy, when he gave that penalty for a Catalans player falling over with no one near him I bet the Wire players wanted to walk off the pitch

They just don’t seem to have any attacking shape at all, it’s all just everyone stood about waiting for one player to break the line
    Didn’t see the game so going off your quote. If they fell apart after a dubious decision then it could be that Powel’s “all the refs are against us” attitude has filtered down to the team. Teams should realise that they will get bad decisions against them and should just knuckle down and treat it as one of their mistakes.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Wire just looked like a bunch of lads out for a game of rugby. No organisation, no leadership. Ashton, Thewliss and Wrench looked interesting. 2 out of the 3 however, showed how raw they were by making a good break, but not knowing what to do once they had. If Williams is a marquee signing then they have got problems.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Don’t know mate. It’s a bit cruel of a club to sack a coach in his first season surely? Huddersfield underachieved in the eyes of many last year but in his second year there Watson seems to have fixed it. Some coaches need a season just to work things out and see what needs sorting.
    In 2013 we did very little under Nathan Brown (admittedly we weren’t as bad as wire are now), then 2014 Champions.
    If I’m in charge of Warrington i would write off this season. If they start 2023 badly then I start asking is Powell the right guy.
    I concur, I don’t like Powell, the finger always points outwards, always someone else’s fault, never him. However, he hasn’t had a chance to shape the squad and they look lacking in the pack. He should be given this season at least, personally, I think he’s doing a great job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    The guy loses respect for comments like this. Why cant he just say well done to catalan as the best team won

Got A Season Ticket

Wasn't Liam Moore the ref that Bernard Guash had a go at over the Grand Final. Maybe Liam was trying toget back into his good books.....having watched the replay there were a couple of dodgy decisions regarding the ruck with advantage going to Dragons. But having said that, Wire were all at sea with no real direction or attacking clue.

Got A Season Ticket

If one bad decision defines your performance, then from a sporting point of view you don't have the mental resilience to even contemplate being champions. This is the difference between world class coaches like Woolf and Powell.

Default Wire

If one bad decision defines your performance, then from a sporting point of view you don't have the mental resilience to even contemplate being champions. This is the difference between world class coaches like Woolf and Powell.
    Exactly. What he’s basically saying to the world is that his team only needs to face a little bit of adversity and it will crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    The guy loses respect for comments like this. Why cant he just say well done to catalan as the best team won
    Agreed, I'll bet he takes all the credit when they win though.

Default Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Exactly. What he’s basically saying to the world is that his team only needs to face a little bit of adversity and it will crumble.
    To be fair he doesn’t even need to say it, everyone can see them crumble on the pitch before he has the chance to moan.
    Hopefully- true to Wire form and reaction to adversity- they’ll be paying a fortune to bring in an injured/over the hill/can’t be a*sed Aussie shortly to ‘help’ with their winning culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powell isnt the problem, player power to the fore again. The players got rid of Price, and they are trying to get rid of Powell now...no doubt they will all be out in Stockton Heath tonight without a care in the world. They are in need of a major clear out, 8-10 new players and probably a new CEO too.

Learning All The Songs

Not aimed at you SK but many on here think one bad decision by a referee cost us a CC and mental stability went out of the window for anyone who disagreed with them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Not aimed at you SK but many on here think one bad decision by a referee cost us a CC and mental stability went out of the window for anyone who disagreed with them.
    Maybe it did maybe it didn’t(that’s for us fans to feel aggrieved about) , but Saints as a team have built up more resilience since then and do not let any set back upset their objectives.

It appears that Powel is using the ref as an excuse, and the team are buying into that so any little setback and they fold.

With Powel he either publicly slaggs of the ref or his team (sometimes both), sorry but that’s not good man management.

To be fair to Wire yesterday it was about 10-15 bad decisions against them, with them increasing in ridiculousness

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

To be fair to Wire yesterday it was about 10-15 bad decisions against them, with them increasing in ridiculousness
    It’s true there were a series of increasingly bizarre decisions from the ref. Culminating in the one against Jason Clarke when playing the ball and was then penalised for trapping the Catalans player who was interfering with the ptb.
    Obviously they weren’t the reason we lost but defending so many repeat sets as an undersized /underpowered pack takes its toll and that energy sapping showed in the collapse late on.
    Our lack of any attacking plan was a much bigger concern however and not many Wire fans are looking forward to Thursday.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Yes he can. He has to be given a chance of his own team
    If "a chance of his own team" is to contain Dudson and Kasiano, then good luck to him.
    They do need some decent props, but I don't think Dudson and an aging lump like Kasiano are the answer.
    Knowing their recruitment policy, they'll probably give Kasiano a 5 year contract as well........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    If "a chance of his own team" is to contain Dudson and Kasiano, then good luck to him.
    They do need some decent props, but I don't think Dudson and an aging lump like Kasiano are the answer.
    Knowing their recruitment policy, they'll probably give Kasiano a 5 year contract as well........
    Reports from Oz that wire are close to signing Dufty for next season they will never learn the guy has been shocking at the bulldogs so far this year ,heart the size of a pea