Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Fixtures This Weekend

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I will be honest i was a bit surprised to see Lomax attacking on our right side so much. He can’t have much flexibility in that left arm. When passing the ball its the over hand that does the work putting a spin on it. If he played the left side his good arm would play a bigger role in passing the ball. Not only that crabbing across the right side of the field leaves that bad arm vulnerable to shots from the defence. I imagine he would be more effective playing the left side. I’m not keen on split half backs with one either side of the field but if it helps Lomax we may need to look at that sort of game plan.
    I dunno. Maybe his arm isn’t as big of a problem as we think. You’d imagine those at the club know what’s the best approach.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I will be honest i was a bit surprised to see Lomax attacking on our right side so much. He can’t have much flexibility in that left arm. When passing the ball its the over hand that does the work putting a spin on it. If he played the left side his good arm would play a bigger role in passing the ball. Not only that crabbing across the right side of the field leaves that bad arm vulnerable to shots from the defence. I imagine he would be more effective playing the left side. I’m not keen on split half backs with one either side of the field but if it helps Lomax we may need to look at that sort of game plan.
    I dunno. Maybe his arm isn’t as big of a problem as we think. You’d imagine those at the club know what’s the best approach.
    I noticed that over the last couple of games especially the crabbing across. It’s coincided with the loss of Dodd were Doddy sets up the switch play to isolate the fullback and put numbers on the other side usually on the left. We,ve lost that tactical play now and replaced it with a dab kick from Lomax or Welsby.
    It’s going to take a couple of games to work out damage limitation for Lomax and more importantly the other half back option.