Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Overall Ticket sales for Elland Road sem

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Overall Ticket sales for Elland Road sem

Hi all, the view is that it has been disappointing with regard the attendance for tomorrow.
    I know Hull have sold over 8k and Huddersfield 3k.
    Surely with Leeds Woman getting there a crowd of 30k should be realistic ???

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Just posted in another thread.

Over 20k now sold, RFL hoping for 23k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Replica Shirt

Let's hope there are no Blue seats on show !!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Hi all, the view is that it has been disappointing with regard the attendance for tomorrow.
    I know Hull have sold over 8k and Huddersfield 3k.
    Surely with Leeds Woman getting there a crowd of 30k should be realistic ???
    Where are these figures from? Hull KR tweeted less than 24 hours ago saying they were taking 6000.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

Hello YG, it was on the clubs forum last night.
    It was in a thread about coach travel and costs of it.

Got A Season Ticket

Everyone going to the boozers near the ground or the city centre tomorrow?

Got A Season Ticket

I've not seen any figures at all but we tried to book through the rfl and there weren't many decent seats so spoke to saints and they didn't have many either.

Got A Replica Shirt

City centre. Several pubs and bars near the station,the taxi in.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    City centre. Several pubs and bars near the station,the taxi in.
    Same for me O Neil’s for 11:30 then taxi down to the ground! COYS!

Got A Season Ticket

City centre for me. Used to live in Leeds so I’ll be going to a few places around the train station then getting a taxi to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by macca24 View Post
    City centre for me. Used to live in Leeds so I’ll be going to a few places around the train station then getting a taxi to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Same (Cas now unfortunately) just hoping the Leeds pubs/bars aren’t strict on the rugby shirts!! They can be a bit jobsworthy!

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=Blobbynator;844940]Just posted in another thread.

Over 20k now sold, RFL hoping for 23k.[/QUOTE

23k for 2 semis? Where did we go wrong?

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=Coors;844964]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Just posted in another thread.

Over 20k now sold, RFL hoping for 23k.[/QUOTE

23k for 2 semis? Where did we go wrong?
    Tickets + travel + food makes it expensive for a lot of people,more so in the current economic climate. 2 venues nearer the teams involved would of made far more sense. HW for ours and maybe Doncaster for the other.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

[QUOTE=brook;844966]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coors View Post

Tickets + travel + food makes it expensive for a lot of people,more so in the current economic climate. 2 venues nearer the teams involved would of made far more sense. HW for ours and maybe Doncaster for the other.
    A final in three weeks isn't helpful either. I know sometimes Rugby League fans want everything for nothing sometimes, but I can see why people who have to pick and choose are potentially saving money for a final in a few weeks

Got A Season Ticket

It’s the same issue all the time. We sell the event too short, 3 games on one day and might reach 20k. It’s a joke.
    Did you see the Twitter feed for the cup this week? Wrong time and wrong date on it. Hopelessly marketed.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coors View Post
    It’s the same issue all the time. We sell the event too short, 3 games on one day and might reach 20k. It’s a joke.
    Did you see the Twitter feed for the cup this week? Wrong time and wrong date on it. Hopelessly marketed.
    I saw one tweet , John Bateman and Jodie Cunnigham had been on the radio ...they put down Cunnigham plays for Leeds...when shes sitting there in a Saints shirt.

Got A Season Ticket

North tap room 5 mins walk from station then Uber to the ground. Looking forward to it!

Got A Season Ticket

Think it's time to bin off this double header crap . Elland Rd capacity 37800 or thereabouts . Claims of 23k are fantasy hardly anyone there for either game and very few coming early for the 1st game or staying for the second . Get back to separate games at smaller stadiums , looks crap on tv all the swathes of empty seats

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    Think it's time to bin off this double header crap . Elland Rd capacity 37800 or thereabouts . Claims of 23k are fantasy hardly anyone there for either game and very few coming early for the 1st game or staying for the second . Get back to separate games at smaller stadiums , looks crap on tv all the swathes of empty seats
    Completely agree, TV company love it, so we just roll over and accept it.

We'd have had more at Warrington today, and it'd look a damn site better on TV

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

If they're going to have them, hold them at ideally a rugby stadium, or at a push a football one, with a capacity around 20-25k. Scarcity breeds demand. And full stadiums look better on TV.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

It would have sold out easily. I hate these double/triple headers. The semi finalists deserve the occasion to themselves - plus empty stadiums look awful on TV.

I believe the BBC insisted and said they would only televise one semi otherwise. In that case, they should have offered the other to channel 4 or Sky.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

We played a semi against Wigan at Wire back in 2012 or thereabouts and it only got 12k. But 12k there looks pretty full of course.

If you think that we got 17,800 on Good Friday that means about 7-8,000 (non ST holding Saints fans plus the Wigan allocation) bought tickets for what is essentially a traditional yet meaningless game in the grand scheme of things, but only a fraction of those will have bought a ticket for what is one of the biggest games of the season. I don’t think even playing it at Wire would have persuaded even half of those causal fans to go, yet they went on GF. I’m not sure how we’ve got a stage where we obviously enthuse casual fans about a game ten weeks into a league season where sixth gets you into the play offs, but do not enthuse them about a must win cup semi final.

Season ticket culture is a major reason, and lots spend a wedge before the year then don’t wish to spend money on extra games, which financially is fair enough, but I grew up in an era where everyone was feeling the pinch yet we still managed to take 10,000 plus to semi finals at Old Trafford and such places. Life has never been particularly fantastic financially for alot of the games core audience has it. Nowadays it’s different, SL has done well selling its semi-pointless regular season to fans as the main thing, and the RFL (aided by Sky’s anti-Cup propaganda of old) has done a shameful job selling our oldest and most prestigious cup competition.

Sign of the times, I don’t see it ever be repaired unfortunately, I think the Cup is dying before our eyes and we can blame whoever we like but deep down the fans of the game have allowed it to happen. Anyone watching yesterday who may have been interested in the game would have one logical thought, namely why should they care when thousands of fans of the two most famous clubs in the game couldn’t care either.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Sign of the times, I don’t see it ever be repaired unfortunately, I think the Cup is dying before our eyes and we can blame whoever we like but deep down the fans of the game have allowed it to happen. Anyone watching yesterday who may have been interested in the game would have one logical thought, namely why should they care when thousands of fans of the two most famous clubs in the game couldn’t care either.
    I agree with most of what you say but the neutral should have been interested because, despite the numbers and the ignominy of defeat, it was a good game from the casual viewer’s point of view. Having said that I’m worried that Huddersfield will travel to Tottenham with low numbers and that will look bad.

P.S. Good game because of the excitement our second half comeback should have generated, not because of a silky display of skill.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 8th May 2022 at 15:27. Reason: PS