Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Parking on Dunelm Mill carpark

Noooobie

Default Parking on Dunelm Mill carpark

Has anyone parked here on home games. Has anyone been fined

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    My old man and brother used to park there but apparently there's signs up now saying 2 hours parking max' (I think).

I don't know why the idiots who own the land don't just charge £3 for parking on matchdays and make a little bit instead of having an empty car park as most of the shops are closed. Any normal council would have a word as the club brings money to the town but our councillors are probably chasing fairies or smoking mushrooms in a hippy commune.
    The problem is that several of the shops stay open until 8pm, with a couple not closing until 10pm, so they would clearly not welcome a significant influx of fans’ cars before 8pm. As far as Council involvement is concerned, they have no influence whatsoever over the private sector landlord so I can’t see why they would waste their efforts, particularly when Council car parks generally are free on match days.

Learning All The Songs

Just ignore the fine nothing they can do
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

Those of us who need a disabled parking space would happily pay for a spot as close to the ground as possible. Only made one game this season cos can't get parked. Waste of a membership.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

We used to park there regularly up this year when regs came. We aren't disabled but both in 70s so walking a long way is a struggle.
    We've been fortunate so far in that we have had family members take us to and from games.

Somebody mentioned in an earlier thread that it is possible to book and pay for a space on Tesco, but availability could be a problem.
    Also it's a terrible car park to get away from.

Got A Season Ticket

We too are in our 70's and sadly my husband has dementia
    He has supported his beloved saints since the 60's. We hoped that going to games would encourage his memories but sadly thus is not happening, we can't get a parking place.

I think parking is the only thing Saints got wrong with the stadium apart from the cladding obviously ��

Parked at the stadium at Hudds couple of weeks ago - at £5 per car x approx 500 cars, it is nice income for the club across the season

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Anyone any idea what the big building opposite main reception is gonna be?

Starting A Programme Collection

yes the new glass technology centre

Got A Season Ticket

I used to park on there but not since cameras went up. On another point, I received from saints last week an email saying survey to fill in for travelling to matches. Did anyone else receive this and send back. I’m wondering if a lot of people have been contacting the club over lack of parking and they’re looking to doing something.

Noooobie

Default Parking on Dunelm Mill carpark

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    I used to park on there but not since cameras went up. On another point, I received from saints last week an email saying survey to fill in for travelling to matches. Did anyone else receive this and send back. I’m wondering if a lot of people have been contacting the club over lack of parking and they’re looking to doing something.

Noooobie

Yes we got it and replied. Thanks for your comments. We are both late 70s and been watching saints for over 60 year but both now bad on our feet . Used Dunelm last two years but now walking from fingerpost. May be last season ticket.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by palval View Post
    Has anyone parked here on home games. Has anyone been fined
    I am parking there tonight .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I'd just be careful - there's some good advice here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/re...rking-tickets/

Some of these companies are now following up with court action for breach of contract, they've recently had their practices tightened up

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs of it nor do I particularly want to but I'm sure the council could apply some pressure if they chose to. Myself, I'll just park there as and when I need to on match day, they can't enforce the fines anyway so I suggest everyone who needs/wants to park there and ignore the letters.
    Councils don't have any pressure to apply.

These car park management companies are operating all over the country, they carefully work within the law. If they got any communication from St Helens Council their first reaction would be, Who???

They call their charges a "fine" but it is just a fee, by all means ignore but be aware that you may get a CJJ against you for the unpaid bill.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Councils don't have any pressure to apply.

These car park management companies are operating all over the country, they carefully work within the law. If they got any communication from St Helens Council their first reaction would be, Who???

They call their charges a "fine" but it is just a fee, by all means ignore but be aware that you may get a CJJ against you for the unpaid bill.
    Quite a few years ago I had one of those parking management companies who were quite agressive and I was very much aggrivated that the parking sign was about 15 feet up on a wall with the text not quite big enough to read the small print. I refused to pay and they sent a threatening letter to go to court, in the end I sent my fine/charge by parcel post by superglueing a cheque to a house brick, they cashed brick and cheque at their bank.

The parking area was next door to the Griffin (ex Billy Boston) Pub in Wigan but I think the parking is run by the council now.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Quite a few years ago I had one of those parking management companies who were quite agressive and I was very much aggrivated that the parking sign was about 15 feet up on a wall with the text not quite big enough to read the small print. I refused to pay and they sent a threatening letter to go to court, in the end I sent my fine/charge by parcel post by superglueing a cheque to a house brick, they cashed brick and cheque at their bank.

The parking area was next door to the Griffin (ex Billy Boston) Pub in Wigan but I think the parking is run by the council now.
    My son fell foul of the parking at Starbucks at Windle Island. He was meeting a rep from a supplier who arrived late so he went beyond the permitted time.
    He had borrowed my car so the bill was sent to me. I was annoyed over it when I checked the rules even if you are there as a customer the charged still apply if you go over time.
    I intended to write a snotty letter and fight them but on consideration I got in touch with Starbucks via twitter, they were very helpful and asked me to email receipt and parking notice to the store manager and he got it quashed.

But generally they've got you by the b*lls

Learning All The Songs

Quite a few fans still seem to be using this car park today.

They could have been away fans who were unaware of the rules

Does anyone know if the car park restrictions are being enforced.

Banned

As an aside, a combination of the council, Highways Agency and retailers/retails parks seem to be making it a lot harder to park in a moderately convenient place to go watch the game.

Will this have an impact on Saints attendances going forwards?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    As an aside, a combination of the council, Highways Agency and retailers/retails parks seem to be making it a lot harder to park in a moderately convenient place to go watch the game.

Will this have an impact on Saints attendances going forwards?
    I'm not sure what else the council can do,they open all their car parks. The retail park carpark is privately owned and is there for the shops,quite a few are open late,so why should they want non shoppers parking there ?

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Just cover your reg up on entrance to the carpark. ;-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I'm not sure what else the council can do,they open all their car parks. The retail park carpark is privately owned and is there for the shops,quite a few are open late,so why should they want non shoppers parking there ?

Was more meaning they're bollarding the kerbs along Sutton Road to stop cars parking. There's also increasing yellow-lining. There's no council car park within a 5-10 minute walk.

I can understand Tesco to a certain degree, as it was getting too bad there with too many people taking the p*ss (it was fine the first several years because there were only a certain number of cars but, as word spread, the sheer numbers spoiled it for everyone).

Almost all the shops on the Dunelm retail park are closed by KO time, and it was never a problem anyway in terms of numbers. Retail parks will sell the rights to operate the car park to parasitic parking cowboys, who will try every trick to extract cash from parkers if given half a chance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Thats what tea towels are for

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar