Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 21 man squad v Salford

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    There’s no way that Welsby will receive a ban for kicking the ball as there’s mitigating factors. If you’re careering towards the advertising hoardings at pace the last thing you need is a ball you need to avoid to complicate things. He kicked it out of the way to make it safer for himself

Plus IIRC the ball boys threw a replacement ball to Salford as the first one went dead
    That was my way of thinking he just hoofedot out of the way before clashing with the hoarding. Kendall didn't show any parity, Welsby kicked the ball into an empty part of the East Stand, result yellow card. Later Escare threw the ball at Saints fans in a packed West stand, result nothing.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    That was my way of thinking he just hoofedot out of the way before clashing with the hoarding. Kendall didn't show any parity, Welsby kicked the ball into an empty part of the East Stand, result yellow card. Later Escare threw the ball at Saints fans in a packed West stand, result nothing.
    The yellow card was for preventing a quick 20m restart not for simply kicking the ball into the stand. It’s a petty rule like a yellow card for taking your shirt off in football but by the letter of the law it is a sim binning (I don’t think Welsby kicked it away to prevent the quick restart it was more in frustration/getting it out of his way as he was avoiding the advertising board but Kendall technically got it right according to the laws).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by macca24 View Post
    The yellow card was for preventing a quick 20m restart not for simply kicking the ball into the stand. It’s a petty rule like a yellow card for taking your shirt off in football but by the letter of the law it is a sim binning (I don’t think Welsby kicked it away to prevent the quick restart it was more in frustration/getting it out of his way as he was avoiding the advertising board but Kendall technically got it right according to the laws).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It appeared he instinctly kicked it out of the way as he was heading into the hoardings, I don't think in a split second he was thinking of delaying a restart when impact with the hoardings followed. Like Retro74 already mentioned there were mitigating factors and the disciplinary will see that and might on reflection think it was a harsh call to be a yellow.

In The South Stand

If any team can cope with makeshift halves it’s us.

Come on you Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=Blobbynator;844437]Unfortunately, I think Lomax injury will be alot worse than a knock. Our season could be well and truly derailed if he's out long term as the rumours are suggesting.[/QUOTE

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh mate it didn’t sound good. I was just trying to be optimistic :/
    just heard season long injury.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Oh no. We need a radical rethink. Davies or Sironen to half back with Welsby. Hopoate and, in a few weeks Benison at fullback if Hopoate can stay well.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    If thats true then questions need to be asked why he was allowed to play 24mins with basically one arm knowng there was a semi final next week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

It would be quite funny if it’s a smokescreen, he’s fine and trots out next week. Dream on, me.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

WARNING! PIE EATER!

We don’t need halves to beat Wigan, we could play with 2 props at 6 and 7 and we’d walk it. All you need to do is batter Field and that’s them done. They’re in a totally false position and it’ll actually be pretty satisfying to smash them with no halfbacks next week.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by ScouseMick View Post
    We don’t need halves to beat Wigan, we could play with 2 props at 6 and 7 and we’d walk it. All you need to do is batter Field and that’s them done. They’re in a totally false position and it’ll actually be pretty satisfying to smash them with no halfbacks next week.
    Lomax doesn’t just create scoring opportunities, he’s extraordinarily effective in defence. We’ll miss him and I’m not as confident as you and others if he’s a long term absentee along with Dodd. I hope you’re right I really do but it’s a much harder ask now than it was before.

I don’t think Field is afraid to take hard tackles. We need more than that to keep him in check.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Lomax doesn’t just create scoring opportunities, he’s extraordinarily effective in defence. We’ll miss him and I’m not as confident as you and others if he’s a long term absentee along with Dodd. I hope you’re right I really do but it’s a much harder ask now than it was before.

I don’t think Field is afraid to take hard tackles. We need more than that to keep him in check.
    If we’re looking for a halfback to be defensively efficient though, we may as well stick James Bell at stand off (ban aside). We don’t need creativity against Wigan, we just need to do our thing. Run hard, tackle hard and roll over the top of them as usual. They are bang average, I’ve not seen a game involving them this season where they’ve won by actually being impressive. It’s been poor ref calls or lazy defenders letting Field walk through who has got them any points. I actually don’t see much difference from last season, other than them having a fast full back. Imagine us being nervous of a team containing Thornley, Bibby and Singleton. It’ll take more than the loss of a couple of halfbacks to get me sweating. I’ll go is by 20 due to the absences, had it not been for the two injuries, I’d have gone us by 30-40.

Learning All The Songs

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/watch...-devils-52528/

Watch Morgan track back for game saving tackle in last few minutes??????????

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by ScouseMick View Post
    If we’re looking for a halfback to be defensively efficient though, we may as well stick James Bell at stand off (ban aside). We don’t need creativity against Wigan, we just need to do our thing. Run hard, tackle hard and roll over the top of them as usual. They are bang average, I’ve not seen a game involving them this season where they’ve won by actually being impressive. It’s been poor ref calls or lazy defenders letting Field walk through who has got them any points. I actually don’t see much difference from last season, other than them having a fast full back. Imagine us being nervous of a team containing Thornley, Bibby and Singleton. It’ll take more than the loss of a couple of halfbacks to get me sweating. I’ll go is by 20 due to the absences, had it not been for the two injuries, I’d have gone us by 30-40.
    I hope you’re right. I’ve been optimistic so far this season but the injuries to Dodd and Lomax have let my pessimistic nature get the better of me. In an odd sort of way it would be funny to beat Wigan without any recognised halfbacks.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I hope you’re right. I’ve been optimistic so far this season but the injuries to Dodd and Lomax have let my pessimistic nature get the better of me. In an odd sort of way it would be funny to beat Wigan without any recognised halfbacks.
    It's happened before!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DewiSant View Post
    It's happened before!
    The stress of another 2014 wouldn’t be good for me!

Got A Season Ticket

I see Watkins has had his grade B late hit on kicker reduced to an A (1 match reduced to 0 basically) on appeal.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    I see Watkins has had his grade B late hit on kicker reduced to an A (1 match reduced to 0 basically) on appeal.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Farce

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/watch...-devils-52528/

Watch Morgan track back for game saving tackle in last few minutes??????????
    Brilliant tackle in tracking back showing what commitment and conditioning he has. His technique and physique are not ideal for cover tackling, looked like he hurt his extended shoulder, hope it is just a stinger as he has already had shoulder reconstructions on both.