Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injury/suspension update?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    If so he should not be paid for those weeks. He’s been banned for more games than he has played, ridiculous!
    Bit of an over reaction, rugby league has gone soft, fans are going with it. Attacking playmakers off the ball should be outlawed and it has been. Catching someone high is a penalty, maybe even a sin bin. A three match ban as some are eluding to here just shows where the game is heading. It’s a high tackle and nothing more, should be no ban.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Bit of an over reaction, rugby league has gone soft, fans are going with it. Attacking playmakers off the ball should be outlawed and it has been. Catching someone high is a penalty, maybe even a sin bin. A three match ban as some are eluding to here just shows where the game is heading. It’s a high tackle and nothing more, should be no ban.
    With direct impact to the head protocol it’s usually a 1 match ban. The problem with Sironen he is doing it almost in every game he plays so he is on a ban accrual now.

I can’t remember if he has had more than 2 consecutive games played for us yet, he’s very much a liability now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I agree with you, but the disciplinary probably have a different view. Perhaps if we lost a few more games and were no longer top, we might get away with a bit more.

Learning All The Songs

won't be surprised if Sironen is banned even though the incident in question didn't even result in a penalty

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    won't be surprised if Sironen is banned even though the incident in question didn't even result in a penalty
    No bans from Saturday, just a caution for Hurrel for dangerous contact

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Sironen dodged a bullet there.

Time for him to spend sometime on the field and build on the good things he has done when on it.

Bateman lucky re the cheap shot on Passi.

Embarrassment of riches then in the forwards for Friday with Bell also being available.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Embarrassment of riches then in the forwards for Friday with Bell also being available.
    AW to be rested? Not been himself for a few games now

I think KW will play his strongest team on Friday. He will want to put a marker down about going all out for another GF win. The team needs to show its over Saturday and ready to go again.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

I wouldn’t him to rest anyone now. They’ll get a rest in a couple of weeks and they need to play themselves into form.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Didn't expect that, everytime i see Sironen tackle near the head I always think disciplinary panel. Now that we are not in the challenge cup final maybe they will show a bit of leniency and parity.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Depends whether he’s carrying an injury or just a little bit out of sorts. If it’s an injury I might be tempted to rest him against Hull so he can be 100% fit for Warrington. If he’s not injured then he needs to play, give him a chance to regain that form.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Didn't expect that, everytime i see Sironen tackle near the head I always think disciplinary panel. Now that we are not in the challenge cup final maybe they will show a bit of leniency and parity.
    It was a straight forward high tackle. The hysteria over Sironen and how he will be banned every time he makes a tackle is laughable. Was never a ban and rightly so hasn’t even been considered.

In The South Stand

I must have misssed that Wooly, when did that contact happen?

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I wouldn’t him to rest anyone now. They’ll get a rest in a couple of weeks and they need to play themselves into form.
    I agree with you, but not if they have injuries. Walmsley doesn't seem right and Lomax really could do some very serious damage if he keeps on playing. I know we have the medical staff and only they know how to treat the players but playing someone with an injury to the bicep seems a bit mad to me. Surely it needs rest, if not an op.
    I understand we are light in covering the halfbacks but we have to look after the players.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I must have misssed that Wooly, when did that contact happen?
    According to the RFL website it was a late hit after the ball had been passed, doesn't mention what minute or which Wigan player was involved, must confess I've already deleted the game and don't want to relive it again!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm sure the medical staff at Saint's won't risk playing an injured player if they weren't 100% certain that he wouldn't make it worse, and certainly not in the current climate regarding player safety
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............