Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Nrl 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    I remember for a brief period in this country, teams doing this. Probably back in the 80s I think, where the fullbacks had a bit of a kicking contest, booting it as far as they could back n forth until one gained ground. It felt a bit Union-like at the time, but did add a bit of interest and excitement. I wonder if someone else will try this now, having seen Latrell do it.
    I remember seeing this kicking by the full backs and I had a season of not going to any games because it spoilt the game for me.

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Angus Crichton not being able to return hurt the Roosters too. Losing Tupou as well.

I see what you're saying on Suaalii but he s only 19 and I'm sure he will be a great full back with time. That is his position by all accounts. Tedesco's passing game has been developed over a number of years now.

I thought the game descended in to a bit of a farce for the reasons you point out- the sin bins, the HIAs. A shame because they came after a really strong start to the game.

What did you make of Latrell Mitchell's kick return early on? Don't recall seeing that before. In RL anyway!
    https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/15...DSpcOf1MUrAAAA
    The guy is going to be a superstar, that's a certainty, but there was talk of Roosters getting rid of Tedesco by the end of next season because Union are going to offer $$$$$. Tedesco is still the best FB in the world (IMO) so I think that it's premature to suggest anything like that and he should be taking his time on the wing learning from one of the best.

The Mitchell kick was very weird and almost cost a try. I also got fed up with the Rabbitohs (Mitchell mainly) refusing to play the ball until the bunker had a look at potential foul play. It paid off for them to be fair.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    The guy is going to be a superstar, that's a certainty, but there was talk of Roosters getting rid of Tedesco by the end of next season because Union are going to offer $$$$$. Tedesco is still the best FB in the world (IMO) so I think that it's premature to suggest anything like that and he should be taking his time on the wing learning from one of the best.

The Mitchell kick was very weird and almost cost a try. I also got fed up with the Rabbitohs (Mitchell mainly) refusing to play the ball until the bunker had a look at potential foul play. It paid off for them to be fair.
    I agree, Tedesco is still the best full back in the sport. Though he does have challengers to his crown...I'm a big admirer of Dylan Edwards, who I think is underrated and when Tommy Turbo and Ryan Papenhuyzen are fit, they're also very, very good. Ponga as well. Not sure he will reach his full potential mind, being at the Knights for the next 5 years.

I do think Roosters will have a decision to make in a year or so...

Tedesco is contracted to end of 2024. He will be 30 by the time next season starts.

Suaalii is contracted to end of 2023. He'll only just be turning 20 then.

They also have Joseph Manu let's not forget, who I think could make an elite full back too. Somewhat wasted at centre. He's contracted to end of 2024 and will be 28 at that time.

Let's see what happens. I think for them all to stay at the Roosters, the cap will need to be increased to keep them all.

I just hope Suaalii stays in the RL, that's the main thing.

Latrell is also one I'd add to the list of one of the best full backs. He can be guilty of gamesmanship shall we say and he can let his emotions get the better of him, but he has so much natural ability. His goal kicking has really come on, he was brilliant with that today.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

End of season awards have been handed out in the NRL today...

Nicho Hynes won the Dally M/player of the year. He has been very good for the Sharks.

This is the team of the year- https://twitter.com/NRL/status/15750...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Can't really argue with any of the selections...Cleary's 5 match suspension no doubt cost him his spot.

Worth remembering that Suaalii and Nanai are both just 19 years old!

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Unbelievable first half hour from the Panthers.

In The South Stand

A near perfect half from Penrith. Superb performance so far.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Penrith are lethal.

Learning All The Songs

Penrith are on another level at the minute, deservedly back to back NRL champions.

A Parramatta fan must have got to Penriths Wikipedia page, the first paragraph is now:

The Penrith Panthers are an Australian professional rugby league football club based in the western Sydney suburb of Penrith that competes in the NRL. The team is based 55 km (34 mi) west of the centre of Sydney, at the foot of the Blue Mountains. Penrith are the current reigning NRL Premiers, having won the title three times. Recently added to Australia's protected species list, due to the recent efforts of Ashley Klien, Grant Atkins and the National Rugby League.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I’d like to think we would beat Penrith but it will be tough. We would do well against a number of nrl teams but Penrith are a level above probably every other nrl team. Like us they enjoy the grind and really suffocate teams. Parramatta only missed a few tackles in that first half but it was all that Penrith needed to hurt them.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I’d like to think we would beat Penrith but it will be tough. We would do well against a number of nrl teams but Penrith are a level above probably every other nrl team. Like us they enjoy the grind and really suffocate teams. Parramatta only missed a few tackles in that first half but it was all that Penrith needed to hurt them.

Their best beats our best by 12-18 points over here I think Fishy.

But I'd love to have a crack at them. Me I mean. Throw me in

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Being realistic we’d do well to get within 20 IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Being realistic we’d do well to get within 20 IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True they are all class and another level above but would love to see The Panthers play at the TWS

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    True they are all class and another level above but would love to see The Panthers play at the TWS
    Me too but after a World Cup in which the majority of their players are involved I can't see them making any kind of effort to play the game and especially not over here before the start of the NRL season.

Would be amazing for our boys to test themselves against the very best.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    Me too but after a World Cup in which the majority of their players are involved I can't see them making any kind of effort to play the game and especially not over here before the start of the NRL season.

Would be amazing for our boys to test themselves against the very best.
    Yep I think I heard Phil Gould say something like it will be the shortest off season ever due to the World Cup and more games being played in the nrl next year. Unless we decide to travel and play Penrith at there place I don’t think the WCC will happen.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Panthers looked comfortably better than the Eels today and overall have again been the best team in the competition this year.

Made the GF for the last 3 years now and will have a good chance of making it next year. I think there's a stat that they've won 68 of their last 79 games or something like that.

Viliame Kikau and Api koroisau will take some replacing but Andrew Johns said on the commentary that their juniors have won the U18 & U20 competitions this year too, so chances are they have some more talent coming through.

A word on Dylan Edwards... I've said before that he can go under the radar but he is one of the best full backs in the NRL and pleased he won MoM.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Panthers are clearly the dominant NRL club and Saints are clearly the dominant Super League club. Even if we got spanked it’ll be a crying shame if we didn’t get to have a world club challenge between us.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Panthers are clearly the dominant NRL club and Saints are clearly the dominant Super League club. Even if we got spanked it’ll be a crying shame if we didn’t get to have a world club challenge between us.
    I agree. Think Saints may need to go down to Australia to make it happen before the start of next season mind.

On a different note... there's been a festival of the community game down there over the weekend. A mix of amateur players, plus former and current NRL stars. Look who's been playing- https://twitter.com/thenrlroast/stat...36664736350208 By all accounts, he's still got it!