Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nrl 2022

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’ll take your word for it on the NRL as I don’t get a chance to watch much. However in all 3 origins last year and the match this year To’o played left wing.
    You're correct on To'o playing the Origin games on the left and including this year, just gone back and had a quick look at the footage... He was named to play on the right though. He definitely is playing on the right for Panthers at the moment and Tupou plays on the left for the Roosters.

Anyway, looking forward to game 2 on Sunday and NZ vs Tonga on Saturday!
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    You're correct on To'o playing the Origin games on the left and including this year, just gone back and had a quick look at the footage... He was named to play on the right though. He definitely is playing on the right for Panthers at the moment and Tupou plays on the left for the Roosters.

Anyway, looking forward to game 2 on Sunday and NZ vs Tonga on Saturday!
    I think either way we both agree Addo-Carr should be in ahead of Tupou.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

I think either way we both agree Addo-Carr should be in ahead of Tupou.
    Did you see the game today/Origin 2? Thought it was a great game to watch! NSW ran away with it in the end but not a lot between the two sides I don't think. The sin binning of Kaufusi really hurt QLD in terms of energy levels in the second half. Highlights here- https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/26/...ues-v-maroons/

The key players for NSW stood up and Cleary especially was outstanding. Tedesco too. Like Manu for NZ yesterday, just always willing to run the ball and so difficult to put down.

Burton was great on debut in the centres. A bit of a dilemma if Mitchell is fit for the decider.

And be fair to Tupou he was very good today and deserves to keep his spot for Origin 3. To'o definitely played on the left as well!

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Also thought our Ashley wasn't bad, considering the clowns we have here now.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

I was loving it up to HT but that second half was a one sided affair

Actually thought NSW looked the stronger outfit in game 1 but didn’t quite believe in themselves

The decider is a must watch! Might book the day off as I just know I’ll have loads of meetings when it’s on

Starting A Programme Collection

Did you see the game today/Origin 2? Thought it was a great game to watch! NSW ran away with it in the end but not a lot between the two sides I don't think. The sin binning of Kaufusi really hurt QLD in terms of energy levels in the second half. Highlights here- https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/26/...ues-v-maroons/

The key players for NSW stood up and Cleary especially was outstanding. Tedesco too. Like Manu for NZ yesterday, just always willing to run the ball and so difficult to put down.

Burton was great on debut in the centres. A bit of a dilemma if Mitchell is fit for the decider.

And be fair to Tupou he was very good today and deserves to keep his spot for Origin 3. To'o definitely played on the left as well!
    I thought the sin binning spoiled the game. Probably was going to happen anyway as QLD were hanging on, but would have expected some kind of warning in Origin. I think the outcome would have been the same but not that scoreline. Not sure if Mitchell will be back but what about Wighton, who was the NSW best player in game 1? The changes in the NSW seemed to have a positive effect and I thought that Cotter was a huge miss for QLD. Can't wait for 3!

Just caught up on it now. NSW got a lot more out of their pack this time and it gave them the platform to dominate. Queensland looked more lethargic from the very start and had no match for NSW’s energy. Very difficult to change a winning team, especially one that has absolutely dominated.

On a side note, how big is Burton’s boot? I don’t think I’ve seen a kick go that high in either code! Certainly brings an extra dimension to the kicking game.

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    I thought the sin binning spoiled the game. Probably was going to happen anyway as QLD were hanging on, but would have expected some kind of warning in Origin. I think the outcome would have been the same but not that scoreline. Not sure if Mitchell will be back but what about Wighton, who was the NSW best player in game 1? The changes in the NSW seemed to have a positive effect and I thought that Cotter was a huge miss for QLD. Can't wait for 3!
    Queensland were giving away 6 agains left right and centre. Kaufusi was guilty of a few then lying on too the point of it being ridiculous after just giving away another 6 again was just stupid. The yellow card was justified and the only realistic way to stop Queensland repeat offending.

Just caught up on it now. NSW got a lot more out of their pack this time and it gave them the platform to dominate. Queensland looked more lethargic from the very start and had no match for NSW’s energy. Very difficult to change a winning team, especially one that has absolutely dominated.

On a side note, how big is Burton’s boot? I don’t think I’ve seen a kick go that high in either code! Certainly brings an extra dimension to the kicking game.

Queensland were giving away 6 agains left right and centre. Kaufusi was guilty of a few then lying on too the point of it being ridiculous after just giving away another 6 again was just stupid. The yellow card was justified and the only realistic way to stop Queensland repeat offending.
    I Agree. Use of the sin bin is a way to stop the players repeatedly holding down in the tackle and so slowing down the play the ball. A faster game is a better game!

Burton is quality and he's another pivot/playmaker playing in the centres- his preferred position is 6. Much like Mitchell's is 1 and Turbo's is 1. Wighton is a 6 or 1. Something in that I think, having so many ball players in the side. Then in the forwards, there's Isaah Yeo who's a great passer and Jake Trbojevic too, who was also very good.

QLD have injury concerns over Munster and Ponga who are two of their best and they don't have the depth that NSW can call on. I think NSW will win game 3 now. Even though it's in Brisbane. I actually think the anticipated drier track will play in to their hands as well.

I was just wondering why it went straight from six agains, to a yellow card without a penalty being awarded, or did I miss one? Not saying it's outrageous but unusual, I thought.

I was just wondering why it went straight from six agains, to a yellow card without a penalty being awarded, or did I miss one? Not saying it's outrageous but unusual, I thought.
    There was 3 different attacks in close succession where there was repeat 6 agains and it essentially became a professional foul. I think people have forgotten that 6 agains are in fact for penalty offences, it’s just designed to stop the defence using penalties to slow the game down and let the attacking team keep their momentum. If a team gives away 3 penalties in 30 seconds on their own line you’d not be surprised at a sin bin so why should it be any different for 6 agains?

There was 3 different attacks in close succession where there was repeat 6 agains and it essentially became a professional foul. I think people have forgotten that 6 agains are in fact for penalty offences, it’s just designed to stop the defence using penalties to slow the game down and let the attacking team keep their momentum. If a team gives away 3 penalties in 30 seconds on their own line you’d not be surprised at a sin bin so why should it be any different for 6 agains?
    I see your point...I think I've fooled myself into thinking a six again was for a 'lesser' offence because they are mainly for ruck offences/offsides but, of course, they would still be still penalties. I never had any qualms about Kaufusi actually deserving a yellow btw, if it was against Saints I would have been screaming for it.

The Sharkies 20-0 up against Melbourne at the moment, they've had a great first half!

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    The Sharkies 20-0 up against Melbourne at the moment, they've had a great first half!
    Bellamy's head might explode!

Bellamy's head might explode!
    I think you may be right! Might need to repaint the away dressing room at Cronulla after this one!

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Didn't get much better for the Storm in the second half either. Two poor performances in a row, though they're missing quite a few at the moment which won't be helping. I still see them as the biggest threat to Panther's going back to back.

Got A Replica Shirt

Didn't get much better for the Storm in the second half either. Two poor performances in a row, though they're missing quite a few at the moment which won't be helping. I still see them as the biggest threat to Panther's going back to back.
    Not getting any better after the game for them either ! Brandon Smith looking to be in big trouble. His yellow card was for calling the referee a "cheating b@stard" - clearly picked up on the Fox audio. He's been referred straight to the tribunal for sentence.

Got A Season Ticket

State of origin 3..WOW. Just WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Won't mention the score in case it's a spoiler but that game ranks right up there. What about the first 2 minutes? You just didn't dare blink tonight in case you missed something.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post

One of the best games I've seen in all my years watching RL. Absolutely brutal, had everything

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

One of the best games in years that. Unreal.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

What a game!! Is it any wonder though when they continue to produce the quality of players they do, and the passion the players have to pull on that shirt (dare I say more than pulling on the green and gold?).
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Got A Replica Shirt

Cannot agree more with the last 5 comments - that was special. From minute one to minute 80 that was an absolute classic. Even managed to "bring back the biff" at one point !

Learning All The Songs

Absolutely fantastic game, the quality and intensity outstanding, first 2 minutes of both halves carnage.

I agree SOO 3 was pretty special. A different level of intensity.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Whittle Hall Saint View Post
    Cannot agree more with the last 5 comments - that was special. From minute one to minute 80 that was an absolute classic. Even managed to "bring back the biff" at one point !
    The game was a war of attrition and that played in to QLD hands. The biff was another example of that. Fair play to QLD because they were down to 15 men for most of the game. Could be argued it's good for the integrity of the competition that QLD won too.

Talakai made some poor errors for NSW- the incorrect play the ball and the loose carry. He'd only been on the field for about 10 mins, so can't blame them on fatigue. NSW struggled for field position and didn't look like they could score from their own half. Missing Mitchell and Turbo Tom through injury of course, but Addo-Carr wasn't selected. When both teams went down to 12, there was plenty of space on the edges.