Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nrl 2022

Learning All The Songs

Thats an absolute horrible looking injury to Bradman Best, so innocuous how he did it, puts his arm down to brace his fall and his elbow goes. On another note Farnworth looks good for Brisbane and Newcastle have an English winger who used to play for Huddersfield, had a good couple of runs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Thats an absolute horrible looking injury to Bradman Best, so innocuous how he did it, puts his arm down to brace his fall and his elbow goes. On another note Farnworth looks good for Brisbane and Newcastle have an English winger who used to play for Huddersfield, had a good couple of runs.
    Dom Young. Been going really well this year, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him called up for the World Cup squad.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Dom Young. Been going really well this year, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him called up for the World Cup squad.
    Be interesting to see if he gets the call. He qualifies for Jamaica too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSL View Post
    Be interesting to see if he gets the call. He qualifies for Jamaica too.
    He shouldn’t get an international jersey simply because he plays in the nrl though. All the pundits wrote off England in the 2018 test series against the kiwis because we were missing umpteen nrl players. We wrapped up the series after 2 tests making the third test a dead rubber.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He shouldn’t get an international jersey simply because he plays in the nrl though. All the pundits wrote off England in the 2018 test series against the kiwis because we were missing umpteen nrl players. We wrapped up the series after 2 tests making the third test a dead rubber.
    I’m suggesting his form is good enough to warrant selection and, with him being 6’7 and rapid, would give us another dimension in attack. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a centre/wing partnership of Farnworth/Young on one side and Percival/Makinson on the other.

I’m suggesting his form is good enough to warrant selection and, with him being 6’7 and rapid, would give us another dimension in attack. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a centre/wing partnership of Farnworth/Young on one side and Percival/Makinson on the other.
    Yeh mate I’m not saying he isn’t good enough. I’m just saying he shouldn’t get a shirt JUST because he plays in the NRL.
    A few weeks back i heard an Aussie pundit refer to him as Jamaican representative. So maybe he has already decided he’s going to represent Jamaica. Do they have a team?

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh mate I’m not saying he isn’t good enough. I’m just saying he shouldn’t get a shirt JUST because he plays in the NRL.
    A few weeks back i heard an Aussie pundit refer to him as Jamaican representative. So maybe he has already decided he’s going to represent Jamaica. Do they have a team?
    Yes they do. In the same group as New Zealand, Ireland and Lebanon at the World Cup. Wane has already mentioned him as someone he is looking at, I imagine if he doesn’t make the England squad for the World Cup he’ll play for Jamaica, can always swap after the tournament.

Yes they do. In the same group as New Zealand, Ireland and Lebanon at the World Cup. Wane has already mentioned him as someone he is looking at, I imagine if he doesn’t make the England squad for the World Cup he’ll play for Jamaica, can always swap after the tournament.
    Ahhh right. Cool. Fair play to him. He’s earned an international jersey. He’s been good for Newcastle this last 18 months

Got A Season Ticket

Awsome last minute kick from moses to win the game for my birthtown Parra

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Dom Young has some real speed... Not sure if anyone else can recall the game last week in the magic round when Addo-Carr/the fox went to turn on the afterburners and take him on his outside shoulder, Young managed to catch him and drag him down

This is it here actually- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTKpJivBWj0

I wouldn't be surprised to see Farnworth in there either, he's really doing well and whilst off contract end of the season, think he'd only come to SL for family reasons. Broncos want to keep him and Bennett has said he wants him at the Dolphins. Apparently Farnworth's preferred side is on the right, but he can't play there at Brisbane because of Staggs.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Nu Brown had a good game for Wests. After his injury issues pleased for him.

Starting A Programme Collection

Despite him playing for the enemy, I’m pleased to see Hastings doing so well at the Tigers. Always thought he spoke well and he was always complimentary about Lomax, saying he was the League’s best player in his MoS year. He’s obviously matured a LOT from his first stint in the NRL.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Despite him playing for the enemy, I’m pleased to see Hastings doing so well at the Tigers. Always thought he spoke well and he was always complimentary about Lomax, saying he was the League’s best player in his MoS year. He’s obviously matured a LOT from his first stint in the NRL.
    I almost wished he had come to Saints when he left Salford.

He was lost behind a poor wigan pack. If he came to Saints and linked up with Lomax , i think we would have seen the very best of him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I almost wished he had come to Saints when he left Salford.

He was lost behind a poor wigan pack. If he came to Saints and linked up with Lomax , i think we would have seen the very best of him.
    I think you are right. And Playing with a winning team he may have still been here. However that would have stifled Dodd.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think you are right. And Playing with a winning team he may have still been here. However that would have stifled Dodd.
    I suspect he would have always returned to Aus, he seems very close with his family, leading to Dodd coming through as planned.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Justin Holbrook must be pulling his hair out. Titans went in at half time leading 24-4 against Brisbane Broncos. They had even survived a period with only 11 men on the field when 2 were sin binned. With 30 minutes to go Brisbane scored their next try to go to 24-10. From there Titans fell apart finally losing 35-24. The second tome this season they have lost a big lead.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Got A Season Ticket

Afraid to say that happens too often to be unlucky. To me it shows Holbrook doesn't learn from previous mistakes and shows a naivety to coaching at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Afraid to say that happens too often to be unlucky. To me it shows Holbrook doesn't learn from previous mistakes and shows a naivety to coaching at that level.
    Its sometimes like watching Saints when he was here. All class in attack but you always knew we would give away a fair amount as well.

Playing a "we'll score 2 to your 1" system doesnt really fit in the NRL.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Its sometimes like watching Saints when he was here. All class in attack but you always knew we would give away a fair amount as well.

Playing a "we'll score 2 to your 1" system doesnt really fit in the NRL.
    Gold Coast would be a decent side if they brought Woolf in for next year...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Justin Holbrook must be pulling his hair out. Titans went in at half time leading 24-4 against Brisbane Broncos. They had even survived a period with only 11 men on the field when 2 were sin binned. With 30 minutes to go Brisbane scored their next try to go to 24-10. From there Titans fell apart finally losing 35-24. The second tome this season they have lost a big lead.
    I loved JH when he was here, but he obviously cannot coach a defence not instill a discipline the way that KW has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Just watched the highlights...

I think the Titans have been brought back down to earth a little after making the finals last year and I'm not sure their roster is as strong as it could be. They've been over taken by Brisbane, Cronulla and NQL at least, it's looking like. As good as Fifita is, I don't think he's worth $1.2million on the cap. That's the same money as Nathan Clearly. And if you look at the key positions, I'm not sure there's enough there and they're all quite young and inexperienced at NRL level- Campbell (22), Brimson (23), Sexton (21), Clark (24). Probably why they've signed Foran for next year but think they need more than just Foran, so let's see what else they do. Will be difficult because of the big money tied up in the forwards.

On Brisbane, they do look to be on the rise and see Farnworth got another try and assist. I think I said the other day he was off contract for 2023 but he has re-signed though just for a year. Apparently he's said he wants to play full back. He'll have some competition for that spot, so see what happens. I think with his form, he will play for England in the world cup. It's just what position?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Just watched the highlights...

I think the Titans have been brought back down to earth a little after making the finals last year and I'm not sure their roster is as strong as it could be. They've been over taken by Brisbane, Cronulla and NQL at least, it's looking like. As good as Fifita is, I don't think he's worth $1.2million on the cap. That's the same money as Nathan Clearly. And if you look at the key positions, I'm not sure there's enough there and they're all quite young and inexperienced at NRL level- Campbell (22), Brimson (23), Sexton (21), Clark (24). Probably why they've signed Foran for next year but think they need more than just Foran, so let's see what else they do. Will be difficult because of the big money tied up in the forwards.

On Brisbane, they do look to be on the rise and see Farnworth got another try and assist. I think I said the other day he was off contract for 2023 but he has re-signed though just for a year. Apparently he's said he wants to play full back. He'll have some competition for that spot, so see what happens. I think with his form, he will play for England in the world cup. It's just what position?
    I would expect Farnworth to start at centre for England alongside Percival.

I would expect Farnworth to start at centre for England alongside Percival.
    I think that's most likely too. Though with Tomkins most likely to be full back, we've seen he has had his injury problems and there's quite a bit of rugby to be played before we get to October. I've never seen Farnworth play full back by the way, but you can see the ability he has more and more now for Brisbane and his influence on the game. Would be between Welsby and Farnsworth for full back then do you think, if anything happens to Tomkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    I think that's most likely too. Though with Tomkins most likely to be full back, we've seen he has had his injury problems and there's quite a bit of rugby to be played before we get to October. I've never seen Farnworth play full back by the way, but you can see his ability. Would be between Welsby and Farnsworth for full back then do you think, if anything happens to Tomkins?
    I don’t think Farnworth has played much 1st grade full back, would be too much of a risk to put him into full back for a World Cup. Welsby would be 2nd choice behind Tomkins for me but Wane has also named Evalds and Ratchford in his training squad, plus there’s always Connor.

I don’t think Farnworth has played much 1st grade full back, would be too much of a risk to put him into full back for a World Cup. Welsby would be 2nd choice behind Tomkins for me but Wane has also named Evalds and Ratchford in his training squad, plus there’s always Connor.
    I don't think Farnworth has played there at all Wee Waa, only remember him playing centre or wing in the NRL. Welsby offers even more flexibility, so can definitely see him being in or around the 17. Jake Connor's stats are impressive this year, assists especially. But he can lose his cool as we know and that can be quite costly. I've always rated Evalds at SL level, not sure at international. Ratchford similar.