Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Konrad Hurrell

Banned

Pile-ons always appear unseemly, especially when the person being piled on isn't being a knob or anything.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Pile-ons always appear unseemly, especially when the person being piled on isn't being a knob or anything.
    Agreed. Personally I think it's way premature to judge how KH will turn out, either way. But the concern raised by TRHP didn't seem to me to be absurd, and I'd be sorry if he/she decided to opt out. Seems to me that the kind of fan who lives 90 miles away but still does their best to get to as many games as he/she can is the kind who should feel welcome on here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    Ok whatever. I hope you'll be clinically dissecting every other post you disagree with in the same minute detail and drawing unfounded conclusions about the relevant posters. I just watched the match and gave my opinion. If your aim was to put me off participating in the forum you've succeeded.
    I wouldn't walk away over this. I don't think that you said anything wrong, you just had an opinion different to others. I don't know if you have posted elsewhere about Hurrel, but from this thread to there didn't seem any agenda.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

He's hardly been piled on. This is only page 2.

I think some people have used evidence to counter an opinion and some people don't like it when their opinion is not supported by the evidence.

Its very rare that all fans will have the same view unless there is a clearly abject performance.

Being a little below par when quite a few of the team were below par is not going to generate a thread which will reach a concensus.

Plenty have disagreed with me in the past, don't take it personally, they just have a different point of view.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    He's hardly been piled on. This is only page 2.

I think some people have used evidence to counter an opinion and some people don't like it when their opinion is not supported by the evidence.

Its very rare that all fans will have the same view unless there is a clearly abject performance.

Being a little below par when quite a few of the team were below par is not going to generate a thread which will reach a concensus.

Plenty have disagreed with me in the past, don't take it personally, they just have a different point of view.
    Very much so its when other posters challenge an opinion with evidential fact that sometimes it can look as though he or she is being piled on. For me its just a debate, it doesn't become that though when posters throw insults into the mix, once that happens in most cases I walk out of the room.

Not too sure could be way off, but I,m wondering by content TheRealHarryPinner is you know who!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

Not too sure could be way off, but I,m wondering by content TheRealHarryPinner is you know who!!!

Stevo?

Stevo?
    Doubt it. It didn't come accross as his style, and I don't know why he would need a second login.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Very much so its when other posters challenge an opinion with evidential fact that sometimes it can look as though he or she is being piled on. For me its just a debate, it doesn't become that though when posters throw insults into the mix, once that happens in most cases I walk out of the room.

This is very true, and maybe describing it as a pile on was an exaggeration. But it seems to me that only three games in there is precious little real 'evidence' either way, and I wouldn't like a genuine fan to be put off from posting an opinion that may yet turn out to be justified.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Doubt it. It didn't come accross as his style, and I don't know why he would need a second login.
    Definitely Angry Dave. Just his style.

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbredve View Post
    Definitely Angry Dave. Just his style.
    Dave wouldn’t have taken his ball home, he would have come out with both barrels.

Got A Season Ticket

Dave wouldn’t have taken his ball home, he would have come out with both barrels.
    There was a smidgeon of irony in my comment. It wouldn't have been Rogues. He'd have worked a comparison with Liam Farrell/John Bateman/Sam Powell (take your pick) into it, favourable to the pies.

Watching the match back on Saints TV, and reading Hurrell's statistics on here, I didn't think he was too bad in the majority of aspects. But as someone else said, surely no assessment is worth that much after only three rounds. He's got some charisma and seems a cheerful bloke. I noted when he bundled someone into touch and checked that said player was OK. I liked that.

Stevo?
    I left a bit of ground bait in my earlier post and the response was very ‘Angry Dave’ like.

There was a smidgeon of irony in my comment. It wouldn't have been Rogues. He'd have worked a comparison with Liam Farrell/John Bateman/Sam Powell (take your pick) into it, favourable to the pies.

Watching the match back on Saints TV, and reading Hurrell's statistics on here, I didn't think he was too bad in the majority of aspects. But as someone else said, surely no assessment is worth that much after only three rounds. He's got some charisma and seems a cheerful bloke. I noted when he bundled someone into touch and checked that said player was OK. I liked that.
    Agreed

I think the issue here is that it appears that the real Harry Pinner has created a thread to specifically criticise Hurrell. However reading his comments it seems that an innocuous post in another thread has somehow been turned into this one

If someone made a thread to slag off an individual players you could quite rightly claim that they had an agenda - he’s not done that though. He’s given his opinion on another thread and that’s something we’re all entitled to

FWIW I thought Hurrell was ok, didn’t do much wrong

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I don't think he was too bad, but around 60 minutes when he dropped a ball in our half his head went down, LMS went over to him to spur him on but he looked to be shattered. I think his best will come as bursts from the bench.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I think the issue here is that it appears that the real Harry Pinner has created a thread to specifically criticise Hurrell. However reading his comments it seems that an innocuous post in another thread has somehow been turned into this one

If someone made a thread to slag off an individual players you could quite rightly claim that they had an agenda - he’s not done that though. He’s given his opinion on another thread and that’s something we’re all entitled to

This is precisely my point, I didn't. I put a response on an old thread called Hurrell Confirmed where there was a range of opinions about whether this was a good signing including plenty of negative views.

Next thing I know my comment has been given its own new thread by someone. Whoever did this hasn't come out and said who they are and why they did it.

So now I'm someone who has started a new thread specifically to criticise Hurrell, I've got an agenda, I'm Stevo, I'm angry Dave, I'm rogues gallery, etc. My comment which when I made it reflected the views of many on the same thread is now being picked apart in forensic detail.

And you wonder why I "took my ball home"?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    This is precisely my point, I didn't. I put a response on an old thread called Hurrell Confirmed where there was a range of opinions about whether this was a good signing including plenty of negative views.

Next thing I know my comment has been given its own new thread by someone. Whoever did this hasn't come out and said who they are and why they did it.

So now I'm someone who has started a new thread specifically to criticise Hurrell, I've got an agenda, I'm Stevo, I'm angry Dave, I'm rogues gallery, etc. My comment which when I made it reflected the views of many on the same thread is now being picked apart in forensic detail.

And you wonder why I "took my ball home"?
    I'm glad you're back, TRHP. I do think everything got out of hand. I wasn't keen on the Hurrell signing but it's making things interesting, and I reckon he'll do better under Woolf than he did under Agar. The stuff about Stevo, Angry Dave and Rogues was just a bit of humour when things got heated. There's nothing much to read into that. We're all on the same side here...

I'm glad you're back, TRHP. I do think everything got out of hand. I wasn't keen on the Hurrell signing but it's making things interesting, and I reckon he'll do better under Woolf than he did under Agar. The stuff about Stevo, Angry Dave and Rogues was just a bit of humour when things got heated. There's nothing much to read into that. We're all on the same side here...
    I think that this sums it up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Really surprised me he's been better than expected and will improve with games although I expect he won't be in the first 13 when everyone is fit.A welcome addition for me.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

I agree.

It's great that we have such depth that a player like Hurrell probably doesn't get a starting spot when all are fit.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

He's definitely been better than expected. Being honest, I left last week thinking that Hurrell had another very decent game. The issues down the right side seemed to be due to those around him, and I can't remember him doing much wrong other than the silly offload to Simm.

He definitely offers something we haven't had previously. When he carries the ball he consistently attracts 4 defenders, there's only Walmsley that I can think of that attracts similar. Quite a few times in his first few games he has taken simple drives up in an exit set, attracted a few defenders and got a decent offload away which has resulted in big gains for that. I guess the downside of this is that it naturally means he's less mobile than other backs and doesn't have the same engine.

He's certainly surprised me with how well he has done - I think he is much closer to the starting 13 even at full strength than many people would have predicted

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Correct! Stevo has just the one account. I'm a busy man and so don't always have the chance to come on the forum and share my wisdom each day
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Banned

I wasn't being serious

I wasn't being serious
    It went over my head.

Wonder if Hurrell will miss the game next week after the yellow card yesterday.