Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints TV

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints TV

Looking like we will be getting rid of Sky Sports to save some money, so looking at subscribing to Saints TV so I can still watch the matches.

For anyone that has it, what are your thoughts? Worth it?

Banned

Honestly i got rid

Commentry poor cameras crap. No replay. Granted this was when it first came out but i found the quality poor. Kept buffering or freezing then all of a sudden you have missed 3-4 minutes of game play. One week we played leigh in a freindly. We was 4 points down. Next minute were 2 points up and it skipped 6 minites i couldnt get back

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Looking like we will be getting rid of Sky Sports to save some money, so looking at subscribing to Saints TV so I can still watch the matches.

I think its well worth the money, all Saints games men, women and academy are on there even the sky games. The quality is good and buffering issues mentioned could be the quality of broadband etc There is also free viewing usually for academy games and interviews etc so you could have a look and make your own judgement.

Follow the TV link off Saints website.

There are replays on the sky games and you can always pause, take the video back a few mins and watch the incident again.

Got A Season Ticket

I've just got rid, purely down to never watching it. I thought I'd watch it way more than I do, but after a couple of years I can count on one hand the amount of games I've watched on it.

But for some people, if you've got the time and desire to watch everything, then I don't see why it wouldn't be a good investment.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Initially it had problems with buffering and poor commentary similar to the ourleague app.

Improved quite a bit now, you get the Saints ladies full games, also you get the premium version of the players and coach interviews. Overall worth the subscription charge.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I think so, I was paying £80 a month for sky before I ditched it, £5.99 for Saints tv and you get every game, televised or not. I also like trawling through the classic games from the past, some recent, some not. Games are not live though, you have to wait a day or two and non televised games don’t have replays but for the price of two pints a month, I’m happy.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Well worth the money. I have had it since the day it started and never experienced any technical problems. On the untelevised games the commentary can be a bit boring, but I don’t miss all the Sky hype. I actually think that Stuart Pyke is much better on Saints TVthan Sky. Some of the extended interviews are OK as well.

Learning All The Songs

I'm a Saints fan but also a fan of Superleague so I want to watch all the other games that sky show. If i could just pay a smaller fee for that then i would. But were stuck with the rest.

Got A Season Ticket

IPTV with a VPN

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    IPTV with a VPN
    Naughty

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I've just unsubscribed to mine. I appreciate that we are a Rugby League club and not a Premier League football club but I expect a bit more than a few 4 minute interviews on Cowley field with KW and a few players answering the same questions with the same generic answers. Even the podcast with Stuart Pyke I find boring. For me to re-subscribe they need to put a bit more effort in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I've just unsubscribed to mine. I appreciate that we are a Rugby League club and not a Premier League football club but I expect a bit more than a few 4 minute interviews on Cowley field with KW and a few players answering the same questions with the same generic answers. Even the podcast with Stuart Pyke I find boring. For me to re-subscribe they need to put a bit more effort in it.
    I agree. 100% worth having if you haven't got Sky but not so if you do IMO.

You're right in that the budget will be next to nothing but there's lots of things they could do that might add interest. 'A day in the life of' for example - the captain, the physio, KW, Wellens. A bit of a fly on the wall thing for game days, or team meetings obviously without giving anything away and if the club are happy with that. 'At home with', interviews with ex players or 'where are they now', 'Watch alongs', get a couple of players or ex players to talk watch and talk through a classic match or two. News round ups, what's going on at the club etc. These are just off the top of my head in 2 minutes

Starting A Programme Collection

Saints TV that you can’t actually watch on TV as the channel won’t play through browser on TV’s. Can’t even cast it.
    Can only be watched on mobile devices or laptop etc so therefore you can’t see the detail very well. Unfortunately the subscription is for a year, very disappointing.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggy View Post
    Saints TV that you can’t actually watch on TV as the channel won’t play through browser on TV’s. Can’t even cast it.
    Can only be watched on mobile devices or laptop etc so therefore you can’t see the detail very well. Unfortunately the subscription is for a year, very disappointing.
    I watch it on Chrome on my TV, same on my projector. Works fine and on mobiles/laptop

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post

You're right in that the budget will be next to nothing but there's lots of things they could do that might add interest. 'A day in the life of' for example - the captain, the physio, KW, Wellens. A bit of a fly on the wall thing for game days, or team meetings obviously without giving anything away and if the club are happy with that. 'At home with', interviews with ex players or 'where are they now', 'Watch alongs', get a couple of players or ex players to talk watch and talk through a classic match or two. News round ups, what's going on at the club etc. These are just off the top of my head in 2 minutes
    I usually cherry pick what I want to see on SKY via NowTV sometimes they do a cheap discount monthly deal. If we get some of our away games on Channel 4 then thats a bonus, I watch most of the home games. With holidays and missing some away games I only catch up for about half a dozen games on Saints TV.

Seem to remember them saying you are getting proper commentaties on the Saints Ladies Games on the SaintsTV..............good value for money this coming season in my opinion.

Starting A Programme Collection

I had Saints tv last season no probs. I cancelled at the end of the season then tried to reregister no joy . Sprite kept failing my Thai credit card & for a reason only they knew my bank in UK would not transfer . But God bless them Dot Kenney & Jamie Allen managed to get my credit card to work . Now eagerly looking forward to a very exciting 2022 S/L season . Thank you very much Dot & Jamie .

Learning All The Songs

I've been quite disappointed with the content that's been put out on Saints TV over the pre season. It seems it's a bit half arsed with about 50% of the content just uploads of old games.

I stumbled across the Leeds Rhinos YouTube channels and they have put more out for free than Saints have on a 'premium service'. There seems to be little to no effort put into creating any content out of the box, I'll probably not renew when the subscription is up this time round.

RedVee TV have put better pre season content out than Saints.

Edit: some of the suggestions above by Sean Day would be great additions with little overheads and not a huge workload.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post

I like those ideas.