Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Tougher Concussion Protcols

Learning All The Songs

Default Tougher Concussion Protcols

https://www.totalrl.com/concussion-r...r-2022-season/

A quote from the article:
    In a further move, sentencing guidelines have also been amended for on-field foul play, with harsher punishments set to be handed down for a range of conduct.
    Sentences for striking, headbutting, kicking and late hits are set for a “further stiffening” in the upcoming season to disincentivise dangerous play and protect players.

Call me a cynic but I can see a one or two big bans handed out early on before it becomes open season on late hits again.
    Otherwise that nice Willy Isa will be perpetually banned.

Oh and of course get ready for halfbacks at certain clubs going down like a sack of spuds

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

A quote from the article:
    In a further move, sentencing guidelines have also been amended for on-field foul play, with harsher punishments set to be handed down for a range of conduct.
    Sentences for striking, headbutting, kicking and late hits are set for a “further stiffening” in the upcoming season to disincentivise dangerous play and protect players.

Call me a cynic but I can see a one or two big bans handed out early on before it becomes open season on late hits again.
    Otherwise that nice Willy Isa will be perpetually banned.

Oh and of course get ready for halfbacks at certain clubs going down like a sack of spuds

It's a fine line. Coaches will be telling the players to run it to the line, pass, wait for contact and stay down. It's up to the refs to determine if the player was committed or not. You just know it's going to be a big issue this year.

IMO for the integrity of the game, all clubs have a moral obligation to make sure this rule isn't taken advantage of - however we all know that won't happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Call me a cynic but I can see a one or two big bans handed out early on to Saints players, before it becomes open season on late hits again.

Just amended that for accuracy.

Wonder if the scum's players will be judged on the same standards? With Shirley Temple coaching them now, will they be similarly dirty, headshot tw*ats? Given the shaven ape is also back there pulling the strings, you'd expect so.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Just amended that for accuracy.

Wonder if the scum's players will be judged on the same standards? With Shirley Temple coaching them now, will they be similarly dirty, headshot tw*ats? Given the shaven ape is also back there pulling the strings, you'd expect so.
    Agreed what’s the betting Knowles cops a big ban for being a nanosecond late into the tackle