Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Super League and Covid

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

All that's true, but it predates the temporary suspension of scrums so bringing them back won't make too much difference (save, occasionally, in respect of 'packed defences'). Step in the right direction, though.

How about the '6 again' rule? Has there been any final decision on that yet?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    I've had both jabs since then my resting heart rate has gone from 53 to 74. I had spells of dizzyness, blurred vision and anxiety I've never had that before. I've witnessed 3 people have panic attacks and vertigo at work, I've never witnessed that before. I'm not anti vax the results speak for themselves but I've decided not to take up the booster, 6 months later I'm starting to feel myself again and my heart rate is down to low 60's now.

I rang my doctor about the booster, he basically dismissed what I was saying and didn't want to know. This stuff could be a coincidence but I'm not taking the risk. Why am I posting this? Some people on here seem more clued up than pub chat so wondering what their thoughts are on it?
    Hope you're okay mate. Like you I have had the initial two jabs but have not had a "booster". I don't enter in to the arguments anymore! Suffice to say I hope you're recovered.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I've had both jabs since then my resting heart rate has gone from 53 to 74. I had spells of dizzyness, blurred vision and anxiety I've never had that before. I've witnessed 3 people have panic attacks and vertigo at work, I've never witnessed that before. I'm not anti vax the results speak for themselves but I've decided not to take up the booster, 6 months later I'm starting to feel myself again and my heart rate is down to low 60's now.

I rang my doctor about the booster, he basically dismissed what I was saying and didn't want to know. This stuff could be a coincidence but I'm not taking the risk. Why am I posting this? Some people on here seem more clued up than pub chat so wondering what their thoughts are on it?
    I,ve had side effects of the above as well, had my bio MOT done last week with blood test and an ECG everything fine except for blood pressure up a bit. Can't excercise on the bike though because the vertigo will effect my balance if I do a sudden head movement. Never really thought of the 2 jabs and the booster causing problems but there might be something out there in minor side effects, hoping to get back to normality in a couple of months.

EDIT: Just done a search seems as though dizziness and vertigo a bit more of a side effect with the Moderna Vaccine.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 22nd January 2022 at 10:19.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I,ve had side effects of the above as well, had my bio MOT done last week with blood test and an ECG everything fine except for blood pressure up a bit. Can't excercise on the bike though because the vertigo will effect my balance if I do a sudden head movement. Never really thought of the 2 jabs and the booster causing problems but there might be something out there in minor side effects, hoping to get back to normality in a couple of months.

EDIT: Just done a search seems as though dizziness and vertigo a bit more of a side effect with the Moderna Vaccine.
    I had the Pfizer vaccine. My doctor said it can't be a side effect because a side effect is like a rash not the things I had.
    Mine only started about 4 weeks after the jab that's why I didn't realise at the time. It was only after seeing people have panic attacks and vertigo I started looking online. There's a Reddit page somewhere with people saying the same symptoms about 4 weeks after the jab. I thought it was from caffeine at first but I was only drinking a couple cups of coffee per day not like I was on energy drinks and I don't take drugs or anything like that just a couple of pints occasionally.

I had the Pfizer vaccine. My doctor said it can't be a side effect because a side effect is like a rash not the things I had.
    Mine only started about 4 weeks after the jab that's why I didn't realise at the time. It was only after seeing people have panic attacks and vertigo I started looking online. There's a Reddit page somewhere with people saying the same symptoms about 4 weeks after the jab. I thought it was from caffeine at first but I was only drinking a couple cups of coffee per day not like I was on energy drinks and I don't take drugs or anything like that just a couple of pints occasionally.
    Yes did a lot searching this morning, seems to be quite a common side effect after the 2nd dose or booster jab alongside a numbness in one or more toes. The medical publications are saying its an immune response that can occur short or mid term, in the case of vertigo its a false immune response to an infection in the middle ear or the detachment of a crystal in the fluid duct.

My bio MOT last week was pretty extensive and they couldn't explain the reason for having vertigo symptoms, so I,m assuming they might be aware of the side effect but not confirming it for other reasons. I do a lot of biking and rock scrambling but thats been hit on the head so to speak.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 22nd January 2022 at 12:33.

If you don’t get jabbed biggest side effect is death
    If you know your history ,you値l never write off the saints

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The blue saint View Post
    That depends on your health and age. The Americans recently admitted that 75% of covid deaths
    were with folk who had 4 comorbidities. Makes you wonder how many of the remaining 25% had 2 or 3 comorbidities. If you are half healthy the risk of the jab is probably greater than anything Covid could throw at you. Sports men and women all over the world are struggling as a result of having the shot. Teenage boys are having serious heart issues particularly after the second jab and womens menstrual cycles are being impacted too.
    You keep getting your boosters if you think it’s worth it, blue saint. I imagine the queues at the jab tents are much shorter these days so you shouldn’t be waiting too long.
    Last edited by fishy3005; 23rd January 2022 at 16:05.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Cats players and staff all vaccinated.
    Apparently up to five Tolouse players have walked out of the club after refusing to be vaccinated, let's hope for the good of the game they can be pursuaded to rethink, although some on this thread will obviously disagree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Apparently up to five Tolouse players have walked out of the club after refusing to be vaccinated, let's hope for the good of the game they can be pursuaded to rethink, although some on this thread will obviously disagree
    What is the current definition of ‘vaccinated’??? 2 jabs? 3? 4? Just keep getting the poke folks, after all, the hardest ‘3 weeks to flatten the curve’ is always the first 2 years. :thumpsup:
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Knew the Aussie FB had walked out, but didn’t know about the others. Not looking good for Toulouse, they hadn’t done much recruitment anyway. Pity, I would have liked to see them succeed.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The blue saint View Post
    You can be assured in this world of variables whether jabbed or not we will all catch that train, death is the biggest side effect of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    You can be assured in this world of variables whether jabbed or not we will all catch that train, death is the biggest side effect of living.
    Just nature's way of telling you to slow down!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

If thousands of scientists across the known world tell me to get a few jabs to increase my chances of living through a pandemic, I知 100% on board. I appreciate there are some people out there with little to no knowledge of the subject who know better and to them I say, fill your boots and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    If thousands of scientists across the known world tell me to get a few jabs to increase my chances of living through a pandemic, I知 100% on board. I appreciate there are some people out there with little to no knowledge of the subject who know better and to them I say, fill your boots and good luck.
    In today's Star saying that three of the Saints team remain unvaccinated and will miss the away games against Catalan and Tolouse, personally I would adjust their salaries accordingly for making themselves unavailable

Learning All The Songs

Yes but getting vaccinated increases your chances of not getting the milk train

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

In today's Star saying that three of the Saints team remain unvaccinated and will miss the away games against Catalan and Tolouse, personally I would adjust their salaries accordingly for making themselves unavailable
    It痴 a good way of getting a few mid season rests for the body I値l give them that.

In The South Stand

If thousands of scientists across the known world tell me to get a few jabs to increase my chances of living through a pandemic, I’m 100% on board. I appreciate there are some people out there with little to no knowledge of the subject who know better and to them I say, fill your boots and good luck.
    That’s my view as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    It痴 a good way of getting a few mid season rests for the body I値l give them that.
    Yes, with the result that their team mates will have to take the burden, Wigan say that only one of their squad is unvaccinated, their powers of persuasion must be better than ours.

Yes, with the result that their team mates will have to take the burden, Wigan say that only one of their squad is unvaccinated, their powers of persuasion must be better than ours.
    It will only have a significant effect if we have an injury crisis when we play the Catalans, Toulouse are already on the back foot losing players already. Our 3 non vaccinated players could also be outside of the first choice 17, don't think its a big deal really.

We,ve got a pretty good depth of squad, its a really big challenge to go for the fourpeat, Woolf might use more rotation this season and just forget about the push for the LLS, he will have the CC and GF in the crosshairs.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Yes but getting vaccinated increases your chances of not getting the milk train
    No it does not !! I will reply as per your comment to me previously, read what you have quoted.
    Do you really believe the vaccine and booster gives you immortality ?
    Like it or not we are all going to have to shove over for the next generation and we will catch that train.

Learning All The Songs

No it does not !! I will reply as per your comment to me previously, read what you have quoted.
    Like it or not we are all going to have to shove over for the next generation and we will catch that train.
    He clearly means increases your chances of not having an untimely death, not that it makes you immortal.

In The South Stand

The first train = risk of early death.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    He clearly means increases your chances of not having an untimely death, not that it makes you immortal.
    Seriously? And they call themselves scientists, what an absolute shambles. They've spent the last two years wittering on about vaccines and things like herd immortality. Good job you've mentioned this as I've stopped looking when I cross the road since I got boosted.

In The South Stand

The decision as to whether to take the vaccines isn't a black and white decision. There isn't a right or wrong answer to it. It's an individual decision and for most it will be that being vaccinated is the choice. For those who don't decide that, and scientists and doctors far more knowledgeable than most on here are among them, that's fine too. This moral high horse than a lot of people are getting on, particularly when you are insulting the knowledge and intelligence of the people who don't agree with you, is a little daft.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    The decision as to whether to take the vaccines isn't a black and white decision. There isn't a right or wrong answer to it. It's an individual decision and for most it will be that being vaccinated is the choice. For those who don't decide that, and scientists and doctors far more knowledgeable than most on here are among them, that's fine too. This moral high horse than a lot of people are getting on, particularly when you are insulting the knowledge and intelligence of the people who don't agree with you, is a little daft.
    You’re right that there are scientists and doctors who have shown a reluctance to be vaccinated. It’s certainly correct that, because of their training, they know more about the issues than I do.

I don’t pretend to understand the scientific background of any vaccine I am offered or am required to have - e.g. the yellow fever vaccine for travel, which is mandatory when travelling to some jurisdictions. What I do is take medical advice and, in this particular case, scientists and doctors who have doubts about the vaccine are in a tiny minority. The following article is accessible to non-scientists/medical practitioners and explains the issues relating to the compulsory vaccination of NHS Staff in England:

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...lege-hospital/

Refusing vaccination is like playing Russian Roulette. You may get Covid 19 and not notice or you may get minor symptoms or something more debilitating but in any case you may get Long Covid and suffer for months or perhaps indefinitely. More unusually, you may be a perfectly healthy individual whose life is ended by the illness or who comes so close to death as to stress out all your relatives and friends:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-60162708

It’s the Russian Roulette element of the illness that worries me. Is it worth risking Long Covid, which would destroy the livelihood of any professional sportsman or woman, or death because of doubts about vaccines, which admittedly have rare side effects? From my point of view the balance of risk is heavily weighted in favour of having the vaccine. The weight of good advice from reputable sources makes it as near to a black and white issue as can be.

I hope that I’m not trying to insult anyone’s intelligence or knowledge.